Northwest Native: My Happy List [4.22.16]

Friday, April 22, 2016

My Happy List [4.22.16]

Number One: My Weekend Recap

You guys, I thought my weekend recap was hilarious. I'm not very good at being funny (at least being funny and not ruining it by babbling for way too long) so I was super proud of that post. Yes, I am absolutely tooting my own horn and I am totally okay if not a single other person thought it was funny. (Michael caught a glimpse of my, "I'd like to thank the Academy" joke about losing a Bloglovin' follower and said it was funny...that's big, because he always tells me how dumb my jokes are [and then I get really cranky with him because as I said, I think I'm super funny...ha!].)

Number Two: Cold Brew

Sometimes, when you have a three and a half hour meeting (more like a presentation...that was absolutely pointless) to start off your day, you have to get a venti cold brew from Starbucks. (Also I was obsessed with this outfit because this is one of my new favorite shirts...and I got to wear my bralette--they are currently buy one get one free, FYI; I did the 2 for $32 promo but I would've saved $5 more if I had waited until now!) If you want to know how we make cold brew at home without fancy supplies (we haven't in a while, but I'm itching to) you can read my super unprofessional how-to post here!

Number Three: Thank You Notes

As of April 10th, we've been married for six months. I didn't write a single thank you note until Tuesday. I wrote five on Tuesday, and a) it felt awesome to finally not stress about the fact that I hadn't started, b) I'm pretty sure all five of the thank you's I wrote were to people (including the company I work for) who have been extremely supportive to myself, my mom, and my family since the loss of my dad. So I just have such an even bigger appreciation for these people than just for a wedding gift.
Yes, I did sit in bed watching House Hunters and eating Rolos that night, thank you very much.


Number Four: Dog Nose Prints

I was driving to work on Tuesday morning and looked in my rearview mirror to see a smattering of dog nose prints alllll over the back window. Normally messes kind of stress me out, especially in our new car, but this just made me think fondly of my sweet pups. It was a good moment. (Also, can you really be stressed about nose prints on the window after your dog takes a poop in the car?)

Number Five: Fitbit Champ

I always love when I do super well on my Fitbit goals. And yes, I left my weight there. I usually always crop it out because we're supposed to be embarrassed by our weight, amIright? Also I'm more like 140 pounds now, so it's not even accurate. (My 58:25 workout was Zumba, but I killed time before Zumba by doing 30 minutes on the elliptical. *insert flexing emoji here*)

Number Six: Zumba At Any Age

Sooo numbers two through six now allll refer to things that happened on Tuesday...apparently I had a really awesome Tuesday. Anyway, I do always love Tuesday nights because it's my Zumba night! This week, there was an old lady (probably in her 80s) there and everyone seemed to know her (including the TRX instructor who taught the class before Zumba...if she does TRX she's more badass than me). The moves are pretty dang fast, but she stayed the whole class and just did everything at her own pace. I loved her. I think it's awesome that she's getting some exercise (especially one that includes shimmying and hip thrusting--I hope I'm doing that when I'm old!).

Number Seven: Celeste Barber

Ever heard of Celeste Barber? I hadn't either until this week. I stumbled upon this article in my news feed and it cracked me up. Her Instagram is gold.
A photo posted by Celeste Barber (@celestebarber) on


Number Eight: Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan

I just started reading this this week and I'm loving it. First of all, I love mystery diagnoses, but I also love her writing style. I can't really explain it...I think it's the language she uses? I don't know, but it makes it read less like a biography and more like a novel, which I'm into.


Number Nine: Baby ducks!!!

THE DUCKS AROUND OUR APARTMENT COMPLEX HAD BABIES! Ugh, so cute. You guys don't know this, but I had pet baby ducks when I was younger. We raised them until they were old enough to be released. So I have all the heart eyes emojis for these little ones!

Number Ten: These three.

Yeah, yeah they're always my favorites, etc. Basically I couldn't think of a number ten so I was scrolling through my phone and decided to go with this picture.

