Northwest Native: Confessions: All About Boobs, Apparently

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Confessions: All About Boobs, Apparently

Last week, I accidentally wore two different earrings and didn't realize until the next day. Yep, I put them in that morning, took them out before the gym and put them in a pouch in my purse, and the next morning I decided to clear the jewelry out of that pouch for the first time in weeks and noticed. It was these (but the large size, naturally, so more noticeable); I wore one gold and one multi. #trendsetter

This guy at work (a few of them I think, actually) constantly refer to women as 'chicks' (not to their face, but talking about them). I didn't think people really used that word anymore. Am I crazy or are they still living in 2005? #wut #lastIcheckedI'mnotabird

via GIPHY

You guys, I went braless last week. I know. As chairwoman and CEO a member of the IBTC (itty bitty titty committee, if you're confused), it used to always frustrate me when magazines told you what to wear for your body type (see my thoughts on that here) and say that us gals with small chests could just rock anything braless. I don't really need much support, but my issue is everyone seeing my nips through my shirt. That is something I avoid like the plague. I put on one of my dresses before my bra was on to see if my underwear would show through, and I was like, "Wait...maybe I could rock this." It is looser on top with a busy pattern and coloring, so my nips wouldn't show [it's making me really uncomfortable blogging the word 'nips,' but I think the word 'nipple' would make me even more uncomfortable, so I apologize]. I bent over in front of a mirror to test whether you could see down it, and you couldn't... So I just went for it. And while I was a little uneasy mentally throughout the day, I was so. dang. comfortable physically. #freetheboobies #morelikefreethemosquitobites

via GIPHY

Speaking of nips, I have to mention one of the tattoo artists we went to. He used the word 'nipple' at least eight times. It was like he was in a bet with someone to see how many times he could slip it into conversation. He told us about how painful his tattoo across his abdomen was, and how every spot hurt so bad that he thought, "Oh that has to be my nipple," then, "No wait, that is definitely my nipple," and then finally, the tattoo artist actually got to his nipple and it was soooo painful. And then he was telling us about how his dog 'corn cobs' him (like nibbles on him--Tully does that, especially on our comforter) and how one time she got his nipple and then bit down HARD. And then he just said "nipple nipple nipple" to get it out there a few more times. #thelastsentenceisalie #buthemightaswellhave #hewashilariousthough

I just realized from writing this post that I'm fine with saying 'nipples' unless I'm referring to my own. Is that weird? Blogging teaches you so much about yourself. #themoreyouknow

We stayed with my mom last weekend and I forgot to pack a bra. Yep, apparently not wearing a bra for one day just turned me off of them for life. Actually, I took a long walk after work on Friday to get a workout in and didn't change, so I was wearing a sports bra, and I forgot to pack a regular one. Good thing I just packed t-shirts to wear. #sportyspice

I finally got my rings soldered together over the weekend. After we dropped them off I had a thought and panicked. "How do they know which one I wear on top?! They didn't ask me!!!" Then I realized my rings are symmetrical and I can just flip it over and wear it either way... #airhead

via GIPHY


Lastly, here is an actual text I sent. Michael is still the one who constantly says, "Let's have a baby!" but I have my moments of weakness too. And watching the cutest little one and a half year old wave and say 'hi' to a potato bug (some of you may call them 'rolly pollies') is one of those moments. #babyfever
Linking up with Laura and Lauren for #HashtagHumpday...
...and Nadine and Kathy for Confessions!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

25 comments:

  1. Why is it that no one says anything? I wore a shirt inside out a few weeks ok and no one said anything! Haha. Also, I've literally worn bras under bras just to hold these puppies in so definitely rock going braless if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha on the soldering the rings! The nice thing is you can switch how you wear them. I use to wear the wedding band on top and then when I got them back after soldering I switched to the more "traditional" look, I say that because I think either looks great it just really depends on the person.

    Also, on the IBTC, I feel you girl! I'm not small like chestless, but I'm a lot smaller than I look in the pictures (thank you bras), so I think people think I'm huge, when in fact I'm really not. Although here is where I'm different, I actually really love wearing bras. I can put money in there, credit cards, cause you know I've got so much room in there (actually kidding on the money and credit cards, I do hold things in there, but not things that other people may have to touch after me).

