Northwest Native: September Budget [2016]

Friday, September 30, 2016

September Budget [2016]

2016 Budget Remaining
$290.80 - Annual budget remaining
$17.87 - ThredUp
$24.63 - Splender
$19.43 - eBates
$14.40 - Poshmark
$41.96 - Nordstrom credit
$15 - Old Navy Rewards
$497.72 - Maximum budget amount available

That $41.96 in Nordstrom credit is because I returned these booties from July. I went to wear them one morning and noticed they seemed tight across the toes and yet loose on my heel/ankle. So I figured even if they stretched, they'd still be loose...so I decided to return them. I had paid for them on my Nordstrom credit card and paid it off, so it left me with a credit on that card. Part of it covered my Nordstrom Rack tops purchased this month, and $41.96 is what remains. Also, last month I learned that this sweater that had been on backorder in July would not be coming to me, which added about $50 (Anniversary Sale price) back to my budget.

Also, remember that last minute Old Navy order last month? (I was on a shopping ban, but I found a loophole!) I returned not only the headband, but both shirts too. I found the fabric to be clingy, which I didn't like. But I ended up getting the striped version instead (which is now online!), and the fabric is not clingy!
September 2016 Budget
Long & Lean Rib-Knit Tunic - $16.94 - 50% off sale - exchange/gift card = $0

Field Jacket - $44.94 - 40% off - ON rewards/gift card = $0
*Just realized I bought this last month and included it in that post...but it makes the collage even so I'm keeping it. :)

Ruffle Babydoll Tank (sold out) - $14.99 - 25% off - 5% REDcard discount = $10.68
I wish this wasn't sold out...I wanted to buy the two other colors!

Camo Utility Pants - $29.99 - 25% off - 5% REDcard discount$21.37

Chambray Tunic - $27.99 - 25% off - 5% REDcard discount$21.84

Hooded Soft Shell Jacket - $210, on sale for $139.90 - gift from Mom = $0

Jack-o'-Lantern Baseball Tee - $12.99 - 5% REDcard discount = $12.34
Last year there was a tee like this and I think the Jack-o'-Lantern was wearing glasses and I was sad that I missed out on buying it. So this year I jumped on the Halloween tee train early so I can wear these all through October! (Also the face glows in the dark! Way too excited about this...add that to the list of reasons why I'm not an adult.) PSA: Size WAY up in this shirt! I ordered a medium, because I usually wear a small or medium at Target, generally small in women's, medium in junior's (which this shirt is). It was like putting on a doll shirt. I ended up ordering an extra large because 1) they didn't have a large at the store I wanted to pick up the shirt from and 2) I do like my tees with a little room. The XL is pretty perfect. So just FYI.

Winking Jack-o'-Lantern Tank - $12.99 - 5% REDcard discount = $12.34
So, this one actually fit in a medium. The seams on the sleeves are raw (is that what it's called when it's not stitched? idk). I'm not usually a fan of that, but this shirt is just so cute! I'm keeping it, even though it might be an in-the-house-only shirt. :)

Printed Peplum Tee - $22.97 (Nordstrom Rack price) - Nordstrom credit = $0
*not pictured - see it in this post

Lace-Up Back Peplum Top - $38, Nordstrom Rack price $24.97 - Nordstrom credit = $0
*not pictured - see it in this post

Long Aztec Cardigan (similar-ish) - $60, Ross price = $25
*not pictured
This cardigan is thick and cozy and super awesome fall colors. I haven't featured it yet, but you'll definitely see it on the blog some day!

Cutout Detail Wedges (super similar, but expensive) - $39, Ross price $23 - gift from Mom = $0
*not pictured - see them in this post
These are Report brand, in case anyone wanted to search their local Ross for them!

I thought I was doing suuuper well budgeting this month, and then that Ross trip where I bought the cardigan and my purchase of the Halloween shirts pushed the total up a bit. But...October is my birthday month, so I see much less spending of my own money. And then Christmas in December (not to mention I need to save all my money to buy Christmas presents between now and then...) so I think I'm in good shape for the rest of the year!

Total spent: $103.57

In non-clothing-related news, I finally bought a coffee bar (technically a buffet, but I'm using it as a coffee bar) to replace the four-cube shelf thing from Ikea that we've been using. We moved the cube upstairs to put our TV on, to free up Michael's dresser (which will probably just end up piled with clothes that are currently on the floor). This isn't included in my budget, but sometimes I like to include these things in posts anyway. This arrived on Monday and I put it together by myself (mostly). I texted my mom a picture of it and said, "hours of excruciating and sweaty work later..." which is so accurate. Why I decided to put it together on a day with a high in the 80s instead of any other day of the week with a high in the low 70s is beyond me. I'm in love with it. For reference, on the cube, the Keurig had to sit on top of the K-cup drawer, and the two jars were next to it and I had the fox placed in front of the big jar of K-cups. I love that this gives me more surface to decorate, because it was lacking in our living area. The cupboards also allow us to put our coffee and tea in there, which freed up an entire shelf in our pantry! We're going to put mugs on the little shelf in the middle, so that will free up an entire cabinet shelf. Hashtag efficiency.
In case anyone asks, the pumpkin and fox are from Ross. The 'let there be coffee' sign is from Ross or TJ Maxx or Marshall's (I can't remember).

