Northwest Native: M&M: A Love Story - Part Three

Thursday, May 5, 2016

M&M: A Love Story - Part Three

Catch up on part one here and part two here if you missed them!

When we left off, Michael and I were planning on hanging out in a few weeks when he was back at school after summer. We had only ever hung out the time we met, with our friend Allison, who introduced us, as a buffer. Well, Allison transferred after sophomore year, so this would be just the two of us.

I even sent him this lovely message. (He must've told me he really wanted to see P.S. I Love You. So no, I wasn't trying to pick a romantic movie to hint anything.)
See, he was super excited with an exclamation point and everything. This guy loves chick flicks.

So we had these grand plans and we totally met up and fell in love and the rest is history.

...NOT.

We had actually set up a day to hang out and everything. I was going to drive up to Seattle for it, it was all settled. And then that morning he texts me that he had a bad dream the night before about his mom (she was having very scary health issues at the time, which I didn't know until he told me about the dream/what it was about) and he just wasn't feeling up to it. I was really sad for him about his mom, and I figured the excuse was kind of bullsh*t anyway, but I told him it was okay and I understood and that I was sorry about his mom (she came through that stuff, but in December 2014 she was diagnosed with breast cancer and on Tuesday she had her last round of chemo!!!--sorry for the side note).

If you recall, I was already kind of on the fence about Michael, so after this, I really decided I wasn't going to try to hang out with him or have any sort of hopes or thoughts about him. I was going to Australia for a semester in February anyway, so why start something only to be long distance (like...the longest distance!)?

In November, Allison (the friend who Michael and I met through) came up to visit me. We did go up to Seattle for a day, and I wasn't sure if we were going to meet up with Michael. My friend Emily lives in Seattle and she and Allison are friends too, so we were hanging out with her, and we ended up meeting up with Michael. The entire time, Emily and I were paired up and so were Allison and Michael (we were walking and I remember them walking up front and Emily and me behind, having our own conversations and giggling and paying no mind), which was mostly due to my back off mentality from previous experience. And when we all did engage in conversation...I think I laid the sass on Michael harder than I've ever sassed anyone. And that is saying something.

Between then and my departure to Australia, there were no messages that I screenshotted, so I either didn't see that time period, or I just didn't deem any of the messages entertaining enough, or there weren't many. I think our conversations did wane between him ditching me and when we saw each other in November, and maybe after seeing each other he messaged me more, but it still wasn't a lot of talking.

Sorry this one was so wordy!

To be continued...

I'm linking up with Annie and Natalie for Thoughts for Thursday and Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

16 comments:

  1. Oh man, I was SO convinced that Part 3 would be the official romantic spark! Ahh, so many cliff hangers!! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. & the story continues! I love it!
    Even in the lows & quiet times... because we know the ending :) YIPPEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold the phone - you spent a semester in Australia?! LUCKY!!! Can't wait to hear how you guys finally REALLY fell in love! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read the next part! I like all the twists!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally wouldn't have wanted to start something before going on a study abroad in Australia either! I love that you laid the sass on when you saw him after he had ditched you! Can't wait for the next part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is all just so sweet. And honestly, I can tell by the way he talks to you in the FB messages that he was so into you! It's so cute how welcoming he was. I'm a shy dater so I appreciate when people are totally in the open about liking the other person, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was my LIFE in college--being all excited about a boy, making plans, and then getting blown off. UGH. So I'm totally with you on the "I figured the excuse was bullshit" reaction! Your series of posts is making me see how far I've come in my own life, so thanks Mattie!! hahaha Your love story with Michael is so cute and so non-linear, it's great. It must be cool to look back and see how all the things that didn't "work out" all worked out in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I literally need more....like this isn't enough Mattie I want the full book hahah.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another cliff hanger??? You are killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, the first time Chris and I were supposed to hang out I had to ditch him to work for my boss whose dog was dying. He thought it was a bullshit excuse but after he met me, he realized it was totally legit because I care so much about animals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would've thought it was an excuse too so I totally get your response. I'm so looking forward to part 4!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh there is going to be a part 4 and I am so looking forward to part 4, each part is so exciting

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um... I want to hear about your time in Australia! (And the rest of this story!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. part 4, part 4!! haha seriously it's unfolding looking like nothing will happen but obviously something DOES happen and I am dying to see how everything plays out! Either way, I'm glad it worked out how it did in the end! and YAY for his moms last round of chemo, that really is SO exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. DYING. I can't wait to read part 4!!!! I want to hear about Australia, too!! So lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol yes to the longest distance - it really is! i'm glad i am behind on blog reading because now i get to jump straight to part 4. muahahaha.

    ReplyDelete