Northwest Native: August Budget [2016]

Monday, August 29, 2016

August Budget [2016]

2016 Budget Remaining
$354.80 - Annual budget remaining
$17.87 - ThredUp
$24.63 - Splender
$19.43 - eBates
$14.40 - Poshmark
$25 - Old Navy Rewards
$23.86 - Old Navy gift card (via eBates)
$23.73 - blogging income (!!!)
$553.62 - Maximum budget amount available

Update since original posting: This sweater I ordered in July was supposed to be backordered until October, but instead, my order was cancelled. :( That adds $49.90 back to my budget.

My budget amount did increase between last month and this month, thanks for noticing! ;) It came time for my eBates payout, and I could choose a $20.75 check, or a gift card up to $23.86 at select stores. I chose Old Navy because I love them and they had the maximum dollar amount available. I debated for a while, but I realized I always add my cash back to my budget, and I'd spend that money at Old Navy eventually whether I got the gift card or not, so it definitely made sense for my purposes. I also had $25 in credit card rewards from ON that I probably had last month but forgot to include. AND I got paid by an affiliate! It took FOREVER though. They never notified me via email that they were sending a check, and I hadn't used the site for a long time, so when I randomly checked, it said they had mailed a check like a month prior, but my Seattle address was still in there... So I contacted them and they were like, "Ugh, we'll do it as a one-time courtesy even though you're below the payment threshold" and I was like...if I'm under the payment threshold why did you send a check in the first place...?

And yes, I had a shopping ban going on. But I did buy something in July that I forgot to include in my budget for July, so there you go.

I also tried to place an order at Old Navy one day because it was 40% off your order, I had my $25 rewards, and the gift card, so it would've been $0 out of pocket...but they don't allow you to use your ON card rewards unless you're actually paying with the card...which is stupid, because it's linked to my account anyway, but oh well.

I bought a Jord watch because I won a giveaway on Danielle's blog for a $75 credit! I'll admit, I was not-so-secretly hoping they would reach out to me like they have to 70% of the bloggers I follow and give me a free one...but I'm glad I didn't have to pay full price. Even though I'm still kind of bitter they didn't give me a free one. #thanksfornothing

I got the Fieldcrest Zebrawood & Maple for 139 (the cheapest, because I'm poor), minus $75 credit = $64
I debated about wearing my watch next to my Fitbit...I considered switching my Fitbit to my right wrist, but I thought it'd feel weird so I just tried putting them together and while it's not as pretty as just wearing the watch...it's not as ridiculous looking as I thought it might be. Right? RIGHT?!

I am going to subtract it from the budget this month, but, trust, I bought it last month. I think I forgot about it because I bought and received it in July (it seriously took like two days--crazy fast and free shipping) but when it came it was detached. I tried fixing it myself...but I couldn't. So I reached out and they immediately said I could send it back to be repaired and sent me a free return shipping label. I had also sent them my wrist measurement the first time, but when it came, if it had been assembled, it would've been too small. I added a link and it was perfect, so I told them that where it was was the perfect size and they left it. It took me a long time to actually send it because I was honestly just too lazy to print the shipping label and tape it to the box and drive to the post office, so I think I got it back in late July or early August (again, it took them like no time at all to fix it and ship it back). [Note: Jord, see what you're missing out on?! I sang your praises so hard!]

So...Old Navy was having another 40% off promo, and it was also a day where you earned Super Cash... I may have cheated the system a little, but it's my shopping ban and I'll bend the rules if I want to. I bought three items from this post. As I mentioned above, Old Navy did not want to let me use my ON rewards unless I was actually using my Old Navy credit card. I got my three items in my cart and they were just a few dollars under the amount of my rewards + gift card...so I added a cheap headband to push it over by $2.60. But here's the thing...I fully intend to return the headband. 40% off can be hard to come by there, and I saw that the green military jacket had sold out in my size already, so it wouldn't be a surprise if the tan did. I also earned $30 of Super Cash to spend next month and got 6% cash back with eBates. #sorrynotsorry

Relaxed Long & Lean Tunic Tee (salamander & black) - $16.94 each - 40% off - ON rewards/gift card = $0

Field Jacket (golden compass) - $44.94 - 40% off - ON rewards/gift card = $0

2016 Budget Remaining
$290.80 - Annual budget remaining
$17.87 - ThredUp
$24.63 - Splender
$19.43 - eBates
$14.40 - Poshmark
$0 - Old Navy Rewards
$0 - Old Navy gift card (via eBates)
$440.76 - Maximum budget amount available

As usual, I'm linking up with Franish's Budgeting Bloggers!

