Northwest Native: Coffee Date [2.24.17]

Friday, February 24, 2017

Coffee Date [2.24.17]

I figured it's time for another coffee date.

Let's start off with the obvious: I'm kind of MIA in the blog world lately. The reason for that is I simply don't feel like blogging much. I prefer to spend my free time doing other things. I don't want to completely give up blogging (I at least want to continue participating in SUYB and monthly budget posts, with a few sporadic posts like this thrown in, probably) but I'm not going to promise even one post every week.

Along with that, I'm not reading blogs as much as I used to, and commenting even less than I am reading. So don't think that I hate your blog if I've always been a commenter.

Moving right along. If we were having coffee, I'd be drinking mine out of this amazing mug that Ashley got me as part of the Galentine's Blogger Exchange that Olya and I hosted (link up your posts below!). She also got me Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella because I mentioned at one point that I've never read anything by her. I think it's so great that Ashley remembered that little detail, plus my love of Harry Potter. I felt like she really knew me, even though we've never met! (For future reference: coffee mugs and bookish things are pretty much foolproof gifts for me!)


Speaking of books, I won my second Goodreads giveaway! So exciting. I won Boy Meets Depression: Or Life Sucks and Then You Live.

We got our thermostat to work! It only took Michael climbing up into our crawlspace (using a ladder we borrowed from my mom) and scaring the crap out of me because of how high it is (and he had to step on the top of the ladder, which I don't think you're supposed to do) and a ladder on carpet doesn't feel quite as secure as a ladder on solid ground. Add all that to the fact that I was the one holding the ladder and I have the arm strength of a 6-year-old...queue my anxiety. But it works! It's so much prettier than our old thermostat.

I know I can be kind of a cheapskate when it comes to clothes, but seriously, I can't handle how expensive Gap is compared to Old Navy when they're owned by the same company. I am so in love with this t-shirt dress, but $70?! (Okay, so as I'm writing this it's on sale and with the extra promo it's like $36; I guess I could swing that...at least if my Old Navy credit card rewards work towards Gap too.) I mean, I know it has a little something extra over a plain t-shirt dress, but seriously. A t-shirt dress from Old Navy is $27 (exhibit A, exhibit B, exhibit C) and it's almost impossible to pay full price at Old Navy. (As I was writing this, all three of those dresses were 50% off.)

I'm not much of a flats person, but I adore these lace-up flats! Cognac would be my first choice, but I kind of love both!

Michael takes way better pictures than I do. Why is he so good and mine always look super amateur? Oh well, at least I can force him to send them to me.

I haven't been taking many pictures of my outfits lately, so I didn't want to do a full post on them. But here's one of my new favorite shirts in action:
And my new Nikes! I've wanted cute, sporty sneakers for a while and I just got them on Wednesday! I'll admit, I was kind of nervous that a) I wouldn't be able to pull them off, or b) they'd make my feet look enormous but I got dressed and loved the look.
*Yes my mirror is still dirty. I cleaned that entire bathroom like crazy and totally forgot about this mirror. Oh well!

I'm also super loving my new crazy bright workout crops! I really wanted these burgundy leggings (I'm a sucker for the sheer panels, I guess) but they disappeared and I fell in love with the hot pink. Now that the burgundy is back, I want those too!

Are any of you watching Big Little Lies on HBO? I loved the book, and lucky for us, we have HBO free for a few months because (unlucky for us) our provider and ABC are not getting along right now. I don't think it's as good as the book (no surprise there) but I liked the first episode!

I got my hands on some Girl Scout cookies. I don't know any Girl Scouts here, and when I was in Seattle I just bought them from my boss's daughter. I tried using the contact for via the GS website, but it didn't work. So then I found the Facebook page for Girl Scouts in this region and messaged them. Then the auto-response prompted me to email them. And they responded to both. Seriously, I was determined to get my cookies. And in case anyone was wondering, the new s'mores ones are good.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest




