Northwest Native: Alllll the notifications.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Alllll the notifications.

You know the drill, it's Weekly Lessons time with Lexi and I!

So Michael and I got married on October 10th last year. Do you want to know when I uploaded wedding pictures to Facebook? Last night. I forgot that when you upload a mass amount of pictures, particularly of something like this, you get buried in notifications. So that was a lesson I re-learned. That's 99+, but the tab was saying 120.

I also learned that this dry shampoo sucks. I have my beloved Batiste on a subscription from Target every four weeks, but I think I need to change it to three so I don't have to keep buying more while I wait for it to arrive. This was the cheapest option at Walgreens, and I don't get it. It's actually wet. You wait for it to dry and then you brush it or rub it in with your fingers. Anyway, I feel like this made my little baby hairs stay down which was nice, but it didn't make my hair look clean. I don't know how to explain it. It basically still looked just as greasy, but this stuff made it less stringy or something? I don't know.

And, as I learn pretty much every single week, I need to make sure to write my posts in advance! This was all written just before ten last night.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

17 comments:

  1. Notifications drive me nuts because I cant stand seeing the little red circle on my phone. I must clear it!!! I see people's phones with that circle above facebook, twitter, text messages and then like over a thousand emails and it makes my head swim.

    Dry shampoo that is wet? Weird!!! I used to advocate for Batiste but I have fallen in love with Living Proof and will never look back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've still yet to try dry shampoo and I think I'm going to need to this winter. Batiste is the one you recommend? I don't even know where to start lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, the extent of this week's lessons cracks me up :) Seriously though with the FB notifications! My sister-in-law just uploaded pics from their wedding and between the tagging and the comments my notification alert BLEW UP. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some of my personal social media accounts connected to the camp social media accounts and notifications are never ending. I don't have notifications turned on on my phone though so that helps a little but occasionally it still feels overwhelming! I've never tried dry shampoo, I only ever see the big bottles of it and I don't want to commit to buying in bulk before I try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know about the dry shampoo.
    I actually just found a bottle I bought under my sink that I dont even remembering buying. I'm testing it out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Notifications drive me bonkers, bonkers I Tells ya! I am still searching for a good dry shampoo! I wish someone would do a post and write all The reviews and the little quirks that go along with them! Happy belated anniversary and I hope you have the most amazing Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I bet that you did get a ton of notifications when you uploaded wedding pictures! I know that I'm always that person that's giving my friends a ton of notifications when they post trip or wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate dry shampoo that leaves your hair looking dirty. What's the point? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i don't have my Batiste on subscription, but i always buy it when it's on sale so i have at least 2 in back up at all times. it's the worst because it doesn't feel anywhere near empty to me and then it stops working and i have to scramble. i have tried not your mother's and i liked that well enough but nothing is as good as Batiste. i uploaded photos to facebook last night from my trip with my mum and her friend and my mum liked every.single.photo. then she and her friend commented on every. single. photo. multiple. times. oy vey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmmmm, hold the freaking front door. You can do subscription through Target? Did you just change my life?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been thinking about getting a dry shampoo for a while, use to use it when I was a teenager because back then I had super oily hair and even after I washed it like 3 hours later it looked oily and dirty again so I used dry shampoo during the day to stop that oily look but haven't used it in years

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will stay away from that dry shampoo. I feel like uploading pictures are like thank you notes? Don't you have at least a year to finish those? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried a Suave dry shampoo and it wasn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa I've never had 99+ notifications in my life, but I can see how that would happen with wedding pics! And yeah, wet "dry" shampoos are confusing. I've tried one before that's foamy (Tresemme maybe?), and it would always blow my mind how it was wet but wouldn't mess up my hair if I had straightened it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried a l'oreal dry shampoo once and it was wet-- not a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep. I use the same dry shampoo as you do. Only one I have liked so far. Happy Anniversary (late)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE the dry shampoo that I use, but I don't even remember the name of it...just where it is on the shelf and the color of the canister. ha!

    ReplyDelete