    I'm sooo guilty on calling people chicks...I do it all the time, although I've picked up lady or miss whatever now that Sophie is talking more.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I wish I could get away with going braless. Most days I enjoy my boobs, but sometimes I just want to be able to go unconstrained. Hahaha! I'm totally uncomfortable with the words nips and nipples. Haha... I accidentally just typed "nipps" though, and I think that's an ok word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his response to your text - lol no :) haha... such a man answer.
    You are probably going to get the weirdest blog traffic for people googling 'nipples' :) haha... I was cracking up at all the boob talk today.
    Good for you going braless. I had to take Ricky to the ER one night & just got up & went - so no bra... it was the most awkward I felt my entire life. I am not a part of the IBTC AT ALL... so when the sun started rising & people from church started visiting - I ran over to Target to get something. I can only stand with my arms crossed for so long & avoid hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny that you wore mismatching earrings but I bet people thought it was just the style or something sicne they were both glittery! I have that pair in multicolor and I just bought my sister the gold pair for a graduation present when Kate spade was having their sale last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The earring thing makes you wonder if no one noticed or if no one said anything! haha maybe they just thought it was on purpose! I went braless a few times in the winter because when you're wearing layers and chunky sweaters no one can tell anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could never ever go braless. I even wear sports bras to sleep most nights because ouch if I dont. I envy those who can rock that because there are so many tops that could never work for me and my huge contraption that I have to wear to support these suckers. Haha! And I am weird about saying nipple if it is in reference to me as well. So clearly that is a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I applaud your bralessness! I kind of have to wear a bra for support, but I think I would be mortified to go out braless just because I would know I wasn't wearing a bra and I would feel like other people could somehow tell or just KNOW it too. Like a Spidey sense. haha. Stupid bras. And that earring thing would totally happen to me except that I will wear the same pair of (small) earrings for months at a time. My laziness is my only saving grace there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always tell people when I see them wearing two different earrings or missing one, etc, because I'd want them to tell me too! And I'm a member of the IBTC too, but don't feel comfortable not wearing a bra unless I'm sleeping or showering- definitely not out in public. The fear of high beams is real since I'm almost always cold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So you are getting some baby thoughts!! And the earrings. You were staring something, right, haha. Your a trendsetter!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tattoo artist sounds hilarious! I never get why people don't say anything if you have something mismatched. I had forgotten to take a tag off and walked around all day at work like that. I didn't realize it until I was about to throw the shirt in the laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i wish i could get away with no bra. like so bad. and i'm team potato bug.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have ginormous boobs. I still go braless sometimes. Not often. But sometimes, the sisters want to be free. And, I don't even care. So, I say do it (if the outfit is appropriate)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wear sweatshirts with no bra all the time ;) Maybe I'll survey the workers at Target next time I'm there, because that's usually the state I'm in when I'm shopping there haha! Glad to see you posting again -- I've been thinking about you alot! Hope all is well with your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I wish I could get away with not wearing a bra. Mine aren't ginormous or anything but people would probably notice if I didn't have any support going on. I hate wearing regular bras so I like to wear bralettes (with cups) instead. How awkward of your tattoo guy just talking about nipples all the time?! Maybe you'll start a new trend with the earrings?! Like, remember when having two earrings in one ear & one earring in the other was popular? I don't know why but that just made me think of that, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your confession posts! I'm with you, talking about nipples is only weird when I'm referring to my own. We had a class on pediatric swallowing disorders last week, and I kid you not, the guest speaker said nipple over 35 times! Anyways, it's a weird word!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I had noticed your earrings I probably would have complimented you for mixing them up, thinking you had done it on purpose (although I wouldn't actually purposely do that either haha). I'm super jealous about the braless thing though, I definitely could not pull that off. I also actually laughed at your exchange with Michael, the "lol no" was just too great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahahaha OMG girl you are too funny!!! Nips definitely sounds better than full out nipple haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have not heard the word chicks in yeeears.
    and i totally did the soldering ring thing as well and then i had to ask them which one i wore on top when i picked them up.
    hey i'm a member of the ibtc as well and i totally call bullshit on the no bra thing as well for the same reason. i do however, go braless often, but only when i wear a 'bra top cami' or whatever. so rarely under dresses. they don't know what they are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so jealous of your bralessness. I dropped my roommate off somewhere the other night and knew I wasn't getting out of the car, so I just went in my jammies without a bra and I felt SO self-conscious about it, even though there was a 0% chance anyone would see me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super funny about the rings. I get it! I'd probably say the same weird thing. Also, I by no means have huge boobs (by no means) but I do need support on them as I notice when I try to do anything more than a walk without a bra. So I actually really like a bra on when I'm out in the world. But at home, it cannot come off fast enough. That's awesome you have some options that cover nipples. That's definitely a downside of being braless. Love the Rachel gif, lol. We saw her nipples as much as we saw her.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Going braless definitely wouldn't work for me, but if I could, I totally would. So I'm glad you found a top that it worked with! :)

    Aww, little kids can be so cute! It's good you guys can balance each other out when you start talking about kids before you're really ready. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would LOVE to go braless!! I bought a strapless bra the other day and feel like I'm going to have a hard time breathing in it. But I gotta keep mine (they are the opposite of itty bitty) in check. Haha! How awkward with the tattoo guy saying nipple so much! I don't know that I would have been able to keep a straight face.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw this really massive boobed woman the other day that was braless and for a hot minute I thought cool, until I almost got knocked out by then walking past her. Bahaha! Some people... Just no.
    I'm currently braless and loving it. Hahahah I'm so strange

    ReplyDelete
  25. hahah dudeeee pregnancy= giant boobs grow and I ONLY wear sports bras now. I need to try on a bralette cause guaranteed they WILL change my life. I wonder if your use of Nipple will be picked up on SEO and lots of freaky guys will find this post and leave disappointed hahaha also I 100% agree with Michael- get pregnant and have a baby ;) haha pressure pressure pressure!! But really, whenever you guys decide to bring a cutie to this earth, I'll be here to write endless comments of how excited I am for you!

    ReplyDelete