Northwest Native: Photo Dump/Faves

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Photo Dump/Faves

My happy, fluffy blog posting has fallen to the wayside lately, so I'm going to keep it light today.

First and foremost: I was driving to work yesterday and Hell No by Ingrid Michaelson came on and I loved it. I often have to hear a song a couple times to really dig it, but this one was so catchy immediately, and it's female-empowering which I'm all about.

We went to Beaverton Bakery with Michael's dad when he was here, and they do not disappoint. The last time I went (which was also the first!) was right around the time I started blogging! I blogged pictures of their super cute sugar cookies then, and I couldn't not do it this time too.
I obviously love the anchors, but I also love the sailboats, bicycles, watermelons, dinosaurs, Oregons(!), cool suns, and the colorful flowers on the top shelf!

We also made breakfast that weekend, and I was in charge of the pancakes. I always use a mix (gluten free now, because of Michael). But don't you still feel like you're skilled when you can make something like cake or pancakes from a mix? I added chocolate chips and blueberries, and Michael's dad loved them. Apparently they're one of his favorite foods, so I felt like that was impressive. But Michael was only surprised he liked them despite the fact that they were gluten free. I mentioned how my dad is the one who taught me to make pancakes, so it'll always be special to me. Michael's dad goes, "From scratch?" and I said no...and then they didn't say anything so obviously that meant that you don't have to be taught to do that? I don't know. Anyway, I was proud of myself and will always think of my dad when I make pancakes.

Not a good picture because #awkwardhand, but we have a new favorite (chain) coffee place. Black Rock Coffee Bar is a drive-through/walk-up chain of coffee shops like Dutch Bros, which I blogged about before. I loved Dutch Bros the first time I had it, but the times after that were pretty underwhelming. At Black Rock I love the iced caramel blondie (aka white mocha with caramel). I had one Saturday and Sunday. No shame. Now we just need to find our new favorite standalone coffee shop...but I kind of doubt anywhere can take the place of Driftwood.

My first 'fancy key.' I got it at Home Depot and I'm in love. Audrey, this one's for you. Also I know it's super lame that my purse is the background. I actually Snapchatted a picture where I'm holding it and my dog is in the background, but...never took a new picture for blogging purposes.

In case anyone was wondering why I 'favor' Tully in the picture department... When I take a picture of Flora indoors, she just comes out as a big black blob. And then, because she's nervous, when we're outside she's constantly moving around because she hears noises, so you can't get a picture of her looking at you. At least not one that isn't blurry. (Anchor doormat here, in case you care.)

We grilled pineapple and watermelon on Sunday! The pineapple was awesome, the watermelon, not so much. (But that was because of the watermelon itself--it was basically flavorless.)

Look at these perfect flowers from our backyard! They just bloomed this weekend. There are three of these plants in the backyard and I love them, but whoever planted all the stuff back there just doesn't make sense to me. They put a bush in each corner (both of which we have gotten rid of now), a few other random bushes in the middle of the yard, and these flowers right in the middle of the yard. I would prefer these to be closer to the fence, so there's more open space in the yard. But I don't have a green thumb, so I'll have to wait for my mom to come help us out again and teach me how to uproot and replant them!

Here's Michael posing with the 'trunk' of one of the random bushes (that was basically a tree) that he had just cut down with a little hand saw. It was like 85 degrees at the time, and reached around 100.

So you've already sort of seen the purse above. My purse came last week (I had it delivered to the office) and I changed purses right at my desk. It was necessary given that the blue matched the blue in my favorite shirt (similar) perfectly!

While we were checking out at the grocery store, this book caught my eye (the cover and the title, how could it not?!). I read the synopsis, then took the picture so I'd remember it later. If we're friends on Goodreads, you may have seen me add this to my TBR list. I just feel like it's a shocking development that I found a book I wanted to read and it wasn't from blogging. Shocking enough to blog about it. (But...I had heard about A Man Called Ove, which you can see was written by the same author, through blogging. And two bloggy friends already had it on their TBR.)

