Northwest Native: Weekend Recap [4.17.16]

Monday, April 18, 2016

Weekend Recap [4.17.16]

I haven't really done a weekend recap in a while and I kind of enjoy not doing them because I tend to ramble way too long about things people don't care about. So this is my weekend recap: list style. (My internal monologue re: not rambling as I write this is, "I think I can, I think I can.") CAUTION: This post may contain [dog] nudity.

- Watched the entire first season of The Walking Dead on Friday night. It was only six episodes, buuut...that's still six hours. Yep, I started at about 6:30 and stopped at about 12:30 when Michael got home. P.S. It's probably my new favorite show (if that wasn't apparent by the six straight hours of watching). P.S.S. Rick is a hunk.

- Took some pictures of the dogs sleeping while I watched because I am an attentive dog mom. Clearly not their new favorite show.

- Saturday morning we headed to my mom's to stay the night and could you believe one of those sleeping angels pooped in the car...on the highway on our way there? I'll spare you the details but it entailed throwing away their leashes and a wash cloth I took out of our dirty clothes hamper (yes I brought laundry to my mom's and I am 25 years old). Did I mention it's the car we bought brand new in December?

- Went to Home Depot with my mom and brother so they could buy plant things and Michael saw riding lawn mowers in front of the store and desperately wanted to sit on one, but there was an employee over there and he was too embarrassed. He was thrilled they had some in the garden section so he could fulfill his lifelong dream.

- Took a picture of myself without makeup next to a window in the daylight so you guys could see that it really was the 11 p.m. bathroom lighting that made my makeup-free skin look good in Friday's post. (Dark circles and redness, yay! And also a few zits. *insert thumbs up emoji*)

- Took a picture of Tully being ladylike as per usual (yet shockingly, she is not the car-pooping bandit).

- Bought me some bralettes so I can continue going bra-free as often as humanly possible! I bought a black one and a white one and I'm super stoked to desperately try to make them work with every single shirt and/or dress I own.

- Went to Abercrombie & Fitch for the first time in years and years (I know) and almost passed out from the smell. I got an amazing, slouchy t-shirt from there for Christmas (meant to be pajamas but I love it too much for just sleeping) and it's actually what prompted me to buy pretty lace bralettes, because it's too easy to lean forward a fraction of an inch and have your entire bra exposed. Anyway, I thought it was this shirt (I know $18 for a t-shirt is kind of steep but if it was the same as the one I have I would've gladly bought at least two) but when I tried them on they were nowhere near as soft or as slouchy.

- Smelled like Abercrombie & Fitch for at least the next hour just from trying on two t-shirts.

- Closed out the weekend to this gem in my inbox. I'd like to thank my dogs, my husband, my mom, and the Academy. Seriously though, negative one followers?! Must've been the seventeen times I said 'nipple' in my confessions post.

How was your weekend? Bet you didn't lose as many Bloglovin' followers as me! *brushes shoulders off*

Linking up with Astleigh for The Pick!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

25 comments:

  1. oh no for pooping in the car but LOL at sleeping dogs, and those who get every comfortable, hehe. she is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The A&F is so funny. I bought a shirt there and swear it smelled like the store for ever. Coca puked in my car while I was driving after stealing treats. I can not leave her alone for a minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes for TWD! Rick really is so good looking and it's such an addicting show! I can't wait to see what you think of the other seasons (and season 2 is a little slow, but it gets better I promise!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man... I get it - our dog gets so nervous traveling, he usually has diarrhea on the road. We now make sure seats are covered in garbage bags. Fun stuff.

    The lawn mower picture. haha. That is one happy guy right there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man that totally and literally stinks about the dog poop in the car!! We have a waterproof seat cover in our backseat just in case, and it was super cheap on Amazon. Our dogs haven't done that before but they've done lots of other naughty things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, negative one follower?! That's hilarious that it shows that. I'll have to look for that now. I promise I'll never minus one your blog! Especially with the words nipples because that free the boobies post was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great weekend and you did a good job of keeping the post concise ;) though I do always like seeing what people are up to! My husband desperately wants a riding lawn mower, but we are going to have the smallest lawn EVER at our new house, so probably not haha!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do know that Rick from TWD is Mark from Love Actually right?! It's so crazy to me that he's now this bad-ass in a zombie show after hopelessly pining for Keira Knightley, haha. And your car debacle sounds terrible! I'm glad I don't have to deal with that, having no car and no pets, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes- another Team Rick fan! I don't know why everyone thinks Norman Reedus is so hot! Ugh, sorry to hear about your shitty (literally) situation, but sounds like a nice weekend overall!

    Now I have that Abercrombie and Fitch song stuck in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummm... first off, how do you get that through bloglovin??? That's so cool. I don't think I've ever seen that. Of course then again I don't really use bloglovin ha.

    I'm all about binge watching a show. I do that all the time #hardcore. #bagsfordaysunderthoseeyes

    Anyway, second off, I really want a riding lawn mower too, even though our yard is just not practical for it, they look like so much fun! We've gone to Home Depot so much in the past month, that whenever we say we're going to Home Depot Sophie jumps and down in happiness....

    Thirdly, dog poop? That's like rite of passage. I mean no car is certified without it, no, actually, I really hope you were able to get it out and the stink.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, Gracie pooped allllll over the back seat of my Camry when she was a puppy. It was the nastiest thing to clean up. So ummmm your face still looks good in that picture. And I see no dark circles. If you want to see what dark circles look like, I will show you mine. LOL. We are all our own worst critics. Just the thought of A&F makes me laugh. Their scent attacks my nose several stores away. And it was always way too loud in there, even when I was in HS I was like ahhhh I cant hear!!!! But I will say, they did have cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We keep going back and forth on wanting to start TWD (is that what people who watch it, call it?? haha) because everyone says it's so good, but I don't know about the whole zombie thing? Though I did like True Blood and I never would have thought I was into vampires either Also, your skin still looks amazing even in different lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your doggies are adorable, spread eagle, pooping and all!! Looks like a fun weekend, the Mr. And I always get into some sort of shenanigans at home improvement stores, lol. Know what? you are still absolutely beautiful sans makeup!! A doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sleeping dogs are so cute, but a huge bummer about the poop! :( That photo of Tully is hilarious-I just love her grin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, how do you get -1 followers? I'm so confused! Does that mean that someone unfollowed you? And I'm so sorry about the dogs! :( Hopefully it was just a one time thing! Haha, I have brought laundry to my mom's house before and I'm 28 so.... yeah. Free laundry > paying for laundry. I haven't been in an A&F in YEARS! I do like their plain t-shirts though but I'd feel like an old woman if I stepped into a store. And I love those bralettes-- good choice! Those are way nicer than the ones I sent you from Forever 21. Looks like you had a pretty good weekend overall! And I kind of like the list version of a weekend recap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, you crazy! Your skin looks way good to me!!! I can't even find these alleged zits you mention. lol. I've never had a dog poop in the car and though that would be such a pain to clean up, the sheer thought of that entire situation makes me laugh. Geez louise dogs, get it together! And I'm sorry about your negative number. Just care about it as little as possible, no one will appeal to everyone. That's totally okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, you're crazy. Because they make-up-less picture is STILL gorgeous, even in a different light! And I am cracking up about your dog pooping in the car. Like, I'm still sitting here giggling while I type this. I'm sure it SUCKED in the moment... but dang, that's funny.
    Those bralettes are SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i had a negative 1 or 2 the other day as well, whatever bye felicia! lol
    um your makeup free selfie is super pretty and gorgeous and let me tell you how much i don't look like that without makeup.
    i tried to watch the walking dead but couldn't get more than a few episodes in. i quite like hunks though, so perhaps i should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Binge-watching a new favorite show is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't spent time binge watching movies or telly shows in ages the last time was sometime last year I think

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yikes! Pooping in the car is no good! But at least they are super cute. ;)

    And girl, you are still gorgeous even without make up in natural light!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You amazing with no makeup on girl <3 Your dogs are adorable!!

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. K first off, I'm older than you (32) and I take my laundry to my moms still, too. Hahaha! No shame.
    You're pretty funny. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. ahhh I would be soooo pissed with the poop in the car. It's a good thing they're so dang cute though :) and I laughed at that bloglovin thing hahah and the reason why you think MAYBE they unfollowed. Like THANKS for the reminder bloglovin!!! If I was close to my mom, I'd take my laundry over there, too. And this is random, but since your post when you mentioned the sperm donor, I totally think of my "mom" as a surrogate mom. Thanks for helping me come up with an appropriate name for her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay for new Walking Dead fans!! Welcome to the club!

    (Oh, but don't feel compelled to jump in on Fear the Walking Dead. That is a snooze fest!)

    ReplyDelete