Northwest Native: December Budget [2016]

Friday, December 23, 2016

December Budget [2016]

2016 Budget Remaining
$153.03 - Annual budget remaining
$17.87 - ThredUp
$43.07 - Splender
$19.43 - eBates
$14.40 - Poshmark
$60.23 - Nordstrom gift cards
$5 - Old Navy Rewards
$313.03 - Maximum budget amount available

Drum roll please, because I bought approximately NOTHING* this month.

I honestly had no desire to buy anything. Part of this was because I had asked for most of the remaining things on my wish list for Christmas, so I figured I'd get some of them. Another part of it was that I was in my closet at the beginning of the month and realized I had quite a few things I wanted to wear the next day. And then I realized that isn't possible, and that that means I'm pretty good on clothes now.

I was also trying not to spend money on myself when I had so much other stuff to buy for other people. And we spent a lot during our Portland staycation. Oh, and I also have some sizable credit card debt right about now because I'm an idiot and decided to pay our car insurance annually, which we couldn't afford and so I put on a credit card...and we can't afford to pay it off all at once. So, that too.

*This refers to clothes/shoes/accessories for myself. I bought Christmas gifts and a crap ton of groceries and other Christmas crap. But nothing to include in my budget post.

I actually came out on top, because I ended up returning the two turtleneck tunics from last month's post. They were super thin material and I didn't like the fit of them.

2016 Budget Remaining
$153.03 - Annual budget remaining
$17.87 - ThredUp
$43.07 - Splender
$19.43 - eBates
$14.40 - Poshmark
$111.67 - Nordstrom gift cards
$5 - Old Navy Rewards
$364.47 - Maximum budget amount available

I'm not going to do a recap of the year or anything, since I think my final remaining balances are good enough. Plus, you can click the 'budget' tag on this post to see past budget posts if you're interested. I think I'm going to put the ThredUp, Splender, eBates, and Poshmark amounts remaining toward my student loans or something and not roll that over to next year. My budget for next year will start over at $1,200, plus the Nordstrom gift cards and Old Navy Rewards.

Comments turned off because it's Christmas weekend and there's not much to comment on me buying NOTHING!

Linking up with Franish's Budgeting Bloggers!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest