Northwest Native: Weekly Lessons: The Fall One

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Weekly Lessons: The Fall One

It's Weekly Lessons with Lexi and I! Today, I'm going to be doing things a little differently. I'm going to write my blurb and then add the lesson at the end (a format I stole borrowed from Lexi). The last lesson is a looong (tons of pictures) one. Sorry!

Michael picked this up in the checkout line of Walgreens. I love me some pumpkin spice (and get super annoyed by everyone being all negative about it--it's okay to not like something without hating on everyone who does like it) but I made a disgusted face at him. It actually ended up being pretty good. I wouldn't make this a regular purchase or anything, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Lesson Learned: Try new things.

Lesson Learned: Grilled cheese and tomato soup tastes even better than I remembered. I didn't think this needed an intro. ;)

And now...using this link-up as an excuse to post my fall decor!

You saw this picture already, but the pumpkin and fox are fall decor, so I had to include it again. I did a little sign that you can see below.

I love this guy. I put a battery-powered tealight in there. This is one of the first Halloween decorations my mom bought for me!

I feel like our dining table/dining area looks pretty boring usually, because 1) the table/chairs/floor are a similar color, 2) the table is always empty, 3) I still haven't done the gallery wall I'm planning, and 4) the table is too small for the space. Just adding this makes it look and feel SO much better! I'm going to need centerpieces for all seasons.

Excuse how dusty this is... That gold pumpkin is there year round, and so are the skeletons. The candle is kind of only there because I don't know where else to put it, but isn't the little owl witch so cute?! My mom got it for me after Halloween last year, so I haven't been able to put it out until this year.

I have a bunch of these little tiny signs that I don't really know what to do with. I can't really hang them on a wall because they're just so small. So I put this one on the doorknob of our coat closet.

I've shown our mantle before...even with the addition of the twig pumpkin for fall. But I added the little sign that, like the one from above, is too small to hang up on a wall in my opinion. The birdhouse was made by my dad. He used to make tons of them. This one in particular has a metal roof that is the lid from a cookie tin or something. I have three of the birdhouses he made and they're all indoors because I love them so much.

I love this guy! It was between him and one with glasses and a pointy hat (no mustache) holding a spider. I feel kind of bad for him though, because twice now I've run the robot vacuum without moving him and he gets knocked over.

Aren't the little pumpkins that spell 'fall' so cute?! And then there's the little tealight holder with a fake tealight. (And Packers stuff because I have a husband. Also don't look at how dusty the Playstation is...)

Just a BBW candle with a fall sleeve!

Decorative kitchen towels from Ross for the win! I have so many, I'm going to have to switch them out a couple times.

Is this not the cutest?! I love him. The Beagle in the background was our family dog who passed a few years ago. <3

Lastly... This hallway had nothing hanging in it, and my mom bought me this sign this year. I feel like it makes a huge difference. Not sure yet what I'll hang there during other seasons, but I'll figure something out!

This is just a glittery foam hanging sign. I actually just propped it on top of a framed print we have hanging up after I took this. It does look cuter on the dog, though.
Lesson Learned: I don't ever buy home decor, apparently. Embarrassingly enough...every single piece I featured, aside from the BBW candles and candle sleeve, was purchased for me by my mom. They're all from a local boutique we love minus a few things that are from Ross. There are three more things that I didn't get around to photographing, and I bought two of them, so there's that, at least.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

20 comments:

  1. So cute! Seasonal decor makes my heart skip a beat. Oh, and grilled cheese and tomato soup might be my favorite meal of all time. Forever. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I seriously love all of your decorations! That Halloween scaredy cat sign is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to all the fall decor! It drives K NUTS that I vomit Halloween/fall every where in our house but I get alllll the compliments so he can deal ;) I LOVE that pumpkin with the long hat & tea light! And of course the fox on the coffee bar!! Seriously, your house is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even like Halloween and I love all of your decorations! The witch towel is so great!! And the story of the vacuum knocking over the metal pumpkin guy made me laugh out loud (at physical therapy no less!). Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so cute and can I say Amen sista.....you know I LOVE me some pumpkin spice and I too get miffed when people get all negative about it. My BFF doesn't love it but she never bashes it. Your decor is so cute, the little sign on the doorknob...brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly cant believe I havent pulled out my decorations this year. Now, i'm like, what's the point. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!
    I had no idea pumpkin spice gum existed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the decor you got. A lot of my holiday decor comes from my mom too!! And tomato soup and grilled cheese is my favorite. Love the combo and it never gets old!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house is decorated so cutely for fall and Halloween! And don't feel bad about not going out and buying home decor. Our first year that we were married I basically stole a bunch of Christmas stuff from my parents' house so our house could be decorated! We still use some of it 6 years later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a few years since I've put fall stuff out. I should do that.

    I think your stuff looks cute! I love the little sign on the coat closet knob and the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get tired of people pissing all over what other people like. I dont care how basic a PSL is, get over it. If you don't like it don't order it. So you go one with your weird pumpkin spice gum :) I prefer pumpkin spice oreos. I love all your cute little fall/halloween touches everywhere! I decided to not decorate this fall because I am pulling my Christmas stuff out in early November since baby is due December 2nd and I think it wouldn't be worth getting everything out for just a few weeks and it sounds exhausting. But next year, its on!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that wicked witch inn sign!! I hate that people hate on pumpkin, what's there to hate? I don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the centerpiece and the rest of your decorations. Normally I don't like pumpkin spice stuff, but I tried a tea and pumpkin spice coated pretezels. Both were good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pumpkin spice gum.. what?! I might have to try that! Grilled cheese & tomato soup is one of my favorite meals, especially now that it's getting cold again. I love all of your fall decor & how awesome that they are from your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed your Fall home tour! Isn't in fun decorating for the holidays! Pumpkin spice gum sounds gross, and also, I tried pumpkin spice oatmeal and it was not great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the fall tour! I'm an Oct baby, and I collect pumpkins, so it made me extra happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who cares who BOUGHT IT?! At least you have some!! ;) I'm so jealous of your Fall decor!! Everything is so so so adorable. I need more of it in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love soups in fall, and actually just had tomato soup with grilled cheese last week- so good! I love all the personal touches and decorations, especially the fox, dish towel and sign. I confess that I hardly decorate for fall, but what I do put out I got from my mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love love your fall decor! It's so fantastic. I haven't decorated at all. Well, I do have pumpkin cupcakes from BBW out but that is it. That counts, right?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't decorate for the seasons. I'm a loser. My fave is the guy with the feathers around his neck :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. um, those seasonal tea towels are the best. i want the witch one. i don't decorate for seasons, i barely decorate at all, actually. oops. Grilled cheese and tomato soup is ALWAYS a good idea. yum!

    ReplyDelete