Lastly, I'm kind of obsessed with these shoes in the putty color. I don't have any wedges with open backs, so I am intrigued.

Linking up with Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

22 comments:

  1. That purse is super cute! And yes to all the coffee lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photo dump of life lately for you. i've never tried grilled watermelon before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT KEYYYYYY!!!! I seriously need that. Oh my gosh, who knew you could love a key so much?? Haha!

    I'm a huge fan of that song (it's the first time I've heard it) and I love all your photos today! Those cookies are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grilled pineapple? I've never thought to do that... I'll have to give it a go.
    I love fun keys - they make the best ones lately. I'm always looking for a Belle one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your new bag-- the color is so pretty! And your new key is so fun, I've never seen keys like that and now I kind of want one, haha. I think making pancakes in general is a huge accomplishment, as I can't make them at all. I tried the other week and no matter how many adjustments I made I couldn't get them cooked properly and had to throw them all out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fox key - hooray!!!! Those cookies also look sooo delicious! I hope you have a great week.

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um yes yes yes- love the new fox key and purse, and already planning on picking up that nautical mat! Hadn't heard the song before, but it's definitely a new favorite! I tried to get in to A Man Called Ove but it started out SO SLOW and I think my timing was off, but this one sounds much more fun. Adding it to my (ever-growing, never-slowing) list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of grilled pineapple, but never would have thought that watermelon would be (potentially) good on the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous of your fox key, I need that! I love your new purse too! And oooo I forgot about how good grilled pineapple is, I need to do that ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I LOVE that key, it is so cute! And your Kate Spade Purse is super cute too, love the bright blue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color of your purse. And those cookies look so yummy! Although for some reason I always find sugar cookies like that underwhelming...they always look better than they taste!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new fox key is so cute! I also have some of the same problems with Dart in the picture taking department! He never wants to look at the camera or sit still! He's always a blurred mess!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your purse is so cute! And I love that you have a sweet little fox key!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ps. I just read your "Heartbroken" post and I resonated so strongly with your line, "But I can't say that I was shocked, and that makes this even more heartbreaking."

    Ugh. That's how I've felt ever since hearing about it. It's tragic and heartbreaking, but like you - I don't find myself shocked. It seems like this is how things are now. And like you said, that's just even more heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for fluffy posts! (Can you tell I'm on a news overload? lol) Those cookies are SO cute! I would definitely need to take like 80 pictures of one before I could eat it haha. #bloggerproblems Love your new bag too--such a great shade of blue! My dad just planted flowers in our yard, literally breaking every tool along the way, so I am very familiar with yardwork stress! You guys inherited some very pretty flowers, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  16. which gf pancake mix did you use? i use the bisquick one and kc doesn't even know they are gf mwahaha (evil laugh in case you didn't get that).
    i recently read a book that i stumbled on without blogging and isn't it the best? that one is on my list though, probably from blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhhhh give me those cookies!!!! And that grilled pineapple! I love grilled pineapple. Your purse is so cute, I love that pop of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love your purse. Such a pretty color! & those cookies look perfectly adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to try your pancakes anyday, made from a box or from scratch, the meaning and memory is there. :)
    Michael looks like HULK in that photo.

    Off to bed chuckie, 510 am comes early *rolls eyes* Xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. K wait can we talk about how she only used snapchat filters for her video for a second? I opened the window to just listen and then I was like "I can't stop watching!!!" haha and you have the purse!! IT IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmmmm, I LOVE grilled pineapple, haven't tried watermelon. I've heard it's usually pretty tasty! And that purse, love the color! I keep thinking my wardrobe could use a pop of color (I usually wear black, grays, and navy) and a purse might be a good way to do that! That, or a new pair of shoes never hurt anyone, either :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that purse!!! So glad you got it. I have never grilled watermelon. Might need to try it. I love grilled pineapple though.

    ReplyDelete