Northwest Native: Love/Hate/Personal [9.26.16]

Monday, September 26, 2016

Love/Hate/Personal [9.26.16]

Are you sick of these posts yet? Oh well, they're easy for me and I'm going to keep doing them. It would make more sense to post them on Fridays so I could link up...so maybe some day I'll switch, but not this week.

Love

That Scream Queens is back! I looove this show. I didn't know how the second season would go, but JOHN STAMOS! That's all I should have to say about that, right? My favorite part of the first episode was probably when everyone was giving their definitions of 'ghosting.' If you watched it, you'll understand.

via GIPHY

I also watched This Is Us and that ending threw me for a loop! They totally got me; I never would've expected that!

Found these shoes at Ross this weekend and my momma bought them for me! They're totally knockoffs of these (but the wedge version) but the Ross price was only $23--sooo over $100 cheaper! (Sorry about the awkward picture, I was struggling to get one. Also, they're burgundy, not black!)

Hate

Last week, someone commented that they don't use the term 'hate,' they say 'dislike.' I've mentioned before on the blog that I'm the same way. I just wanted to clarify that love/hate/personal just sounds better than love/dislike/personal in my opinion. Though there are some things I truly do hate that I've mentioned in this category lately...namely rape, rape culture, rapists...and anything else along those lines.

And on that note, I swear I had something to include here, but I can't remember it and it's late, so there you go.

Personal

I chopped my hair off! On the left you have Friday's hair, on the right, Saturday's. My last haircut was December 19th. I told you I stretch out the time between appointments. Below is a selfie from Friday and one from Saturday morning after the haircut for comparison. (I didn't get it colored, it's just the lighting difference.)

I felt that the first day of fall was the perfect day to wear an oversized sweater and over-the-knee boots, right?! (Full disclosure: I tried to wear the boots the day before, but ended up not liking how they looked with the outfit [gray jeans & denim shirt]).
Thursday, September 22nd
Sweater (similar) - Jeans - Boots


Friday, September 23rd
Sweater (Target last year) - Scarf (similar) - Bag (similar) - Boots (old)
This is one of my go-to fall/winter outfits. I love this sweater, and I have it in light gray too. I hope Target brings it back this year so I can buy even more!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

27 comments:

  1. LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!! And the OTK boots and the knockoffs add the fact that you momma bought them for you...so sweet!!! No wonder you're so precious..a sweet momma to raise you right...you're both dolls in my book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same way about This Is Us--it totally got me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair cute is adorable! It looks great!

    This is Us totally caught me off guard, too! I almost cried when the firefighter offered him the cigarette because the light bulb went off in my head and I was like, "NO! No way!" Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for shorter hair, I love it! And ahh Scream Queens is the best, even my husband thinks it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your shorter hair! I need to cave and finally get a professional cut sometime soon. I was so surprised by the This Is Us Ending too, but I didn't find it nearly as emotional as everyone said, which is weird because I'm always emotional about everything, haha. Love those OTK boots and the last sweater, I'll have to check if Target has anything similar this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your haircut looks great! I love how fresh my hair always feels after going to the salon.

    The ending caught me off guard too, but it totally makes sense! I love that they nodded to it when you finally saw a picture of three adult kids together before they showed the hospital again. I sobbed I was so excited by that pull together.

    The same writer also wrote the pilot for Pitch - you should try it! It was even better than This Is Us in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOUR HAIR!!! It looks fantastic!!!!!
    I already am in love with This is Us

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks so pretty!!!! I love those knock offs, so cute and a way better price!!! And your boots are so nice too! Love that last sweater. The ending of This Is Us got me too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks great girl!
    And thanks for the reminder for myself - try using the 'dislike' word more than hate, because hate is such a strong word.

    Happy Monday! Have a great week, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair cut looks so good! I love it! This Is Us also totally got me as well! I totally didn't expect the twist in the end, and I totally can't wait to watch more episodes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I LOVE your hair! I go a long time in between cuts too. I usually only get mine cut about once or twice a year... oops.

    I started Scream Queens last season and loved it but then I fell behind! I need to catch up! I also have This is Us on the DVR and need to watch it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your hair! It looks so great! :) I love all your fall outfits! It FINALLY feels like fall here today, and I am so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair looks great!! Such a great way (plus all the cute outfits!!) to welcome the change of seasons :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah I also like the look of your hair, me I have short hair can't stand having it long and it also gives me headaches when it gets too long and too long isn't that long at all

    ReplyDelete
  15. You totally rock the OTK boots! I love the target sweater, it looks so perfectly cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those sandals are so cute and you can't beat the price! I can't even imagine spending $128 on the originals.. yikes, haha. I also hope that Target brings that sweater back this year since I missed it last year! Your haircut is super cute too! I always love how clean & healthy my hair feels afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your hair!! And those shoes are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't watch This Is Us, but I read spoilers about the ending because I was sick of hearing everyone talk about how shocked they were, haha! (I probably would have just been like "WUT" had I watched it without knowing, so I'm ok with spoiling it for myself.) LOVE your booties!! When I can wear fun shoes again, I want those! *serious heart-eyes* I also love both of your sweaters! It finally got fallish over the weekend, so I'm back to being cold again, which will last until roughly May. So I'm longing for some cozy sweaters! And your hair looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know nothing about Scream Queens, but I know I like me some John Stamos. Thank you for that gif.
    All of your outfits look great, and I'd love to have some burgundy wedges.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the haircut, I love your Thursday outfit. Adorable, lady. :)

    I've never seen Scream Queens & I should because it is right up my alley. As for This is Us, I've heard nothing but great things about it...I may have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dislike doesn't sound the same. I hate when people have a crazy aversion to the word hate. LOL Words only have the power we give them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. STOP I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! Seriously it's gorgeous!! I debate going short again like every other day and you make me want to haha it looks so good!! And those burgundy shoes kill me. I love Ross and all the good deals they have all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your hair. Seriously such an amazing fall style. I love This is Us so far and Scream Queens is pretty good too. Loving those wedges for so much cheaper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the hair cut. that was my thought, and when i went to comment, i saw the two gals before me said I LOVE YOUR HAIR. so i feel a little lame chiming in with basically the EXACT SAME THING, but there it is. that style looks good on you. :]

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the new 'do. I keep hearing great things about This Is Us. I'm hoping to catch up on it on Hulu soon.

    ReplyDelete