Northwest Native: Favorite Things: Summer Shoes

Monday, June 29, 2015

Favorite Things: Summer Shoes

Today I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea for Favorite Things. Today's topic? Summer shoes! I normally live for boot season. I get sooo excited the first day of fall weather (I get so eager that sometimes it's as early as August, if I get lucky and there's an overcast day--but I usually overheat all day and decide to not wear boots again until about October). But this spring I found some awesome spring and summer shoes and I don't know if I'll ever be ready to go back to boots! (Most of these photos have been shared on this here blog already, so I'm sorry for the repetition!)

My first favorite pair is by Vince Camuto. I bought them back in March for about $80 (I think they were 30-40% off). They were well worth it. They also came in red and black, but the red sold out, then my color, and now it appears they are all gone! Below are just a few of the times I've worn them. These are crazy comfy. I got 103 active minutes (thanks, Fitbit!) one day walking to brunch and then from brunch to the library and back...wearing these shoes! I love that the heel is chunky. The leather is super soft and doesn't rub too!
I found a similar pair by Vince Camuto here!

I also ordered these black sandals in March. (I ordered these and the above sandals for my Mexico trip!) Nordstrom featured the black sandals on their Facebook page and I fell in love. I could've purchased these in both black and tan or the above shoes in both black and tan, but I like that I have both great neutrals in totally different styles! I love the chunky heel on these. Again, no rubbing! I can walk a lot in these.

My gold sandals are great! I'm not much of a flip flop person, so these are my substitute. When I first got them, they rubbed the inside of my foot. That stopped after the first wear, which I thought was weird. But anyway, I love the support that the footbed shape provides!

These wedges are by Dolce Vita and are from last year. They had so many different color combos, but I was drawn to the jade green and cognac pair. I don't wear these nearly as often as the above three pairs, but I adore them and they don't hurt my feet! And of course I can't wear them as much since they aren't completely neutral like the above pairs.
This is the most similar pair I could find by Dolce Vita.

I get tons of wear out of my faux Keds through pretty much all the seasons. I have a polka dot pair and a leopard print pair. All currently available colors can be found here.

I had to include these sandals. I don't even own them and I think I've blogged about them at least three times now. I mentioned in this post that they are the only pair of shoes I'm allowed to buy for the foreseeable future. (Maybe if I buy them I'll finally shut up about them!)

Can't wait to see everyone else's summer shoe picks (and not buy any because as I said I can only buy the above sandals)!

-Mattie

15 comments:

  1. I love that first pair of shoes you showed off! So fun for summer! I need a pair like that. I also love the blue floral shorts you were wearing in one of the photos. Where did you find those? Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a boot girl, too, Mattie, even living in the South. But I'm a Fall and winter person, so what can I say? I loved your black sandals and I really like the Sam Edleman brand. As a matter of fact, they are the brand of my favorite pair of boots! Enjoy your Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was tempted to include my favorite boots in this post too but forgot it was summer shoes only!

    I love those black sandals you posted and those ked looking shoes, so cute!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, I am a flip flop person so I feel funny in anything actually pretty & cute like you have on. I wish I could pull them off. I feel like I look odd. Don't know why. Probably because I prefer to go barefoot. #countrygirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why I'm so off on my blog game lately. I completely spaced this linkup. Love your choices. And I wanted those Vince Camuto shoes in black, but I guess I waited too long to decide. I still have my eye on those sandals too. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You get all kinds of fancy with your summer shoes. Mine consist 95% of some form of a flip flop...not even going to lie! I love flip flops! Those Sam Edelman sandals have been on my want list for awhile now too. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a flip flop person either - LOVE the gold alternative! I need some more with a thick chunky heel - so true about being able to wear them around for long periods of time without issue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the top shoes! I wasn't sure how those would look on, but they look great in all your pictures. Definitely makes me want to find a pair similar..bummer they are all gone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandals are my favorite summer item and you have some really cute ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am coveting the Sam Edelman shoes also! :) I have been drooling over the Cognac color...When I find them in my size (and hopefully on sale) they're mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially love that first pair and all the looks you had to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love, love your Vince Camuto shoes. They look so, super cute on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite ones are actually those gold ones. I really love them! They can totally make an outfit complete. I've been eyeing similar Vince Camuto ones, though, too... but am trying to hold off because I don't want to spend the money right now. However, once the fall season hits, I know I am going to want them, you know? Oh, goodness!
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know this post is about summer shoes, but honestly, I'm mostly dieing over all of the suuuuuuuper cute outfits you're rocking here. PRINTS ON PRINTS ON PRINTS! I'm soooooooooo into it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you think about picking the best Bitcoin exchange company - YoBit.

    ReplyDelete