Northwest Native: The List: Fall Neutrals

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The List: Fall Neutrals

I haven't done one of these posts in a while, eh? Michael and I went shopping on Sunday, and of course Old Navy and Target were speaking my top two love languages: fall and neutrals. I'm on a shopping ban now, and I know it might be tempting to go absolutely insane on September 1st when I'm allowed to shop again, so I want to use my moment of clarity from being in the midst of a shopping ban to try and make sure I only buy things I love and that will be perfect for fall. I saw all of these items in person and tried on everything but the tunic tees.
neutrals
// I have mentioned about six million and one times that I need more tops. I get to dress casually for work, and I prefer long tops. These look super comfy, cute (still obsessed with side slits over here) and versatile. There's also a white one with black stripes that I couldn't find online that is probably my absolute favorite.
// I've had two chambray shirts in the past. The first I wore to death (and then lost weight so it looked sloppy anyway), the second I liked for a while, then realized it was just too short and boxy for me with my long torso. It was also a lighter wash which I didn't absolutely love. This one is my ideal wash and length, and I like that the pockets don't have button flaps.
// I've been wanting a standard military jacket (I have a vest and a long military jacket with a knit, patterned back). I figured I would want green, but I tried the tan in store and actually really liked it. I always think I'll look washed out in shades like that, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think I want the tan, and then we'll see if I want the green too. I also think the tan is smart because I love olive so much, and I can't wear all my olive tops with a green military jacket.
// The camo skinnies were fun. I really don't like Target's sizing sometimes. The four felt pretty tight, and they didn't have a six in them, but I'm betting they'd be too loose in the waist. I have camo skinnies now that I actually bought and had taken in...but they're too loose again. So these would be a nice replacement, if I can get either size to fit me...
// These gray skinnies have a zipper ankle that I love. I also love the cargo-y look overall. These didn't have a four...so I tried a six. Too loose in the waist. Four will probably be tight, like the camo ones. But we will see. (Also, I noticed online that all the reviewers of these said that Target gave them a free pair in exchange for their review. I've never seen them do this before, but I just have to say, how do I get in on that?! Target, if you're reading this [you're not], sign me up!)

Annnd then I went to Target last night and fell in love with these (in gray) and decided I may need those eventually. Until I remembered I banned myself from buying shoes for the rest of the year. Just gotta figure out who I should ask them for as a birthday present! (Side note: I was at Target checking out these over-the-knee boots. They were too narrow for me, but if you're considering OTK boots but not ready to invest, you might want to check these out!)

Before writing this, I was looking back over my old posts and it was so entertaining. In this post, I swore off any maxi dresses that were neutral. Spoiler alert, I never did buy a colorful maxi. In this post, I talk about all the trendy things I want to buy. You may remember this very recent post where I vowed to stay true to my personal style, even if that means no trends and no colors. I'm glad that I've gotten to this point (but I'd still be down to rock faux leather leggings or burgundy booties if the right ones came along, just saying).

I could totally see myself holding a toasted graham latte in a fall Starbucks cup (I hope they bring those back!) wearing an outfit made up of some of these neutral pieces.

Are you as excited for fall as I am? Anything you have your eye on for fall?

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

17 comments:

  1. I am SO dang excited for fall neutrals. Bring em on! Excellent roundup!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall so much it hurts. I can get away with anything for work as long as it's not jeans (but also jeans, too- I'm wearing them right now). I love causal tunic-y tops that I can wear with skinny pants or leggings and heels. I'm trying to channel Olivia Munn this season. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great things. I cannot wait for fall weather!! Bring on fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love longer tops as well, although they can be a little hard to find sometimes (at least for me.)! I'm kind of tall so they sometimes are a weird length on me. I found a really cute military jacket at Aeropostale last year for like $25. (I know, I think the last time I shopped there was like 2003. I was walking by and saw it in the window.) I am so excited for cooler weather and being able to wear pants and jackets! And I just bought two cardigans at Target yesterday, so I am excited to be able to wear those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is why I love fall so much - I'm all about these toned down neutral colors. Give me all the olives, browns & grays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Target and Old Navy are like a fall fashion wonderland right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I had to choose, I always choose color over neutrals. I do like them though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will take one of each, please. Definitely all about the neutrals come fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did someone say toasted Graham latte? YUM!! I like the tan military jacket too, I bet it looks so cute on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of these! That chambray shirt looks great, and I love the light jackets you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I love all the items on the list! I will have to look up the stripe top in store, it sounds right up my alley.. I love the toasted graham latte, I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like these the neutral look is nice

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm SO not ready for fall but I have definitely been checking out some new boots for when the time comes! I love those over-the-knee ones at Target but haven't been in the store yet to try them on. But.. I have a feeling that they won't fit anyway! Those tunic tops are cute too! I need some more of those since I just jumped on the legging train last winter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sort of excited for fall this year, which is shocking because I've only ever been a spring/summer person!! I was recently at Target and wanted to try on roughly 80 things. Their pants sizing is definitely weird though. (One of my pairs of "belt pants" are Mossimo womp.) I love that Old Navy tunic top, serious heart-eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the fall neutral colors! You cant go wrong with them, they flatter everyone and they are so mix and match!

    ReplyDelete
  16. neutrals speak my language haha. i love long tops as well, those tunics are so cute! i have tried chambray shirts a million times (okay, like 3 or 4 times) and they just don't work on me. boo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Target does have some weird sizing, doesn’t it? I’ve noticed that too with their clothes, and typically stick with their larger shirts and flowing dresses.

    Lexi, Lex Be Livin’

    ReplyDelete