Northwest Native: Friday Favorites: More house stuff, mostly.

Friday, June 3, 2016

Friday Favorites: More house stuff, mostly.

'Auto' photo editing in Google photos rules. Before doing that, Flora's face in this picture was just blackness. You couldn't really even tell she had a face. I was making crazy person noises to get Flora to look at me for this picture, so Tully tilted her head like, "What in the hell are you doing, woman?"

I posted a picture of our guest room bedding in this post [side note: all of those pillows came in the bedding set, and it even came with a bed skirt which we can't use with a futon and two giant square decorate pillow cases--is it just me, or are those two pillows with shams + four decorative pillows not enough?!], but that was before getting the futon frame set up, arranging the 'bed' where we wanted it, and a few more touches. A (mostly) complete guest room! We still need to get our signed Blazers jersey framed and hang it, and I think we'll probably paint that dresser (it's the one from Goodwill) white eventually. Sorry for the two almost identical photos...I just couldn't get all three pieces of furniture in the shot together. And the lighting is bad because I was too lazy to open the blinds. But you get the idea. I'm so excited for Michael's dad to get here tonight so we can show him the house and his room for the weekend!

So...the selling realtor on our house was a nightmare. I mentioned a few of the issues we had with him/the seller in this post...but I think this takes the cake. When we moved in, we just used the lockbox code to get that key out. We had one key. We didn't have mail keys or a garage door opener. We texted our realtor to ask about the rest of the keys and what to do with the lockbox. She said she thought he had picked up the lockbox already...and asked him about the keys. Turns out (after about five days of our realtor having to ask him) that he lost all the keys. Grand. Our realtor bought us a universal garage door opener and brought it over, we bought a rekeying kit [I went to buy one and the guy at Home Depot said they rekey things for free...so I decided not to buy one then; but Michael wanted to do it himself. I told him if it's hard and he gets mean/it causes us to get in a fight I was going to tell him, "I told you so" SO HARD. It started off bad--he kept asking me to help and I was like uh, no, I wanted this done for free at Home Depot...but eventually all our locks were done and we didn't kill each other] and we just threw the damn lockbox in the trash because I really don't care if the selling realtor wants it back at this point. I had to go to the post office and pay $40 to get the locks changed on our mailbox. BUT, now that that ordeal is over, Michael doesn't have to stop at my office on the way to work every morning to give me the house key so I can go home at lunch/after work. Also, you know those cutesy keys? I've never had one, but there was a fox one at Home Depot and I am absolutely going to get one made for my house key. Also also--if you are planning on buying/selling a house in the Portland area, I can tell you who not to use as a realtor. (And also who to use because we absolutely love our realtor.)

GOO GONE IS MAGICAL. Have you ever had to use Goo Gone? I use it mostly to get sticker price tags off of the glass part of picture frames. But for some reason our house had this big sticker on this tiny section of the glass door. It basically just makes things fuzzy, so I guess it's for privacy...but the entire rest of the glass door was wide open. It's weird because it's right at chest height, so I guess you could stand topless in that section? But you couldn't walk to/from that section because people could see through the rest of the glass door... Anyone have any idea why someone would put a sticker like this at about chest height on one side of a glass door? I just don't understand. (This picture was after the sticker was removed...that's all just residue it left behind. But Goo Gone/an ice scraper got that all off for me!)

Michael's schedule has been 10:30-7 for months now, and since he got hired on permanently (no longer a contractor) he got to put in a bid for a new shift time. Starting Monday he will be working 8:30-5 and I won't have to make dinner every single night anymore! I am soooo excited about this.

Fell in love with these Saludos sandals (curse you, Instagram ads!) only to find that Saludos don't make size 11 shoes... That's the problem with 10 being the last 'guaranteed' size.

Linking up with AndreaErika, & Narci for Friday Favorites!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

17 comments:

  1. That realtor sounds like a serious nightmare. That sucks.
    Maybe the window sticker was so they could walk around without pants. I do that, but I don't give a crap if my neighbors see me in the mornings... HAHA :)
    ALSO. It sounds like I need this fox key you speak of. Like, NEED it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they lost the keys-- how does that even happen? I laughed at the rekeying story because that's totally something that would happen for us too. The last time my mom came to visit she couldn't believe we didn't have goo gone- it's been on the imaginary list to buy, but we always seem to forget, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when our schedules don't line up, so I'm excited for you that you can do dinner together!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your realtor, what a nightmare. Goo Gone is the best! I always have some on hand. That is so great that your schedules match up. Now he can cook you some dinners. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait....he lost all of the keys? At that point I would have just gotten brand new locks forget rekeying ha. That's what we did when I bought my house, I just bought all new locks and keys so that I knew no one would have that exact combination or hoped at least. I never trusted the former seller anyway.

    That's so odd at chest height too??? We have stick on film that we put on all of the bottom parts of the windows so we can leave the window open all day without people seeing in, it looks silly on the outside of one of our windows (since there is no screen) but I love having it on. But they're not chest height....

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, what a nightmare. that realtor sounds like a mess. yay for cutesy keys :) i used to have a tinkerbell one haha. i should get a cutsey one for this house. goo gone really is magical. i have never heard of editing photos in google photos, or google photos in general. i'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really sucks about the realtor losing the keys! I mean, that's like one of their main jobs! Who does that? At least your realtor was so nice and helped y'all out! And hooray for Michael getting a new schedule! Having to cook alone is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's absolutely crazy about all the locks. I do like that you're going to get a fox key out of all of it though :) Have a good weekend!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh, I would have been so angry about the whole key fiasco! Like who loses keys and a garage door opener to a house they are selling?!?!? Goodness!!! I really like Goo Gone!!! Hope you have a great weekend! Glad you guys didn't kill each other changing the locks! Those times are the ones that prove if you are going to make it or break it as a couple hahahahaha. If you both live through it, you're golden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fox key sounds so cute, and I would have been so angry about the key situation. I'm so glad it all worked out! So exciting about Michael's new schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, why do bedding sets come with so many pillows?? I have two "normal" pillows on my full size bed and that's it, because I can't be bothered with all those extra ones! And your dogs are so cute! Dogs quizzically tilting their heads just melts my icy cat-loving heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yippee for a more regular schedule for Michael.
    Goo Gone is pretty amazing.
    I have little patience sometimes for people who are supposed to be professional & in charge & then take a turn for the nightmare.
    I still love the colors of your bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a mess about the realtor & losing your keys! And to take five days to respond to your realtor about it? That is crazy. But, at least you guys got everything fixed & now you can get fancy keys! Also, I just did a complete face palm about Goo Gone + price sticks on picture frames because I spent a good 15 minutes trying to get those stupid things off a frame. AND I have a bottle of that stuff! But yes, so weird that they put that on just one part of the window? Maybe to block out sun? Who knows. And yay for not having to cook every night! Haha, I definitely feel you on that! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay to having your man home earlier every night! Nay to dumb realtors, what a mess, so sorry you guys had to deal with that. Too bad Goo Gone couldn't magically erase sucky realtors, lol!! Happy weekend girl, glad my room is ready, Bha ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for new work schedules! Goo Gone is the absolute best! I discovered it in the dollar aisle at Target and I use it for everything! (almost as much as the dad in my Big Fat Greek wedding uses windex) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for Michael's new schedule!! We use a ton of Goo Gone around here too, especially since the kids put stickers on everything ;) I've totally been looking at ALL the Saludos ads too!!!! Sorry they don't make your size, lame!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goo Gone is AWESOME! That stuff has been used so much in this house, haha!

    Also, sorry to hear about all the frustrations with the realtor. Ugh! I'm sure you're glad to not have to deal with them anymore after this!

    ReplyDelete