Northwest Native: Finding happiness in the little things.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Finding happiness in the little things.

Remember how I mentioned I was having anxiety (I can't believe that was only five days ago!)? Most of you seemed to think it was all because of blogging. It's not, it's mostly because of other things happening in my life (and that hasn't really improved since then...in fact, it's gotten worse). Blogging was just another thing I had to focus on, and taking a break is nice. But, out of nowhere, I was struck to write a post on this topic, maybe so I can hold onto it in my everyday life while I'm going through this time.

Poking around on the library website, nothing immediately available was grabbing my attention. I had one book on hold, with one person ahead of me. I added three more books to my hold list and ended up next in line for one, one person ahead of me on one, two ahead of me on one, and three ahead of me on one. They're all books that I really want to read, and now hopefully won't all become available at once! This has never happened to me before.

Being close to my mom. I mean this in distance, though I'm very happy that I have a close relationship with my mom (but I pretty much always have). Moving from Seattle to Portland when we did was probably the best decision we could've made, even though I had no idea what was coming at that time.

The 2000s satellite radio station. Specifically, the fact that they play He Loves U Not by Dream all the time.

Funny tweets. Stephanie always kills it with her Bachelorette tweets, and her rant about Robby's dumb shirt on Monday was my favorite. (When I first embedded the tweets, they were embedded correctly...and now they're showing up as just text for me. I removed them and reembedded them...but they are still wrong. Sorry!)


Retail therapy. I know, this makes me sound shallow, but being able to be excited about new clothes (or a new anything that you're buying, really) is nice.

I'm linking up with Rebecca for Thankful Thursday!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

19 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I totally loved that song! I haven't thought about it in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other people's tweets are my favorite part about the bachelorette :) Haha! And this week I had three books come available for me. UGH. Lol.

    I hope your anxious situation goes away soon! I know that totally sucks when you feel anxious for days and days on end. Let me know if I can do anything for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally enjoy retail therapy too, even if it's a new toothbrush or pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is the little things that make life so much better when we're stressing out! I totally love retail therapy too, and I don't know what I would do if my mom didn't live close to me! It just makes life better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retail therapy and 90's early 2000 music is my favorite things!!! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny people during The Bachlorette - always medicine for the soul ;) haha
    I'm all for retail therapy. It helps me too - especially when I buy yarn #Truth

    Thanks for linking up with me today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I worry about too many books becoming available on the library app too. I can read fast, but I want to enjoy my book and not rush through it. I love those tweets. So very true of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The library: That's exactly what happened to me. Several of them became available at once, and now I'm trying to read like a madwoman because if I don't get through with them, I'll have to wait to go back through the hold cycle! I need to write books that I want to read down and not request them all at once!
    I know exactly what you mean about moving closer to your mom: after living away for 20 years, I moved up the street from my parents, and, after 10 years, my mom unexpectedly passed away. I'm so grateful for those 10 years I had with her.
    There are so many comments to make about the Bachelorette!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finding the little things to be happy about are what life’s about! I agree that in the anxiety, stressed times it can feel a little overwhelming. Making these sorts of lists is what get us through these hard times. Oh and P.S. props to you for going to the library!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How have I NOT been listening to that XM station?? Sounds like a great throwback station!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I need to check tweets about the Bachelorette while it airs. Those are great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I loved that song! haha Retail therapy is a great thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I not notice Robby's stupid shirt?! IT'S LIKE I WASN'T EVEN WATCHING THE SHOW! haha And Dream, dang, there's a great throwback jam! Ugh anxiety is the worst, and I hope it lets up for you soon. Journaling has been helping me to feel a little bit less anxious lately... something about dumping out all of my worries into a safe, private space has been calming, like I can take a deep breath afterward and get back to my life, instead of spiraling further. But my anxiety has been crazy recently too, so what do I know? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl robby's shirt should have been its own contestant that got sent home. it was the worst.

      Delete
  14. just now catching up on blogs. newest > oldest so you'll get another comment soon on the original post. but looking for the little things. so key. let's get coffee. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man, I was just listening to some early 2000s music the other day! That one has always been one of my favorites. There is something about retail therapy that makes things seem a little bit better. I'm super late to commenting on your post so I hope that things have started to turn around for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're so lucky-- it's like Christmas if there's a book from the library that doesn't have a hold list a mile long...and then they usually do all become available at once! What ones did you request??

    ReplyDelete