17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you loved your gifts, and I hope that you end up loving Can You Keep A Secret as much as I did! Lately I've been finding myself not necessarily blogging as much as I used to as well, and I think that has to do with just being busier and not having the time. You do what you can, right? And you can't miss out on SUYB! It's probably my favorite linkup ever! I hope that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been such a bad blog reader, too! And my whole "post on T/R" attempt has gotten really lax. I agree--sometimes you need to just have fun doing other things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just can't go wrong with a good Harry Potter mug! Also, I've had the same issue with Girl Scout cookies. This is the first year I haven't been bombarded by them at every grocery store. When I was going into the store the other day, they were out front and I was so excited to buy some Tagalongs when I came back out. But when I came out, they were gone! It was terrible, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. $70 for a tee shirt is kind of crazy, not kind of-more like absolutely absurd. I am realizing that it's been months since I bought any clothes and the world hasn't ended. Stick to old navy girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh awesome thermostat! I would be totally freaked out as well. I love those shoes. I've been wanting lace up flats for ages. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont even want to talk about Girl Scout cookies... I have been ripping through the boxes lately.
    I had to laugh - I have the same amount of upper body strength too :) But that thermostat is NICEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've felt the same way about blogging lately, I don't want to stop but every time I start a post I'm just like nooope, this isn't working right now. Love the mug Ashley got you and I added that book to my tbr list after she mentioned how much she loved it. My favorite part of BLL was the ending, so I think I'm going to like the show more than the book, but it's interesting to watch with my husband who didn't read it-- I thought it was going to be this big mystery, but he kind of figured everything out just from the first episode. Love your new nikes and I haven't seen any Girl Scout cookies this year-- which is probably for the best, but I'm definitely craving some.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mug Ashley got you, and I want to read that book! I've been having trouble blogging lately too. My only problem with Old Navy is sometimes the quality is so bad. I do look for Gap items if they're on a big sale sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore that mug! I don't really have any fancy or fun mugs and now I'm getting coffee mug envy. :D I go through periods where I lose my blogging mojo too and learned to just not force myself to write. I have been avoiding eye contact with all these little, adorable girl scouts outside my grocery store because I'm trying really, really hard to avoid buying some this year as I want to lose weight. But I feel so damn guilty! And maybe a little hungry too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on the Gap vs Old Navy expense! And I love those Nikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay galentine's gifts!! Thank you for hosting! :) I'm really into the sheer panel leggings trend too, but I haven't found THE ONES for me yet. Those burgundy ones are cute! If they came in black, I'd be all over it! I would have had a heart attack over the ladder sitch. As it is, we just got a new gas range today, and I legit screamed every time my dad turned on one of the burners for the first time oops. #adulting #helpful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you again for hosting! :)
    -Janell (3arrows.weebly.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your girl scout cookie determination :) Definitely missing you in Blogland, but totally understand your wanting to do other things in your free time!
    I LOVE THAT MUG!! What an awesome gift! Thanks for hosting these swaps!
    (P.S. If you ever quit blogging we need to be penpals or something but we totally jive too well to be strangers again! I hope that's not a weird thing to say, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That mug is so cute! I always see that quote on Pinterest and need to find a printable or something of it! My brother works at Gap, so he always lets us know when there is a good sale. I'll have to send you a link when they do their next Friends & Family sale (It's sometime in the spring.) We totally picked up 5 boxes of Girl Scout cookies today. Haha. We stopped at Lowe's after church and they happened to have a booth set up inside. The little girls selling were just too cute! They didn't have the s'mores ones, I'll have to be on the look out for those!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That mug is adorable! My best friend would be absolutely in love with that!

    How did I not know that Gap was owned by Old Navy!? However, I never shop at Gap unless they have MAJOR sales! I, too am way too cheap when it comes to buying clothes! I just can't fathom spending that much on a shirt!

    P.S. Girl Scout cookies are an addiction! My husband and I last year were travelling and stopped at this truck stop and they had 4 boxes on their counter selling them, we bought them all! Perfect travel snack :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute mug! I havent watched Big Little Lies yet but it is on my list to start soon. I sort of want more than one episode to watch at a time so I am waiting. We have a thermastat we can control with Amazon Echo or our phones and it is so awesome! Hope you are enjoying yours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. okay. so yeah, seventy bucks is a lot of money, especially when you think you could buy three dresses from old navy for the price of the one at the gap. but a) stuff from the gap typically holds up a LOT longer than stuff from old navy (which is why they can charge more); b) the one from the gap is at least three times cuter than the ones from old navy; and c) if you feel pretty in something, then the seventy bucks is worth it, and i kind of feel like you'd feel prettier in the gap dress more than you would in those from old navy. so i'd probably splurge on the one from the gap. if i had seventy bucks to spend on clothes, that is...

    ReplyDelete