Linking up with Krysten & Lindsay for 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week and AndreaErika, & Narci for Friday Favorites!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

37 comments:

  1. a fab list to be happy about!! i used to get grossed out by nose kisses on my car windows...and then i got a dog! now it makes me smile when i see them. happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those little nose prints all over my house windows. I remember seeing a thing on pinterest once that said "My window's aren't dirty, that's just my dog's nose art" so I always think of that when I see them. ;) This reminds me that it's probably time to clean the windows, though, ha!

    Congrats on your Fitbit success, girl! I know how good it feels to rock that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I missed that recap post earlier in the week but um YEAH. Hilarious!! All the dog nudity - so offensive! Hahahahah. I am 10000% jealous of your ability to go bralass! That's only every worked for me in a few dresses but with these baby feeding nipples (sorry if you lose a bloglovin follower over that!) I've got right now...never going to happen. Happy Friday Friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found Celeste a few months ago. I always crack up when her stuff come up on my feed! And I think you're always entertaining and funny, haha! The story about the dog+car incident was GOLD, though.
    I have doggie nose prints all over my car windows and my house windows (they super low to the ground) so when I clean them (...maybe twice a year?) I imagine the dogs being super pissed that I'm 'taking their artwork off the fridge.' Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Sounds like you had a lot of great stuff happen this week. I also take Zumba, and there are quite a few older folks in the class. I really hope I have all that energy when I'm their age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday! I am totally going to follow Celeste on IG... too funny!! Congrats on your Fitbit domination!! Have a great weekend :)

    www.saraleeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I DEFINITELY want to be the old lady shimmying it UP in Zumba classes! #lifegoals

    Your posts are always funny! That's the truth.

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Celeste ... YES! I've been following all sorts of random funny accounts lately but does make it more fun to scroll through. And I've been eyeing that shirt from your coffee pic too!! Does it fit well!? Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on all of those Fitbit steps! I had a day like that this past week and I was exhausted but it felt so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baby ducks are the cutest. My FitBit achievements have been seriously lacking lately. Desk jobs are the worst and I will be so happy when I'm back at camp and spending the majority of the day running around instead of sitting at a desk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BABY DUCKS!!! I love any baby creature.
    OK - I totally gotta follow that IG account - I love funny people.
    Speaking of which - dont you love when you crack yourself up :)
    Cold brew - ALWAYS a winner. Its my go-to every time I dont know what to get

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay so what exactly is a cold brew? I'm assuming it can only come iced?? I'm trying to find new summery drinks that aren't full of too much sugar. I'm sure it feels great to get started on your thank you cards & zumba always sounds like so much fun (in this post-- and when I can hear the class when I'm at the gym, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get you Mattie!! Sometimes I wonder if people get me you know. Like I think I am super funny but wonder if it comes through my writing, haha. And nose prints forevah!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Baby ducks?!?! Omg I would have died at the cuteness. If we had baby ducks AND cats roaming our neighborhood, I would just never get anything done (besides cooing over the baby ducks and cats, obv)! I'm sort of intrigued by Zumba but also terrified... so I love that there was an 80 year old lady doing it! Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you know that there's a free service that will get you back up to 75% when you make online purchases and then the price drops? If you're interested, here's some more info: https://paribus.co/i/3hBefU

    Yay for starting on those cards! I know what you mean- you don't even know how much it's weighing on you until you start actually doing whatever it is you were putting off!

