Northwest Native: What I Learned From Wearing Over-The-Knee Boots For The First Time

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What I Learned From Wearing Over-The-Knee Boots For The First Time

Sorry, guys! Failed again and forgot to schedule my post!

How is that for a mouthful of a title?! It's Weekly Lessons with Lexi and I, and I think my title speaks for itself on my lessons for this week. You may remember the outfit below from Monday's post. That happened to be my first time wearing my OTK boots

Without further ado, here is what I learned...

They might make you walk like an old Western sheriff. Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about. I have big feet (size eleven) and so the shaft is wider. The boots I have also split in the back behind the knee, to keep them from being too tight on the thighs. So because my giant feet are so out of proportion with the rest of my body, if I walk totally normally, the boots will rub together at the top. Since they're suede, I don't want them to get bald spots, you know? So I get to walk with my legs slightly farther apart and feel (and probably look) really weird. Hopefully it's working some different muscle groups? Silver lining?

Everyone talks about how hard it is to pee in a romper or jumpsuit, but they don't tell you over-the-knee boots make peeing weird too. You pull your jeans down and the boots stay right up where they are. Good luck pulling your pants down as far as you normally do.

They look weird when you sit down. Again, this might just be mine because they split in the back and aren't totally fitted to my legs, which means when you sit down they open up wide like a flower in bloom.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

24 comments:

  1. haha - I just imagine all of this - the sheriff walking & the bathroom going. I can imagine.
    The things you never think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This is great. You look adorable in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I see over the knee boots I always wonder how it would work with going to the bathroom - now I know! hahha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I've wondered before about over-the-knee boots and mobility, so this answers all my questions. I think this is a trend I'll pass on. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm things I have never really considered with over the knee boots. I would never find a pair to fit me because my calves are too muscular. I have a hard enough time with regular boots but that high up? Yeah, right! I don't even try! They look cute on you though!! I have a big foot too...usually a 9.5 or 10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg hahahahaha this is fabulous
    BIG FEETED PEOPLE UNITE!! how tall are you if they are out of proportion?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wondered how those kinds of boots work out when you sit down... Good to know :) Size 11 feet... that's impressive! Regardless, you look cute and that's all that matters, right? ;) Hahaha! I kid (about that being all that matters- you really do look great).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even imagine wearing over the knee boots because I think they'd make me look really short! They look super cute on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl at least you look GOOD while rockin 'em! ;) you go girl. I've never tried on OTK boots, and now I'm a little afraid - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha great review! I didn't get on board with this trend because I'm short to begin with so these would probably emphasize that, but good to know some of the drawbacks of these! They look cute on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, this cracked me up! I never thought of the peeing! You look great in them, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You forgot the last thing you learned which is that all of those other things are canceled out because you look foxy AF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! I laughed about the whole trying to pee situation! I never thought about them before! I feel ya with the size 11 problems! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, yes, the peeing I'm totally relating. I got my first pair of OTK last year and I remember pulling my skirt up and well......you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha! I never would have thought that over the knee boots make you walk funny, but all the reasons that you just listed totally make sense! The whole peeing situation is the whole reason why I refuse to buy a romper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all good tips! I never knew even thought that they would stay in place while peeing, haha. Now if only I could find some that actually fit my legs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well they look dang cute!! That's so funny about peeing. Like I pee so much I would probably not be able to handle wearing OTK boots too often. I feel like I'm too short for OTK boots and if I wear them I'll just look shorter butttt I've never tried them so it's just my theory!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOLOL! The imagery of you waking like a sheriff was hilarious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE over the knee boots- they are my favorite. I have a few pairs and I"m obsessed with them. Yours look great!! lol to the sheriff comment.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha now I am picturing a walking cowboy. I totally know that feeling. I have a hard time with over the knee boots too, but they are really really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. HAHAH yes to all of these! "They might make you walk like an old Western sheriff" made me LOL, and all I could think of was Nathan Lane trying to walk in a more masculine fashion in The Birdcage. ("I never knew John Wayne walked like that...") My cheapo OTK boots from a few years ago definitely have bald spots from where they've rubbed at the top. I never noticed the bathroom issue, but the tops of my boots actually fold down (so versatile! lol), so that's probably why! Your boots are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This made me laugh too, definitely things I didn't ever consider or think about. They're soo cute though and definitely worth the struggles, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is an adorable post. But you missed one: YOU LOOK GREAT IN THEM!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  24. So I JUST ordered my first pair of OTK boots today and this post made me laugh. I didn't even think about some of this stuff! Mine will be coming in the next few days; I'll have to report back!

    www.allisonarnone.com

    ReplyDelete