Northwest Native: Outfits Lately, Vol. 2

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Outfits Lately, Vol. 2

Time for me to show you what I wore again even though 90% of it is from years past! You'll notice that I did get the booties I wanted for my birthday and clearly I'm loving them since I wore them like four days in a row.

Tuesday, October 25th
Sweater (similar-ish) - Tunic (similar) - Leggings - Boots (similar)
Nadine asked me if I had ever tried these leggings so I sang my praises of them to her! They are SO crazy soft, and they don't roll down or give you a muffin top with the high, wide waistband. However, I have the gray ones, and you can't tell in this picture like you can online or in person, but they are heathered. I feel like that makes them look suuuper casual (like lounge wear) so I don't find myself wearing them in public generally. I wore them this day because my top was suuuper long so not as much of them showed, but 99% because my black leggings were in the laundry.

Wednesday, October 26th
Dress - Scarf (similar) - Boot socks (similar) - Boots
This is one of my favorite dresses, so of course I had to wear it for the first time this fall on my birthday! I think I want another...but this time, the sleeveless version so I can wear it year round!

Thursday, October 27th
Sweater (similar, similar) - Jeans (similar) - Boots (similar)
I got my sweater on super clearance at Sports Authority earlier this year since they're closing all their stores. It's been in my closet for months with the tags on just waiting...so I wore it at the end of October, even though it's a Christmas sweater. Also, I doubt anyone reading this is a Blazers fan, so if you want this sweater for your own team...just look at their apparel shop. Edited to add: I didn't just randomyl wear this. We went to the game. Ha!

Friday, October 28th
Sweater - Necklace - Tee (similar) - Jeans (similar) - Booties (similar)

Saturday, October 29th
Poncho - Tee - Necklace (similar) - Jeans (similar) - Booties

Monday, October 31st
Tee - Jeans (similar) - Booties

Tuesday, November 1st
Shirt - Tee (similar) - Jeans - Booties
Hoping the reason my legs look so stubby is because I accidentally used the 'square' setting instead of the 'photo' setting for this picture...

Wednesday, November 2nd
Dress - Shoes (similar)
My mother-in-law got me this dress for my birthday. Immediately when I saw the color I thought it wouldn't work on me (I always think tans/beiges/creams will look horrible because I'm pale) but I actually really liked it. I had to exchange it for a bigger size, and I decided to try on the black and white stripe one too (I wouldn't allow myself to try the burgundy because I knew I'd end up with it--ha!) and struggled to decide in the dressing room. I ended up choosing this one, and when I got home and looked at the picture of me that I snapped in the black and white stripes I realized there was really no contest. It pays to step out of your comfort zone (yes, even something so small as wearing a color you wouldn't normally wear). Fun note: When I put this dress on, Michael said, "Why are you wearing a collar?" Then he turned to our dog and said, "Mommy wants to look like you, so she's wearing a collar!" Hahaha.

Friday, November 4th
Duster (similar) - Tee (similar) - Jeans (similar) - Booties (similar)

Monday, November 7th
Sweater (similar) - Tank (similar, similar) - Jeans (similar) - Boots
My mom usually gives me a mix of things I specifically ask for for Christmas and things she finds. This was one of those things I had no idea about, but ended up loving (from a few years ago). Also, like the striped dress above, I never would've picked out something in this color, so I love that someone else did for me. ;)

Tomorrow I'll be linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

18 comments:

  1. That gray dress from Wednesday is ADORABLE! Omg. I think I need it. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest style.
    THAT PONCHO!!!! That's the kind I'm looking for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl you so fashionable :) the last outift is my fave, so comfy looking. i had to lol @ why are you wearing a collar? men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your style is the best. I aspire to wear the stuff you do! That dress is flawless. It looks SO good on you!! Also, the long sleeves with the poncho is a great combination! My mom wore something like that last Friday and I was like, "WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE DID THIS STYLE COME FROM??" Haha! Also, Michael's comments about the "collar"- totally something K would say. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that duster sweater & the leopard print 1. I've been wearing a lot of leggings lately.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these posts! I really like the maroon top in #4, and the last one, so comfy! My mom does the same thing with buying things I've asked for and whatever she wants to get me and I'm always surprised when she finds things I wouldn't normally get for myself but wind up loving! Also, I'm always afraid of mixing patterns, but you nailed it in that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that Mock Neck Knit Shift Dress from Nordstrom (In black). I wore it on my bday this year; I LOVE it. Cute looks, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your outfits recently, especially since they all look so fall and I'm loving all of your boots and booties! I really love your pumpkin shirt for Halloween though! So cute! That dress your MIL picked out is so cute, and I'm with you on the whole not being able to buy anything in burgundy because I'll buy it thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha before I even saw that you mentioned me I had clicked on the link for the leggings to see if it was the Hues ones hahaha. I sent the link for them to my mom for Christmas after our discussion. I love your animal printed sweaters and those booties!!! Well basically all of your outfits! I can see why that dress is one of your favorites, you are rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Send me your closet! (do I say that every post? lol) The Leith ruched dress is definitely going on my Christmas list- it looks amazing on you! Do you find it runs true to size? I definitely need to try the HUE leggings too, I've heard so many good things and I definitely need a new pair of black ones this year. And LOL at Michael's comment about the dress/collar/dog. The dress is so cute and the stripes give it a little more shape, which is awesome for flowy pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That poncho sweater doesn't look like the one you have linked from old navy...there is no button on that one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is from two years ago. They tweak it every year.

      Delete
  12. All of your outfits are so cute! (Pretty sure I said this in your last outfit post too..) Love that you got those booties for your birthday too! I also love you paired a scarf with that dress. I don't think I've ever seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy late birthday!! Your MIL has good taste, I love that dress! Wanna just dress me actually? haha you have the best style! I freaking LOVE that cardigan with the animal print. omg.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your outfits are super cute! I absolutely love the cardigan in the last pic. I have that gray poncho sweater too. Mine's from NY & Co I think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I lurveeeee your grey birthday ruched dress from Nordstrom. Too bad I didn't live closer or I'd be asking/demanding to borrow that sucker.
    Tomorrow is my birthday but I can't wear a dress because it's day two of my cpr/first aid course and we're on the floor doing mock scenarios so that doesn't work out. BUT I'll wear a dress to dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. DARLING!!! I love the first Wednesday pic and the last one the mostest (and you know I especially loved the Blazer Xmas sweater :). These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete