Northwest Native: Friday Favorites: S'mores & The Silent Treatment

Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday Favorites: S'mores & The Silent Treatment

I did it. I took my best blogger-y photo of all time.
I hadn't actually planned on the Tully photobomb. She got in the frame on the right side and actually made the picture worse, but I decided to see if I could get her to look at me so I called her name seventy times in a row like a crazy person and I actually snapped the picture before she managed to move and be blurry. Seriously guys, so proud.

Take THAT Bloglovin' unfollower! You left before you could see my masterpiece! (Yep, it happened to me again.)
I did unfollow a couple blogs that I followed because of giveaways and sort of tried out, but I was always marking their posts as read and not actually reading them. So I'm telling myself they just somehow knew/were following me too and they retaliated. (That's definitely not what happened, but humor me, okay?) Honestly, I'm expecting another negative week this week because of my Chick-fil-a declaration.

And here are my other pictures from our Third of July celebration (because our Fourth was spent watching two episodes of OITNB, one of The Walking Dead, and like six of An Idiot Abroad and only leaving the house to take my friend Emily to the train station [me] and play basketball [Michael]).
First s'more of the summer! We got the giant marshmallows that were in the display at the store...and they are insanely huge. Too huge. I really want to try the flat marshmallows they make now that are made for s'mores.

I was listening to an old Spotify playlist this week and I came across What Would You Do performed by Bastille (this is a cover of City High's song) and if you like Bastille or What Would You Do (or both!) you should listen to it. I have always loved the song, it's so emotional, and Bastille's version is haunting.

If you want to know my life, read this list. So. damn. accurate. The other day I asked a sales rep a question and he counted how many words I said (he had to pause for like twenty seconds to count four words because #smart) and he goes, "You've said four words to me in all of 2016!" and when I left that night, he said bye and I said (to the office), "Tell ____ I'm never talking to him again!" and I gave him the silent treatment for two full days after that.

via GIPHY

Remember when I said I wanted this bedding? I finally ordered it, but right before I did, I found this set and fell totally in love with it...but it doesn't come in king size. I know it's super girly and part of the reason I like the one we bought is because it's pretty but not too girly...but I would've bought this set in a heartbeat. (Michael doesn't care what our bedding looks like at all, he just cares that we have a bed.) I feel like it's Rifle Paper Co-esque! Kind of tempted to just buy it for our guest room...because there are a couple of holes in the duvet in there (thanks, Tully).

Linking up with AndreaErika, & Narci for Friday Favorites!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

22 comments:

  1. Congrats on the super blogging photo! ;-) I have the same thought process when I get an unfollow like that. And then I wonder why I keep so many people in my own feed ha oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that comforter reminds me of Rifle Paper Co, too! So pretty. I do love the blue one too, though!! That first blogger-y photo is so perfect!! Gotta take those perfect dog photos while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a GREAT picture! Honestly, anything with a dog is a great picture to me :) Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep - they missed out on your photo :) Their loss.
    What is that that shows you're numbers on Bloglovin'?
    I honestly am craving smores lately so that picture just reinforced my craving. I think I need to stop on the way home from work for some Hershey bars & all the goods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I am so buying that comforter from target! I only have a queen so t should fit my bed, I'm not sure how Brian will feel about it so I'll surprise him haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. That s'more look so delicious, even with the massive marshmallow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture thooooo!!! and the photobomb is perfect to be honest haha everyone loves a cute dog! And seriously smores. so good. I make them in the microwave because I want them so much and I don't want to build a fire everyday so... haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really is such a great bloggery picture and I love the Tully photobomb! You're lucky that Michael doesn't really care about bedding. Chris makes a big stink about it, so I buy girly stuff for our guest rooms. Which is why I say buy that other set! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What Would You Do! Oh boy, that takes me back! What a great song! And that Buzzfeed article is pretty much my life. UGH "participate more in class" was always written on my report cards in grade school, and then I did start participating more, and raising my hand was usually accompanied me having a heart attack. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was unfollowed by someone this past week too and I was like Ugh how rude!!! Haha. The rejection hurts. I really need that smore. Like ASAP! It looks so good! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you win all the blogging photo awards.
    omg that target pretty bedding is so pretty! that would be perfect in our guest room... that does not have a king bed :D it is very rifle papery esque.
    An Idiot Abroad is the best!! KC and i watch it all the time. i love ricky gervais.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Buzzfeed list is SO me! I've started realizing that I'll stop talking halfway through a sentence because I realize no one is listening to me. And then people say I never talk. BECASUE NO ONE LISTENS TO ME! -sigh- The struggle is real.
    That bedding is really pretty! I finally just bought a duvet from Ikea because I get tired of comforters after a while. They're so expensive and I feel guilty if I get tired of it after a couple of years.
    That s'more looks so good! I need to make some again...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that blogger photo.I still haven't mastered it at all. Seriously at all. I try to take photos from above and looks so stupid. I see my unfollowers too and I am like good, I didn't want you seeing my blog either. Ha. I love both beddings, but that one is girly. Too bad it didn't come in King. I hate that. S'mores with giant marshmallows are the only way to go. I haven't made any this year and I need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it great when we and by we I mean you and everyone else get the perfect blog photo because let's be honest here I such at taking photos well that is what I am told a lot by many people

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pic of Tully!
    I too am quiet and peiple have often thought I'm a snob or snot, when that isn't the case at all. I don't randomly spew shit from my mouth just to be heard. If I have something to say, it's usually well thought out, I'm not all "soooo what's up? What is going on? Like omg". No I'm quiet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. team quiet ppl!! I would rather listen and observe. or if i talk, i'm ignored anyway, so...
    love the bedding. very cute and urban outfitter-esque.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll have what what you do stuck in my head all day now- such a good cover! Loooove that floral bedspread- I vote yet for your guest bed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG that gif at the end, lol!!!! And that bedding is so cute. Totally does look Rifle Paper esque .. in fact, I think my phone cover is very similar to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lol to the blog pic - yay! how satisfying. Totally your unfollowers loss, lol. Love the bedding! Really cute. And it's been a hot minute since I had a s'more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hooray for the best bloggy picture there ever was! :) And for giant smores!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heehee. I love your blogger picture. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I FINALLY caught up on The Bachelorette and YES YES YES to Wells' instagram! That is all too funny!!!! Us 3 would be great friends ;)

    ReplyDelete