White Beadboard Buffet - $234.99 - 10% off promo = $211.49

I also bought this amazing doormat after seeing Audrey's Instagram of it! I got it for less than $9 with a sale that was going on plus my 5% discount!

2016 Budget Remaining
$187.23 - Annual budget remaining
$17.87 - ThredUp
$24.63 - Splender
$19.43 - eBates
$14.40 - Poshmark
$41.96 - Nordstrom credit
$15 - Old Navy Rewards
$394.15 - Maximum budget amount available

Linking up with Franish's Budgeting Bloggers!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

21 comments:

  1. I love seeing your budget posts because it's inspiring to see how you're getting money BACK from shopping!! Have you mentioned how ebates works/if it's worth it? I probably missed it if you did...But it sounds like a great way to make money back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE when you do this, so real and what so many of us try to keep in check. Got say, Love the coffee sign, Fox and coffee bar, really darling. I will, however, be singing "What does the Fox say?" all day cause he is that cute!!!! LOL!! Happy weekend gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new coffee bar looks really nice, and it sounds like it is a good space-saver. I wish we had room for something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jack-o'-lantern tank is just the thing I don't really need, but want so bad because it's so cute! I love how your coffee bar turned out- the little coffee sign is so cute. We have one that's probably half the depth, which thankfully works because our keurig is mini, but it has open shelves and I sooo wish it had cabinets instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your budgeting posts crack me up. You are so organized and accurate. I really want to do this- and it makes me so happy to see all the numbers line up- but I'm just too spontaneous. Ha.
    I LOVE those pumpkin shirts! I can't believe you needed the XL size, though! I rarely pay attention to size, but you're definitely not an XL kind of girl! Lol!
    HELL YES on snagging the doormat :) Glad to be of assistance!
    We need a normal coffee pot. I've decided I like those more than the Keurig. Plus we have a SUPER old Keurig that just makes the coffee taste bad =/ I'm putting a coffee pot on my b-day wish list. Yay for October birthdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of your coffee bar! It looks so great. My current place is too small to do one but I'm hoping I can do on in my next one. I so need to stop spending, I have been so bad lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the coffee bar! It looks so nice. Love your jack o'lantern shirts-I can't believe you had to size up to an XL! That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that field jacket, so cute! And that buffet is fabulous and such a good deal! You have it decorated so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving the camo pants. And the chambray. And the soft shell. And the field jacket.... Let's just way you hit it out of the park, shall we? Lol

    Loving your coffee set up too! It looks like a little styling feature, while at the same time it frees up space on your kitchen counter. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want those pumpkin shirts! I have an unhealthy obsession with Halloween. What great finds!

    Love that coffee bar! I always love when I find a new piece of furniture that gives me more decorating room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the coffee bar! I want one after we move.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got some great items this month! I love that coffee bar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite item is definitely the buffet. It is the cutest, especially how you have it decorated for Fall. Also, totally impressed that you put that together yourself. I hate assembling furniture

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh girl, that tunic from Old Navy... looks like perfection to me! (In my unending quest to have a closet full of shirts to wear with leggings haha!) Your Halloween shirts are so fun! I was also really excited that the one glows in the dark, so add me to the "not an adult" list! :D And I love your coffee bar! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You already told me about those tunics but I'm glad to see that they have different colors in the striped ones so I think I need to order some. And I have to agree with everyone else- the buffet looks awesome as a coffee bar! Go you for putting it together by yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the coffee bar! I wish I had room for one. It's so cute. Love the update on the budget!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I envy your budetting skills. I've got none of them for real. Everyone says to use "You Need A Budget" but like i don't want to pay to budget. Hell, I don't wanna budget in the first place!
    Your coffee bar is the cutest. I haven't the room for it but if I did I' be taking notes for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking at this just stresses me out since we've been overspending so much lately with visitors in town - ah, dangit~ ha. Good job you!! I love the new coffee bar, how adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have done so well at this point. I love these posts and seeing what you get for your buck. Love the new coffee bar.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh i love the buffet/coffee bar! so cute. congrats on putting it together.
    love the striped shirt, good to hear it isn't clingy. love the halloween tops!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Again, you always amaze me with how professional you are at shopping and saving $!! I LOVE that coffee bar! Props for putting it together, holy cow. I always let Jason put stuff together because GUARANTEED I will try to make something fit in a place that it shouldn't and just mess it up. Plus he can put things together in like 10 minutes.

    You should look into the google chrome extension called "honey" Basically at checkout of any website, it searches the web for coupons so you don't have to! And you get rewards for shopping :) I just got it and it's been awesome to get random coupons at places I wouldn't have have thought to look up coupons for!

    ReplyDelete