Northwest Native: Let's get some Christmas spirit up in this b****.

Friday, November 11, 2016

Let's get some Christmas spirit up in this b****.

First of all, sorry about the cussing in the title. I know I didn't actually type the word, but some people are easily offended. I just thought it was funny. Please don't hurt me.

Also, don't hurt me if you don't start celebrating Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving or December 1st. I'm not suggesting that you listen to Christmas music or watch Christmas movies now (unless you want to!). But I do have some really great news.

Olya and I are cohosting another Blogger Christmas Cheer Exchange!
Last year, this was a big hit. So much so, that we also did a Galentine's Blogger Exchange. We are so excited to bring it back this year!

Here are the deets:
Click HERE to sign up!
This is open to bloggers only, with the purpose of connecting bloggers to fellow bloggers they may not have connected with before.
Open internationally--If you are willing to ship internationally, please let us know when you sign up! (This does not just mean Canada, it could be anywhere in the world. Keep that in mind when you agree!)
November 18th: Sign up deadline!
December 2nd: Deadline to ship your package!
December 16th: Link up your posts about what you got! You don't have to post them that day, you can post them before or after, but the link-up will go live that day.
$20: Minimum price, before shipping. If you want to spend more, feel free, but know that you might not receive a gift of greater than $20 value.

I know a lot of you will roll your eyes at this (I am too), but I feel like I need to say it just in case. I know the election has been very divisive, and many bloggers have been vocal about the candidate that they supported. So please be respectful of the other person's views and don't send them something supporting your own candidate if you know they voted differently. I highly doubt anyone would've done this anyway, but just trying to cover some bases. This is a happy season, so give gifts that you hope will make your partner happy!

Also, if you sign up for the exchange and do not send a gift, you will not be permitted to participate in future exchanges. So if you don't receive a gift, let Olya or myself know so we can check with the person who is supposed to be sending you something (since your partner is secret!). You are signing up at your own risk. Hopefully everyone will receive a gift, but we cannot guarantee that.

------

This is unrelated to our exchange, but I wanted to share that Jenn sent me such a thoughtful care package last week. I commented on one of her posts, and she replied asking for my address. I knew that she sent things out to her readers sometimes, so I gave it to her and these fun things arrived at my door a few days later.
She also sent two awesome cards (blank, so they can be sent to others to spread even more cheer). I so love the quote on this one.
I hope we can all spread a little joy with our exchange too. :)

Since the rest of this post has morphed into my favorites for the week, I have to mention these adorable socks I got at Target! They're $1.50 a pair and they have tons of patterns. I really wanted the dinosaur ones, the cheeseburger ones, and basically all the rest of them too.

I think I'll stop there. Let me know if you have any questions about the exchange! Linking up with AndreaErika, & Narci for Friday Favorites!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

28 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS. Sign me up!! (And can I just skip ahead and send you and Oyla a bunch of goodies but I love you guys both so much??) Also, your title is something that would easily come out of my mouth :)
    That was too sweet of Jenn! I've thought about asking for people's address to send them stuff, but that'd be dangerous for me because I'd see something and be like, "So and so would love this!" and all my money would be gone.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome package to get-- those journals are so fun and I love that she sent blank cards for you to pass on- such a cool idea! I love fun socks like that, weirdly enough I think Forever 21 has the best ones, but I'm going to check out Target the next time I'm there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lady, thanks for the shoutout today. :]

    first of all, i don't want you to worry about offending other people. i don't sugarcoat my stuff... i wouldn't want you sugarcoating yours. my mother's fond of saying, "i'm a woman fully-growed. i can do what i want." i try to practice that attitude as often as possible.

    second, i forgot to take the price tags off. my bad.

    third, i sent you the goodies because you've shown picky love by leaving comments, which i love. that's just a little something to say thank you. also you had a birthday not too long ago. that williams sonoma gift card, by the way, also works at pottery barn, pottery barn kids and west elm.

    my friend ann called my attention to that card. i'm quite fond of it. i'm glad you like it, too.

    and heck yeah, sign me up for that exchange. i'm all for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand people who get mad about talking about Christmas in November. It brings some people immense joy (ME!!!!!) and if you don't like it then simply just don't say anything, you know? No need for grinches! Those socks you got are soooooo cute! I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many happy things in one post :) Thanks for spreading this cheer--and love the idea behind this blogger gift exchange. How fun!

    Also those socks are adorable. I'd like to make a trip to Target this weekend anyway, and these socks would be great for the gym. Thanks for sharing!

    AND! That card :) What a sweet message!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i got it from blue willow bookshop in houston: http://www.bluewillowbookshop.com/ if you're ever in this particular metropolis, and you've got the time, it's a damned fine bookstore.

      those cards and magnets are some of my very favorite things.

      Delete
  6. SO excited to do this again with you!

    Those socks are adorable & what a sweet package from Jenn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gift exchange was fun last year! Glad you guys are doing it again. :) How nice of Jenn to send you some fun stuff! Those socks are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO DARLING. I love it. Especially those socks! Nice work, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, thank you, ma'am. all but those socks aren't from me. those mattie found all on her own. :]

      Delete
  9. Oh yay! I was just wondering about the Blogger Gift Exchange! And love those socks, especially the donut ones, obv. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deleted my first comment bc you'll see it in your email.<3 anyways, galantines was awesome!! I want to do this one but I'm debating just because I MAY have already spent like all my Christmas allowance on Brighton and she is only an infant so clearly I have no self control...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That care package is so sweet and thoughtful! Love those socks too! SO much more fun than the boring gray ones I always wear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hear ya! This post of cheer was much-needed. The exchange sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this sounds like a blast. The last (only) blog exchange I have done I did not get my gift... : / Maybe I'll try again? Thank you for your comment on my election thoughts post. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  15. I most definitely LOLed at your title. :) My Mom doesn't decorate until Black Friday (but she actually hosts Thanksgiving so a Christmas tree might be inappropriate there) but I'm pretty sure she is already jamming to Christmas music. The exchange sounds fun and I love those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm beyond excited to do this exchange again! I had so much fun last year, and I can't wait to meet some new blogger friends!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I need to buy myself those donut socks next time I'm at target. I just made a poster and it basically matches haha. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am so offended by your title. jk. obvs.
    LOVE those socks though. so freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg! I LOL'ed literally just reading the title of this on my bloglovin' feed!! Thank you for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that gift she sent you. So very sweet of her. I loved this gift exchange last year so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, ma'am. i loved finding them and sending them off.

      Delete
  21. I'm so excited for the gift exchange! I love meeting new bloggers & sharing the cheer!

    ReplyDelete