REMINDER: The first installment of Lexi and I's linkup 'Weekly Lessons' will go live on Wednesday! It will be open until 11:59 next Tuesday (because after that it'll be time for the next one to open up!).

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

21 comments:

  1. Bha ha ha sorry not so sorry, Old Navy take that! Can't wait to see you wearing your new finds girl! I love how you detail your budget for us, it kind of helps to see it in print for sure! I hope you have the best start to your week beautiful, may it be full of kindness and smooth days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you love Old Navy as much as I do.
    When I get those emails that its a 40% off, I'm always buying another pair of running shorts or leggings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Jord is reading this I would be more than happy to receive a free watch, too.... hahaha :)
    Also, salamander is a weird word. (And I've just discovered that it's fun to type. Salamander.)
    I love that you cheated the system. A savvy shopper's gotta do what a savvy shopper's gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to amaze me with how well you shop!! haha like you're a professional shopper and always get good deals/ earn money in smart ways to build the budget! I still need to look into ebates and poshmark!! That's so funny about Jord, you picked a cute one and that's awesome you get $75 off! Just watch, in a few days they'll be reaching out to you to give you another watch, fingers crossed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when stores are sneaky or tricky about letting you use rewards/sales/promos. I'm glad you figured out a way around it eventually and I totally don't blame you for returning the headband, haha. Yay for getting paid for your blog, even if it was a little bit of a hassle with the check.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO organized! Go you! I should track this stuff better. Old Navy has ridiculous sales sometimes - I say bend the rules at will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL @ the payment threshold quandary. I'd be shaking my head at them as well, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your watch! I reached out to JORD in June I think and got shot down even though others I talk to we're getting offers. They fed me some BS line and I thought to myself BYE FELICIA. I'm not going to beg for your product when you're throwing them around to others right, left and centre. They're nice but I'm not paying that much, sorry not sorry. #cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your JORD watch! So pretty. I would have totally bent the rules for that Old Navy sale too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your JORD watch is so beautiful! I've seen so many bloggers with them as well, and I've debated about getting one as well. I think that it looks great next to your Fitbit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, you always seem to hit all the Old Navy sales! 40% off is a pretty good deal too so it's all good that you cheated the system a little... haha. Have you received the tunics yet? (I'm thinking about getting some especially since they are $8 but wanted to know what you thought of them). And yay for the affiliate payment! But yes, interesting that they were sending you a check in the first place when it was below their payment threshold? I've seen the posts about Jord watches but never actually looked at their watches. I love it! I think it looks good with the Fitbit too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Old Navy is seriously the best! Totally worth bending your rules. :) That watch is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am wondering why JORD hasn't contacted me either, since apparently they've reached out to every single lifestyle blogger out there! hahaha. Also, a new link-up!!! YAYY!! (However with my super ambitious 2-3 posts per week I'll probably have to join in monthly haha. Lame. I know.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous watch. I actually never heard of Jord

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the watch! I'm just discovering ThredUp. Not sure I can make any money off my clothes since I usually buy them cheap to being with, but I'm loving shopping the site!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't been to Old Navy in like forever. They usually have the best sales. Totally worth it to bend the rules. Rules are meant to be broken, right? Love your watch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you make such detailed budgets! I'm super into budgeting but I need to get more detailed like this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you cheating the system makes total sense and i think it totally works and is fine and all that jazz. 40% really is hard to come by at ON!
    love the watch you got! sorry they didn't send you a free one, but if it helps, i trust your paid for review more than a free review? lol. and it doesn't look weird next to your fitbit. i wear my fitbit and my garmin watch when i run, and i'm sure i look like an idiot haha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for buying a Jord watch. I wear mine with my garmin too. No shame. I had to add a link to my Jord watch too. I measured it wrong I guess. I love mine though. Love your budget posts and it prompted me to redeem my ebates as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the watch + Fitbit combo! I'm impressed to hear that Jord is so attentive to wrist size because that is a problem with my tiny baby wrists--and also something that I don't think I've seen mentioned on the million blog posts about Jord watches haha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so impressive how organized you are! I wish I was like this with my budget... Definitely going to start taking notes from you because this is just wow.

    Those 40% discounts at Old Navy will getcha every time, and I'm loving that watch!

    Lexi, Lex Be Livin’

    ReplyDelete