    Baby animals always make me happy, which is why I have a whole Pinterest board of them for those "blah" days! So cute that you raised ducklings when you were younger! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear you're liking Brain on Fire! I liked it a lot as well. There's a momma duck and 5 baby ducks in the pond at my apparent complex too!!! I have been loving watching them follow their mom around as I'm walking my dog around.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Re: Celeste Barber – OMG, SO FUNNY. Thanks for the heads up, I’d never heard of her before.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know all about those nose prints, they are all over the back windows of my car and the back door of our house!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your new top! So cute! Dog prints are always so sweet and you cant get mad about them :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I was headed into that long of a meeting, I would totally need an extra large cup of coffee too! I love the little nose prints that are all over our car windows and windows of our front door at home! It reminds that Dart is always nearby! I hope that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this list! The baby ducks are so cute. I love your new top! Way to kick butt on your fitness goals!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those baby ducks are the cutest!! And thanks to this post I know I have to step it up and use my FitBit more aka walk more. My step count needs improvement, haha! And who doesn't like Zumba?! Loving it, unfortunately I can't find a proper class near me and it makes me so sad. :( Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. well i'm off to follow that celeste chick. and um, rolos and house hunters sounds AMAZING i want to do that please.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love cold brewed coffee! I posted a tutorial on my blog a while ago, and I never thought about just using the coffee maker to filter it! Sounds so much easier than using cheesecloth!
    And that Instagram page is so funny!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Look at your three babies!! Love and I have so been adoring that old navy print this year!! Baby ducks yay!! I raise my cold brew and wish you a weekend as wonderful as you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love cold brew all the way AND I think you're funny!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy weekend girl!! Love the pic of your man and pup! ;)
    A 3.5 hour meeting sounds a little BS. And first thing in the morning? Come on!! Zzzzz! Thank goodness for Starbucks.
    The baby ducks are adorable. And I'm kinda jealous of your Zumba-ing. I don't Zumba but I love watching the older ladies in class and there's one woman that is autistic that does the class and she rocks it!!! I'm not allowed to do my usual BP, shred and combat classes since I've had whiplash. I'm getting better, but not quite there. I've been a slouch tho, I've lost about 6 lbs of muscle!! :-| !!
    I'm off to go read your comedy gold, aka your recap. Have a great weekend girl! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mmmm I love Starbucks cold brew coffee! Good choice! I already said this before but I love those bralettes & think I need to get some of those now. Especially since they are racer back because I have a lot of tank tops that are like that also. I hate when I buy something & then they go on sale like that! So frustrating, haha. That is awesome about the old lady at Zumba! There is an older lady that goes to Body Pump once in awhile & she usually packs on more weight than anyone else in the class! I hope I'm still shape like that when I'm her age, haha. Awwww, I love those baby ducks! Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I also love that shirt. Being pregnant leaves me dressing kind of like a hobo. Which is fine because if we're being honest, the times I look like I have it together are pretty rare and people ask if I'm doing something big or if there is a funeral. Apparently, I can no longer wear clean shirts and ironed pants without drawing suspicion. And Zumba!!! I love Zumba!! I used to go to one held in the basement of a church with a bunch of old ladies. Total confidence booster. I left feeling like Shakira or J. Lo every night.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Haha I think I'm funny, too! Glad we have that confidence ;) I feel like Michael looks so different with short hair! And your dogs are so sweet, even with their paw prints and accidents in the car ha!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Brain on Fire is on my to read list.
    Celeste Barber's Instagram pics are hilarious!!! I wish I'd thought of that first.

    ReplyDelete
  32. It was tough for me to start writing thank you notes but once I started, I ended up doing all of them in one sitting because I got on a roll and the words just flowed out! But serious hand cramp though haha!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have been loving iced coffee. I'm obsessed with Starbucks iced caramel macchiatos. And to think that I always thought that iced coffee would taste weird.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Girl, I almost bought that shirt you're wearing like 8 times because clearly Old Navy is the best store ever and I'm obsessed. Also, I'll need to try an cold brew now that I know it exists. And House Hunters all night is best thing to do on any night. Well done, you. & I just added that book to my "to read" list. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm a weird one. I truly dislike Starbucks coffee. I'll get them once in awhile if there is nothing else and I desperately need coffee. But it has to have flavoring in it. Like a lot. And i'm crazy sad because my Fred Meyer is getting rid of it's Seattle's Best and getting a Starbucks. Welp, didn't need my daily coffee after all lol. Anyway, that said. I'm a sucker for Americanos. I get a white chocolate and caramel grande Americano with half flavors and no cream or whip almost everyday. So amazing.

    Hey, at least you're doing your thank you notes. Late is better than never!

    DUCKIES

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your dogs and husband are so cute! I love that pic. What a cute little army you got at home. Love the story of the pups nose prints in the car, ha. aw. And I'm not that much into cold brew but will have it every now and again and sometimes it's just sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Her instagram is so funny. Thanks for sharing. I saw some baby ducks this weekend too. So cute. I love that top you got! And I always need cold brew on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete