Northwest Native: June Budget [2016]

Friday, June 24, 2016

June Budget [2016]

$760.17 - Annual budget remaining
$100 - JCPenney gift card
$45 - Old Navy credit card rewards
$17.87 - ThredUp
$24.63 - Splender
$19.43 - eBates
$14.40 - Poshmark
$981.15 - Maximum budget amount available
june budget 2016
Mid-Rise Rockstar Raw-Hem Jeans - $34.94, on sale for $30 - 30% off promo - rewards = $13.19 returned

Mid-Rise Rockstar Skinny Jeans (Santa Rosa wash) - $34.94, on sale for $28 - 30% off promo - rewards = $12.31 returned

Mid-Rise Rockstar Jeans - $34.94 - 30% off promo - rewards = $15.36

Mid-Rise Rockstar Skinny Jeans (leaf me alone) - $34.94 - 30% off promo - rewards = $15.36

Sleeveless Knit Swing Dress (olive stripe) - $26.94, on sale for $18 - 30% off promo - rewards = $7.91

Relaxed Full-Zip Hoodie (dark charcoal gray) - $26.94 - 30% off promo - rewards = $11.84 returned

My $45 Old Navy rewards were burning a hole in my pocket, and I had found a bunch of things on the site that I wanted, so I decided to go to the store so I could try things on (and see if they were cheaper online or in store since their prices are always all over the place). The only original things I found online that I walked out wanting were the sage green skinnies and the dress. I tried on the top right jeans in store and really liked them, but decided I'd order a few other light-wash pairs in the same fit to see if I liked them--I ended up with the pair I originally tried on. My order totaled $120.97, but after my rewards were applied, I only paid $75.97. And I knew I was only going to keep two of the three pairs of blue jeans, so I would be getting some of that back. I thought the hoodie was a fleecy warm one, but it turned out to be t-shirt thin. So back it went.

I had already made the collage because I thought I was done shopping (and probably should've been, to be honest) but I'm weak and when Nordstrom offers 10-point days I am powerless to resist. I haven't been wanting the shoes for that long, but I couldn't stop thinking about them. I have a pair of wedges from Target that I wore the other day and realized they just don't fit very well, so I think I will get rid of those to make myself feel better about buying these. The two tops I have been wanting for a long time and the reviews are so great, and I figured the black and white ones wouldn't go on sale for quite some time (especially since they could be worn all seasons with the addition of layers), so I grabbed those too. I might get rid of two black and white tanks I currently own (I loved them at first, but now I kind of think they're an awkward length, plus they're racerbacks which are hard with bras), but I haven't decided.

Sam Edelman 'Dali' Wedge Sandal (putty) - $99.95 updated after posting - returned
I tried these on in the store with a nylon and they fit, but when I got them and tried them on without, they didn't fit very well.

Lush Side Slit Tank - $34, x2 (black & ivory) = $68

Also, my Asics that I bought when we first decided to start running have developed holes where my pinky toes rub. I emailed Asics just to see if that was a faulty pair or if that would happen in any pair, if there was a style that would fit better, etc. and they were like, "If you have your receipt and it's been less than two years, you can go back to where you bought them and exchange them." Well, it's been more than two years, I definitely don't have the receipt, and the store is in Seattle. Thanks for answering the questions I actually asked. *eye roll* So I decided to finally use part of the $100 gift card to JCPenney I won from Elle's blog and buy a discounted style of Asics. It says they're for 'low mileage runners' and I'd say since I don't actually run anymore, I qualify. But I just think Asics are so comfortable, so I wanted to stick with them. These wouldn't be deducted from my budget if I had used my own money since they are a necessity. I got the silver/green/teal because they were the only colorway in my size, but I think they're prettier than my last pair (which I also didn't have a choice on). (I've had that $100 JCP gift card included in my budget amount since I got it, but I think I'm going to remove the remainder. I'm thinking of spending it on bedding or something. If I do end up using it for clothes, I'll just add it back that month.)

Asics Gel-Contend 3 Running Shoes - $65, on sale for $49.99 - paid with gift card = $0

And lastly, not something I include in my budget amount, but I bought the entertainment center I mentioned in this post. Before, we were using one of those IKEA shelves with the four squares, and our TV was wider than the stand, which just doesn't look right. Having a real entertainment center has made such a huge difference in how our living room looks (and feels). I cashed in some Swagbucks for a gift card to put toward this purchase.

Tribecca Home Media Console - $184.99 - $25 gift card - 12% off coupon = $137.79

Amount spent toward budget: $15.36 + $15.36 + $7.91 + $99.95 + $34 + $34 = $206.58 $106.63

So, over budget when you take the $1,200/year budget and average it to $100/month, but I started the year with $1,200 allocated for the year, and with this month considered, I still have $553.59 $653.54 remaining, which means we're halfway through the year, and just over less than halfway through the budget. I'm going to try to keep next month's shopping light. I'm thinking it might have to include this skirt that I saw at Target over the weekend. It's waaay cuter in person than online.

$653.54 - Annual budget remaining
$17.87 - ThredUp
$24.63 - Splender
$19.43 - eBates
$14.40 - Poshmark
$729.87 - Maximum budget amount available

I'm linking up with Franish's Budgeting Bloggers whenever the link-up goes live. (Posting early-ish to discourage more shopping and also because I've been on vacation this week!)

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

18 comments:

  1. I just found not one, but TWO JCPenny's gift cards in a drawer... I totally need to get out & use those babies up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same Old Navy swing dress and wear it CONSTANTLY! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw June Budget at first I thought it said Jean Budget because of the photo and then laughed at my mistake. I love how many different areas you have going into your budget though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously you will never cease to amaze me with your amazing shopping finds!! I've always thought I was such a good deal finder and then I see there is so much more I could be doing!! haha also the link in the last paragraph links to a gorgeous entertainment center instead of a skirt. Not mad about it because now I need that entertainment center haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the tribeca one you mentioned earlier is what it links to ^

      Delete
  5. The Sam Edelman wedges are really cute. (I always find Sam Edelman shoes to be good quality for their price and comfortable, so one can't go wrong with them.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I lvoe your new TV stand!
    I really need to go get some clothes for vacation next month (mainly a swimsuit and some comfy tops and shorts), but I'm so lazy -and poor, ha- when it comes to buying for myself! I'm glad you found some stuff you like!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh please be my personal shopper/deal finder!! ;)

    I love any and all swing dresses from ON!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty sure I was looking at that ON swing dress earlier today! And ugh racerback tops are the woooorst (sung like Jean-Ralphio). I won't let myself buy them anymore because I know I don't ever feel like wearing something that requires a special bra. Bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that Old Navy swing dress and those olive skinnies! I've been wanting olive skinnies, so I need to go have a look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so right about Old Navy's prices being all over the place! Seriously, I've seen some things online that are on sale so I go into the store thinking it's on sale too but nope! Haha, anywho.. those green skinny jeans are super cute! And I saw those tank tops at Nordstrom in Chicago last week & really wanted them but had a hard time justifying the price! Now if we had one here + I could get those reward points, then maybe. :) And I LOVE that TV stand! I am on a rustic kick these days so that one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always wonder about Old Navy's prices being cheaper in store or online. Also. The color leaf me alone? I'm dying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always so impressed with your budgets!!! Old Navy - agree. I did get two new pair of jeans (white and lavender!) and they were cheaper in the store than online.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you have such a well thought out budget! I love it. Mine is like a number and then I just try to hover around that. Breaking it down piece by piece is smart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you seriously find the best deals. i am trying not to shop right now, i've spent more than i should have this year already and it's not even halfway done haha.
    also, i read your 'oy' post and i just want to say yayyyyy three cheers for king beds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of my favorite posts you do! I love to see how you think through the budget. Hope you had a great vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wish I'd seen those ON olive skinny jeans earlier! I had been looking for a while for a pair and finally ended up with one from LOFT, but after wearing them a bit they're not quite the perfect fit (they were when I tried them on) and I think the Rockstar may have been better. :P I tried that ON swing dress too and it just didn't work for me - it's super cute though!

    ReplyDelete