Northwest Native: Good things lately.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Good things lately.

I got some Converse! I posted that I wanted these ones in gray, but we were visiting my mom last weekend and went to Ross and found these for only $30! (They have two tongues, the outer one has polka dots on the inside. I just wear them with both tongues down so they look like normal Converse, but as you can see in the picture, you can fold the tongue back and show the polka dots.) And my mom actually bought them for me, which was so nice of her.

Like I said in this post, I read library books on my Kindle because it's so convenient for me. Well, after I returned them, they still show up on my Kindle with [Loan Ended] before the title, which drove me insane. So I went to 'Manage Your Content & Devices' on Amazon and deleted them there...and it didn't work. I finally Googled it and found this (old) blog post and I'm so happy. Yes, my Kindle is that old one pictured first. I bought it in like 2009 for $99. I've considered upgrading but I'm like...why? It still works, I don't need a newer one just because.

Speaking of that, I've been a reading machine lately. I don't do book posts anymore because I'm horrible at book reviews, and they also tend to be my least read and least commented on posts. Plus it's hard to reply to comments like, "I should read these!" you know? I like to read book posts, but write them...not so much. But if you are curious about what I've read/what I'm reading/what I want to read, we should be friends on Goodreads!

This is old, but Michael and I went to two Blazers playoff games this year. One against the Clippers, and one against the Warriors, and they won both! Michael has actually never been to a game that they've lost, which is crazy and a lot of pressure now (even though he's only been to six). Anyway, they're out of the playoffs now, but they lead the defending champs (Warriors) most minutes of the series, and they were the only team who beat them more than once after that playoff win (now that OKC beat them the other day I don't know if that's still true and I'm too lazy to look it up). So anyway, I'm proud of them and I love them.

JT's new song is just the best. But we all knew that already.

This is v strange, but I am obsessed with Jenny Slate and Chris Evans dating. I've never seen a Captain America movie (I've seen The Avengers) and I don't know much about him, but it just seems like he would date a model or something. I think Jenny Slate is hilarious (I've followed her on Twitter forever--and by forever I mean when I had Twitter before, and she was one of the first I followed when I got it again) and adorable and I just love it.

Iced coffee (complete with coffee ice cubes) in a mason jar is so Portland. Plus it was delicious, as was whatever that raspberry cream cheese pastry was called.

I got the Bloom VoxBox from Influenster, and it's always fun to try out new things! Yes, I received all of the following products for free to review, but my opinions are 100% my own!

I thought the chocolate chip Sunbelt Bakery Bar was so good. It tasted like a Chewy granola bar...but for adults. Does that make sense? And excuse the shadow, but that one blue nail is done with SinfulColors Kylie Jenner Denim & Bling collection polish! I've mentioned before I'm not a fan of the Kardashians, and this is still true...but I did like this nail polish! Blue is not a color I normally use for nails, which is why I only did it on one nail. I probably wouldn't do it on all five nails, but I liked it this way. I also liked that it wasn't clear polish with blue glitter--there was actual color to the polish, though it wasn't opaque.

I was not a fan of the Not Your Mother's Plump For Joy Thickening Spray. I just felt like it weighed my hair down, which was the opposite of what it was supposed to do. I received Secret Outlast Xtend invisible solid deodorant (I actually received this in two different boxes) and it smells good, but since switching to Dove Dry Spray (which I've never received for free--bummer!), I just can't do invisible solids anymore. They get all over my clothes.

The Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse seems okay. It smelled good, but I put it on an extra dry patch on my hand and it didn't feel thick like oil, and it didn't really seem to do anything.

My favorite thing may have been the Cutex Advanced Revival Nail Polish Remover Pads. I generally use polish remover from a bottle on cotton pads and I always have to use multiple pads per hand (or foot), and with these, I was able to remove polish from all ten fingers and know that it could've removed even more! I'm not sure what the price point is on these, but if they're reasonable, I will buy them in the future for sure.

And the thing that I'm most excited and giddy about lately will be announced on the blog tomorrow! :)

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

14 comments:

  1. i think she left her husband for him, so that's cool she's happy. i wouldn't haven't put them together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when JT's new song comes on the radio- it makes me instantly happier :) That iced coffee looks delicious! I'm currently sitting in my office trying to motivate myself to go upstairs and pour myself some coffee... Ugh. You'd think coffee would be motivation in itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's easy to respond to "I should read these!" Yes, you should. LOL

    I have a hand me down kindle from my aunt. No need to upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many thoughts & comments on all this :)
    I have to say, I was shocked about the Chris Evans choice too - I dont know why it shocked me - but glad to see him with a funny gal!
    Yipee on converse! I so am DYING for a pair.
    I've got to check out the link about the Kindle - I have the same issues with library loan e-books... & I too have the old Kindle. I love it though. Why upgrade until you have to?
    mmmm.... iced coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the second person who liked those nail polish remover pads so I need to get them! I'm jealous of your voxbox, my latest one I got dandruff shampoo, woo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for new Converse! I never thought of looking at like Ross for them. You sure got a great deal! I like reading library books on my Kindle too. I've found out that if you turn the Wifi off on your Kindle, you can keep library books for as long as you want! It can be pretty handy when you have get a bunch of books to read and not enough time to read them all!

    That iced coffee looks so good. It seems so simple but it's so hard to find good iced coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The converse are super cute. Sneaks with a little something special!! And the iced coffee and pastry made me think of this almond croissant I had when we were away. It was so amazing and I need to find one as good!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the bloom box!!! I want more of those granola bars! I liked the NYM spray. Did you scrunch it in your hair from your hands or spray it? I could see if you sprayed it directly in your hair it would weigh it down a little more. Your Converse are totally cute!!! And I need to find somewhere that has coffee ice cube!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't remember if I already told you this, but the coffee in this post made me think of it, but I tried to get a cold brew from starbucks one morning and they were out :( haha as soon as it warms up I'm going to try making it at home though! I love when you find current things you want at discount stores for way less, it's such a good feeling to know you got a good deal. I just added you over on Goodreads :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's that old phrase that "If a'int broke don't fix it", and if your kindle is working fine, then I say spend the money on something else that you'd utilize more! And hooray for reading more! Goodreads and blog posts are where I get a lot of my book recommendations, so I always love to be friends with people on Goodreads so I can see what they think. Can't wait to see what the announcement is tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for new Converse! Just added you on Goodreads! I love seeing what people are reading. Can't wait for your announcement tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the same way when it comes to electronics-- if it's still working, no need to get rid of it! I had the same old tube TV for almost ten years before upgrading to a flat screen just because it still worked, haha. Curtis has a Kindle but I just can't seem to get the hang of it! You got all that stuff in a Voxbox!? I'm jealous! The last thing I got was an anti-dandruff shampoo-- I've never had dandruff so I don't know how they figured that I would use it? Those shoes are so cute & $30?? Awesome deal (for your mom!). I'm excited for this announcement tomorrow now too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my converses. We have an outlet store here that I hit up all the time. I got a voxbox I need to review and haven't gotten around to it. But I have seen the nail polish remover pads everywhere online and I want to try them. I am constantly painting my nails over and over since they chip so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have double-tongue Converse from Ross too! (Just in blue, with flowers on the "decorative" tongue.) TWINS! Oh wait, and I have grey Converse too! DOUBLE TWINS! :D

    ReplyDelete