Northwest Native: Weekly Lessons Link-Up!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Weekly Lessons Link-Up!

Welcome to the very first Weekly Lessons link-up hosted by Lexi of Lex Be Livin' and myself! Now let's share some things we've learned this week, shall we?

A shocking number of people are extremely naive/gullible.
I was on Facebook one day this week and two of my Facebook friends shared a post by, "South West Air." (The period was part of the name, important to note.) The profile picture was the Southwest Airlines logo, so obviously that means it's legit, right? (*sarcasm*) You can see right in the picture that it's Southwest and not South West and since the official name is Airlines their Facebook page probably wouldn't be Air. And here is why they were sharing the post: It said all you had to do was like the page, share the post, and comment, "Thank you!" to enter to win one of their gift bags with...wait for it... "Five first class round trip tickets to whatever destinations you choose! $5,000 cash! A South West t-shirt!" Thousands of people had shared this and commented on it. Sorry guys, Southwest would never give away 100 of these (that's $500,000 when you include the cash portion alone) and they'd also never have a Facebook page that wasn't spelled right.

One sweat towel is not enough.
I should preface this by saying I sweat a lot. My brothers do too. It's a genetic gift from our biological father. One day I was on the elliptical and I had my sweat towel and after wiping my face a few times there was like no dry space left. Being the smarty that I am, I only have three sweat towels and I let them all get dirty so I had to go without on Friday. My face was basically a waterfall. It was not cute. Usually I get a little crescent of sweat on my shirt from the top of my sport bra up (because my sports bra absorbs the sweat below). This time my sweat went well below the top of my sports bra because it was dripping off my face like crazy. (BRB, buying at least two more sets of these...)

via GIPHY
Some goals are just too lofty.
Yeah, yeah, ten thousand steps every day is a walk in the park for some people. For me, when I get an absolute maximum of three thousand by the time work is over, it's not. I've now failed three times. The first was unintentional, the second was halfway intentional, and Monday was totally intentional. And I'm not even sorry (name that obscure reference from a not-so-obscure show!).

Short and sweet today! But I'm already loving this link-up! Hope you are too!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest


19 comments:

  1. 10,000 steps sounds so do-able and then you try it and it's not. (I work a desk job so I struggle with 5,000 let alone 10...) Totally linking-up with you in the future- it just didn't work out today :)
    I freaking HATE sweating. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I try try try to have at least 3,500 steps in by the time I leave work - & I have to make that a point of getting up & moving. I can leave work some days & barely hit 2,000 ... that's HORRIBLE. I can understand where they say sitting is like the 'new smoking'

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10,000 steps feels next to impossible every single day because of my desk job. I take the dog on walks in the mornings, move around the office, and go to the park after work and I'm lucky to hit 8,000. It's so frustrating! I've been super impressed with your step counts from your accountability posts haha.

    Yay, I'm SO excited for our link-up! Love the first post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There have been quite a few days where I haven't made my 10K step goal too - mostly when I've been in MN or on my way there. It doesn't help that my parents have stolen Krickit the past month and she's been camping with them so I don't even have her to take for walks

    ReplyDelete
  5. People on Facebook are straight up idiots more often than not. Just because the internet says so doesn't mean it is true lol. And I am a sweater too so I totally feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always amazed by how many people share that fake stuff! It's really quite interesting.

    lol about the sweating blues, I feel like I sweat more the more I age which is such a lovely little side effect...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for hosting this new fun link-up! :) When I had a desk job it was SO hard to get many steps during the day. Everyone is all, get up more often, walk to the far water fountain etc etc... and I would do those things and STILL not come close to 10k lol.. hello, I've got to get some actual work done at SOME point!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how gullible people can be, but it's kind of hilarious when they share just how gullible they are on FB. I always chuckle.

    Also- that would be Joey Tribiani on Friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, it so funny how gullible people are, especially because Southwest doesn't even HAVE first class seats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so funny, great link up! I feel your sweat pain, if it drips in my eyes, I get so mad and I'm like, ok, done, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I totally got the same sweaty gene from my dad, and I hate it! I'm always dripping no matter what, and I always feel so disgusting! Too bad for Chris because now he's stuck with me, sweat and all! And insert eye roll here to all of those people that entered the Southwest gift basket thing. If the other stuff didn't tip them off then they should have realized that Southwest doesn't have first class seats so they couldn't be winning something real. Some people lol! Thanks for hosting a fun linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, I feel you on the sweat thing! I can't even get through the warm up sometimes without dripping sweat (and it's not even warm in the room). 10,000 steps IS tough! Especially working in an office (unless you have one of those standing treadmill desks.. hah). I don't know how people do it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I randomly stumbled upon your blog at the perfect time! My planned post goes right along with this link-up! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i failed my 10,000 too. i was doing kinda well - sometimes i had to walk around the house for like an hour haha but then one day i didn't get it and i was like screw it. i'd say i did like 80% for the month? 75%? maybe?
    people are really naive or gullible. there is an error that pops up at my work that says you need to download something and it says microsoft but the whole thing is spelled wrong and so many people at work click on it and then ask me for the work credit card and i'm like guys stop being so stupid, thanks.
    i feel you on the sweat thing. so not cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my gosh... I can't believe the southwest/south west thing! Isn't it weird how things that seem sooo obvious are just not to other people? Love this linkup idea and am going to have to start brainstorming things for a post :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, I consider it a WIN when I can leave the office with 3,000 steps, too! I feel ya! I love this new link up. I'm definitely in next time!!! When is that?

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Facebook thing cracks me up! Believe people anything! I'm considering asking for a FitBit for my bday in a couple weeks (I know, I'm WAY behind!) but I'm slightly concerned at how competitive I will get with it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My friend told me that anything under 10000 is inactive and I about died. I sometimes barely make that, so she must be kidding or I am lazy according to fitbit. I worked out of the office twice this week and we sat at work all day in conference rooms. I had 2500 steps by 5 pm and felt awful. I sweat a lot at the gym too. If I am running, I get drops all over the treadmill because I am a SWEATER!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh you are so right, people on Facebook shock me with how naive they are sometimes, it's crazy! And omg I feel your pain about sweating, I am the sweatiness mess all the time, I hate summer because of it!

    ReplyDelete