Northwest Native: Getting real [plus some favorites]

Friday, July 15, 2016

Getting real [plus some favorites]

I'm having trouble coming up with post ideas lately, and also with finding time to blog (and read blogs, AND reply to comments). I'm having a lot of anxiety over various things and I feel like blogging is making it worse. Like, I think, "Okay, I have to write a post!" and then I get an anxiety-fueled pit in my stomach. It's the same when I think about thank you notes that haven't been written.

I still have one more part of our story to write, and I feel like that's not helping with my desire to blog. I'm really tired of writing those posts, and based on page views, most people aren't big fans of reading them either.

When I get home from work or the gym at night, I don't like to open my laptop. I feel like I have a better night when I just don't touch it. But work is crazy busy lately, so it's not like I can just blog at work.

So here are a few random ramblings before I maybe go on a hiatus. Maybe the mood to blog will strike me suddenly, but I don't know.

By now, if you watch The Bachelorette, you should know that Wells went home. Wells was one of my favorites, and I just stumbled upon his Instagram and followed him immediately because he's hilarious. See exhibits A and B.
A photo posted by Wells Adams (@wellsadams) on
THE CAPTION. So good.
A photo posted by Wells Adams (@wellsadams) on
Clearly, I'm a fan of self-deprecating humor. (I mean, Chandler is my favorite Friends character...)

Secondly, Target has pineapple sheets. And because Target hates me, they don't come in king size. But last time this happened, I just bought the comforter for our guest room, sooo I'm thinking I'll do the same with the sheets (possibly in both colors).

Lastly...the Nordstrom sale. I know, I know...everyone and their mother is posting about it. Which is why I don't want to write a post devoted to it. Personally, I like to read Sheaffer's posts about the sale every year and a few others here and there, but I know a lot of people think they're super annoying. These are the things I have my eye on. I'll probably narrow it down a little more, order the stuff, and then once I actually try it on, narrow it down even more. I definitely can't afford to buy and keep seven items...especially when two of them are pairs of shoes aka expensive. [I've actually found some other things I like and am already considering kicking out a few of the things below...so we'll see what happens!]
nsale
sleeveless turtleneck - cardigan - sweater - shirtdress - wedge bootie - over-the-knee boot - bra (not pictured)

Hopefully I'll be back to blogging again sooner than later. Maybe over the weekend I'll decide not to take a hiatus, but who knows. Thank you for understanding!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

22 comments:

  1. Totally get it girl...like 110%!! Ya know what, we all love ya, and we'll be right here when ya come back. Do what you need to do for YOU!! You only get one life so live it for what makes your heart soar and be content!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont you stress over your blog - just go with it - post whenever/whatever. If you stress about it, you'll soon learn to dread it. Dont want that.
    I LOVVVEEEEE Wells. I think in life, he'd be a great fit. But he was just surrounded by all this hunks with huge personalities... &abs. Lots of abs.
    All the Nordstrom talk - gotta confess - driving me nuts. its EVERYWHERE. I dont get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those wedge booties and actually got them on amazon last year- I can't remember how much I paid, but definitely check there & they might be cheaper! I really don't need anything but want the vince camuto OTK boots- though I like the Steve Madden ones you posted too. I don't watch the Bachelorette so I don't really know who that guy is but I totally laughed at the captions. I think I'm going to take a blog break until August because I've been feeling kind of blah about it too & like you said, not wanting to be on my computer so often trying to keep up with things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes get the feeling like I don't want to blog either, and I just don't write. Sometimes it can be nice to just get away from it for a while and not have to deal with it, especially when you're busy with other things. All of your picks for the Nordstrom sale are so cute! I have my eyes on a few booties, and I love that sleeveless turtleneck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally understand if you decide to take a break from blogging! Though I do have to say, I've enjoyed reading your relationship story posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel ya on the blogging thing. Love it but it gets hard (and stressful) trying to keep up with it and everything else!! I really like your love story posts if that counts!! :) And Wells was one of my favorites, too! He was so cute on his date with her, like how nervous he was to kiss her. Still don't know how Alex stayed so long haha bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. blog ruts suck! I know how sometimes you sit and look at your screen like - what the HECK do I even have to write about today, lol.I don't watch the bachelorette! For some reason, the show isn't as interesting when it's a bunch of dudes vying for one girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to stop giving me ideas of things to buy at target or my husband is going to take away my blogging privileges hahaha but seriously, you need those pineapple sheets for your guest bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same way about blogging these days. Sometimes I'm excited to do it, but more often, I feel super unmotivated and then guilty about not doing more. Bleh. Maybe you need a break to recharge your blogging batteries! (Maybe I should take that advice too! haha) And Wells' IG is so good. I didn't even see the scooter picture, that caption is hilarious!! Now that all the normal dudes on the Bachelorette are gone, I'm like, who cares! (Although who am I kidding, I'll probably still watch!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAIT. You wrote your story? WHERE THE F HAVE I BEEN??????? Clearly not blogging either!!! For real, everything you just described is how I feel about it lately too. I'm telling myself I have to once a week, but all the other days I stress over it. And I know I need to work on it, but that feels like a chore. Maybe a break would help? For both of us lol. But gosh, I'm so sorry I've been MIA around here. I have been waiting for this story, so going to find it right now!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If blogging is causing anxiety & stress (instead of a stress relief), then take your time away from it. Or dabble your feet in the water. Whatever you need. Take care of yourself, most importantly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, I feel you about blogging. And it makes me kind of sad to see all the other comments & everyone else feeling the same way. Like blogging used to seem like so much fun but it seems like life is just getting too busy these days. I don't even want to open my laptop some nights either, especially getting home late. But then I don't have any other journal or blog so I *try* to keep it up so that I have something to look back on someday. Good to know that Target doesn't sell any fun king size sheets since that is what we have! Guess we will just stick with the plain colored ones, hah. I haven't really looked at the sale too much only because it makes me wish we had a Nordstrom here. I love those booties though! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take you time and figure out what's enjoyable to you. I definitely don't blame you for wanting/needing a hiatus. The creative writing bug is a fickle little bitch and sometimes he just doesn't show up. No shame in that!
    Wells looks hilarious. Ha! I looked up Derek's Twitter page after he was eliminated and, assuming I found the right one, he had Harry Potter in his cover photo. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU ELIMINATE A DUDE WITH HP IN HIS COVER PHOTO??! Major fail, Jo. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also had a bit of blogging writer's block recently, and getting back into writing for the blog is very slow going. I generally just take a break then, and get back on the horse eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i know what you mean about opening your laptop at home. i am on a computer all day, and sometimes i have time to blog/read blogs (like right now! lol) and other times i get so busy at work that i am days or weeks late (like... now lol) but i still don't want to do much at home. i like relaxing and that's okay. i also feel like as soon as blogging feels like a chore, you need to take a step back. unless you are doing this for your job, there is no reason you 'have' to do anything. do whatever the flipping hell you want to do!
    that being said, i really do like your story of how you met posts. so at least you know i'm reading them ;)
    also! i do find nordstrom sale posts semi annoying. 1) if the person has different style than me, it's boring. 2) if the person has the same style or taste as me and makes me spend money! so THANKS mattie, now i want that sweater and cardigan WHHHHYYYYY.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it has to do with the season/summer, too. Blog land gets quieter because no one (myself included) really wants to go home and open up the laptop. The few posts I have gotten up were done at work because work has been ridiculously slow lately. But especially if work has been busy for you, it totally makes sense that you'd just want to relax at home. I'll miss your posts but hope the break helps! Oh, also I was reading and enjoying your love story too, but if writing it is stressing you out, skip it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl dont let blogging stress you out! I feel like a lot of people sort of drop off in the summer or at least cut down and it happens to all of us. Just come back when you feel like it :) I have been having a hard time being good around the Norstrom sale. Just so many good things!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fort of all PINEAPPLE SHEETS?! If only Caleb would let that fly ;)

    Second - don't let the blog world give you anxiety like that girl! I know it's hard, though. I used to let that happen a lot and it felt like I couldn't come up with material and I felt boring and tired. That's when I stopped looking at my "stats". I genuinely can't tell you how many page views I ever get or anything like that, ha! Once I put less pressure on myself, it came easier and became fun again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. And by "fort" up there? Totally meant first!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm with you, sometimes the last thing I want to do when I get home is open my laptop. I think tomorrow I might need to get myself to Target to pick up those pineapple sheets!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That plaid dress was one of my favorites, too. I would suggest sizing down, because it runs a tad big!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want some pineapple sheets, but I don't think my husband would go for them. I need some new boots badly. I just have to wait for the Nordstrom sale to come available to everyone.

    ReplyDelete