Northwest Native: May Budget [2016]

Friday, May 27, 2016

May Budget [2016]

$860.95 - Annual budget remaining
$98.98 - Nordstrom gift cards
$20 - Nordstrom note
$100 - JCPenney gift card
$45 - Old Navy credit card rewards
$5.90 - ThredUp
$24.63 - Splender
$19.43 - eBates
$14.40 - Poshmark
$1,189.29 - Maximum budget amount available

When I started writing this post, I hadn't purchased a single thing. But then, Danielle commented on this post. She mentioned the Kate Spade surprise sale and Nordstrom's semi-annual sale and said I should check both for my beloved purse. I knew it wasn't included in the surprise sale, and last I checked, it was no longer on Nordstrom's site, but I decided to try again, and it was back, and on sale for cheaper than it was on the KS site! ($219.76 vs $229, so not a huge difference, but that also meant I could use my Nordstrom note & Nordstrom gift card!)

I was so close to buying this t-shirt on Wednesday (right before I found the purse) when I got a sale alert. But...I don't do paying for shipping and it wasn't available for pickup near me. I was bummed, but after I found the purse I was happy I had saved the $20!
may budget 2016
Converse Double Tongue Low Tops - Amazon price $60, Ross price $30 - bought for me by my lovely mother = $0
Kate Spade Orchard Street Penelope (in Alice blue) - $328, on sale for $219.76 - $98.98 Nordstrom gift card - $20 Nordstrom note = $100.78

Since my shopping was so light, I thought I'd talk a little bit about what I've (okay, we've) been buying instead of clothes, shoes and accessories for myself.

What we've been buying:

A grill, a patio set, welcome mats for the front and back doors, a basketball hoop, a new garbage can for the kitchen, shower curtain liners and rings...

And here are the things I still want to buy.

A new shower curtain & bath mat for our bathroom, a king size bed (eventually), garbage cans for all three bathrooms...

And I'm sure there are tons of other things I want to buy that I can't think of, and more that I will want to buy, but just haven't thought of or found them yet. So, I will hopefully be keeping my shopping light for the rest of the year. (And no, any unused amount will not be rolled over.)

Plus, I came in right around my budget--$1,200 per year, which averages out to $100 per month!

$760.17 - Annual budget remaining
$0 - Nordstrom gift cards
$0 - Nordstrom note
$100 - JCPenney gift card
$45 - Old Navy credit card rewards
$5.90 - ThredUp
$24.63 - Splender
$19.43 - eBates
$14.40 - Poshmark
$969.53 - Maximum budget amount available

I'm linking up with Franish's Budgeting Bloggers!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

17 comments:

  1. I am loving both your shoes & purse. That's a great price on your Kate Spade! I want one so bad but just cant make myself pay too much for a purse. We have an outlet near us & I'm always in there man handling all the purses though :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting that not only were you able to get the purse on sale, but you were able to use a bunch of credits on it too! Loving that blue colour. It goes with so many different colours, but at the same time gives such a pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you were able to get the Kate Spade purse you wanted for so cheap!! Hooray! It's super cute and sent me on a brief spiral of perusing more gorgeous Kate Spade bags on the Nordstrom site. Luckily, I'm pretty good at not making impulse buys over $50 haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you got the purse at a great deal and so glad I could help you out. $100 for the KS purse is a steal (with your gift cards) and I can't wait to see you rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new Kate Spade bag! The blue is really pretty. I really want to buy one but just haven't come across a good enough deal to convince myself to get one! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that you're keeping track :) I think the new patio looks GREAT! We need to go get some patio furniture while everything's on sale right now! I also want new grey bath mats for our bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't posted about my budget because it has gone out the window. It's dead. I am so out of control with my spending, it's unbelievable. You'd think for someone who hardly leaves the house this wouldn't be an issue yet here we are- credit card debt up to my eyeballs. I did unsubscribe to emails from my favorite places. I can't quite quit the book boxes yet, but I'm close. But yeah. We need to win the lottery soon. Real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a king size bed is literally the best purchase we ever made for our marriage lol. we were seriously heading for crazy town in the double bed we were in. that bag is so pretty, yay for using nordstrom note/gift card. and i hate paying for shipping as well, unless i'm getting a super good discount and with shipping is still less than the original price.. but generally i hate paying for shipping lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've definitely not purchased items if I couldn't get the free shipping- paying for shipping is the worst! #amazonprimeforlife I remember I had a ridiculously long list of things I wanted/needed to buy when I moved into my apartment, and things I would change if I wasn't renting. I spent a lot of time at Bed Bath beyond and Home Goods haha. You guys got a basketball hoop? How fun! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why does macy's still not have free shipping?? I just don't understand-- love that anchor shirt and soo glad you were able to get the bag from nordstrom-- totally meant to be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shoes and purse! The color of the purse is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that color!! Kate spade owns my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The purse and shoes are both really cute! I also generally refuse to buy things online if free shipping isn't available. Major online retailers that don't offer free online shipping are way behind the times and it just makes me really averse to shopping there.

    It sounds like there are a lot of things to buy for the house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that purse! And that color is SO pretty, especially for summer. And I completely agree with Kristen on the king size bed! I can't imagine going back to anything smaller because I need my sleeping space, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That purse is AWESOME - so cute and it's awesome that you got such a great price!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously you always amaze me, you are shopper goals!! I'm so excited for you and your new house, seriously so exciting!!! I want to see a house tour when it's all put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. things i need: that PURSE! love the blue color. thanks for the budget update!!

    ReplyDelete