Northwest Native: My Happy List [3.11.16]

Friday, March 11, 2016

My Happy List [3.11.16]

Time for another ten things that made me happy this week! Linking up with Krysten & Lindsay and AndreaErika, & Narci.

Number One: Local Coffee

Michael and I went to two cute local coffee shops over the weekend (no pictures, womp womp). We went to Lionheart on Saturday morning. It was my second time (first time was when I met Stephanie!) and his first. I got an iced caramel latte and it was great. Sunday morning we went to Driftwood, which is super close to our apartment. I got an iced Rolo mocha (so chocolate and caramel--yes, I love iced coffee with caramel) and Michael got a honey lavender latte and holy smokes it's all I can think about. I absolutely would've gotten one this week on my way to work if the location was convenient for it at all, but it's not. On my list this weekend (and every subsequent weekend): get a honey lavender latte from Driftwood!

Number Two: Local Food

On Saturday morning, coffee in hand, we headed to the Beaverton farmer's market. We actually went in the summer one day when we were scoping out places to live and happened to stumble upon it. It's every Saturday in the summer, and every other Saturday in the winter. We got ingredients to make dinner and I swear it all just tasted about twenty times better than stuff from the grocery store. The onion we bought was about the size of my head, and so good. We also bought some green chorizo, green onions, and mini potatoes. Michael is a soup master, so he made us a delicious creamy chorizo and potato soup. It was a little bit spicy from the chorizo. I could handle it, but kind of wish it was a tiny bit less spicy. It was so so good, and the only non-local ingredients used were the cream and the olive oil the chorizo was cooked in.


Number Three: Suckers

Michael and I keep buying these dang suckers at the grocery store. We really shouldn't because we may as well just be eating spoonfuls of sugar, but dang, they're good. Strawberry banana wasn't my favorite flavor of the ones I had, it's just the one I took a picture of.

Number Four: No More Office

When I transferred to the Portland branch, I was given an office. My first office ever. I felt super important and it was nice because I could run my heater constantly and I had a window and I could obnoxiously eat my apples in a secluded area. They just hired someone with a fancier job than me (he started on Monday), so I had to move to a cubicle. I actually like it a lot better, because the office was isolating. Now I get to sit next to the only other woman in the office and we get to complain about stuff together (I hadn't gotten to know her at all before moving to the cubicle) and I can also eavesdrop on stuff that people are saying. #nosy


Number Five: Blogger Love!

Two mornings this week I got Twitter notifications that two other awesome bloggers had shared posts of mine! Lexi shared this post and Julie shared this one and you guys...both of them called me funny. One of my favorite things ever is people thinking I'm funny. If you think I'm funny, I want to be your best friend (other ways to become my best friend: buy me coffee, chocolate, or baked goods). [Don't worry, I'll also be someone's best friend for non-superficial reasons.] I am now vowing to share my favorite posts more. I love when bloggers round up some of their favorite posts and blog about them, and I also really need to start using Twitter more, so I hope to actually remember to get to sharing posts. (Also go check out Lexi's blog (she just moved from Colorado to Sacramento, finally ending the long-distance part of her relationship, annnd her job sounds fabulous) and Julie's blog (she just had a baby boy and he is so so precious!).

Number Six: Lace-Up Flats

I mentioned these flats in this post, and I didn't wait very long to buy them (online, so I don't have them yet; actually I got them last night and didn't even open the box yet!). This is a horrible picture, because I haphazardly pushed up my jeans and tied the flats and only took the picture to text to my mom (hi, Mom!) and show Michael even though I knew he wouldn't care at all.
The shoes and boxes all over the floor were not my doing, I promise. That silver shoe with the black toe is the pair I was wearing, everything else, not my fault! I really should've asked this before buying, but if you own a pair of lace-up shoes, can you tell me if they stay up? Like am I constantly going to be retying these? Are the strings going to end up pooled at the bottom of my ankles? I must know.

Number Seven: Crockpot Tuesday

We made this delicious (healthy!) crockpot butter chicken that Nadine shared for our new Crockpot Tuesday ritual. It was soo good! We ate it over rice and had dinner for both Tuesday and Thursday! You could also just make the sauce and pour it over anything without using the crockpot!

Number Eight: A little pick-me-up.

Michael had a bad day on Wednesday. I had a pretty annoying day too, considering it was my third week in a row at the vet (a follow-up for Tully) and it cost me $156. For those following along at home, that's three appointments in three weeks at around $700. Anyway, our dinner was leftover soup, but there wasn't that much, and since I knew Michael was down I suggested Burgerville (my favorite fast food chain ever--but it's Northwest only). Michael got a lettuce wrap burger, we shared rosemary fries (I drive by this BV four times to and from work every day and every time I saw them on the sign I desperately wanted to try them) and I got my favorite milkshake of all time, a mocha perk.

Number Nine: Things We Watched

I finally got to see Room and now I love Brie Larson even more. They did a great job being true to the book. It was super emotional. We also watched both episodes of The Family last night and I'm a huge fan. I need to know what happened/happens. And I love Matt Saracen (Friday Night Lights character) so I'm pretty excited the same actor plays the older brother.

Number Ten: This picture.

D'awwwwwww.


Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

36 comments:

  1. It's 4:00AM and I want iced coffee and a milkshake. I think a frozen mocha it is????? I can't believe how much the vet cost you either. Yikes. Hope the pups are okay now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love caramel in my coffee too!! And I really want a pair of lace-up flats and have definitely stalked that Target pair online! #twinning I'll need a full review, haha. I also can relate to the office-cube struggle back at my old job. They initially stuck me in an office while freeing up a cube for me and I LOVED IT. The window! The ability to eat and be weird privately! Buuuut it's hard to be social and make friends when you're tucked away on your own. So I know that feel! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey lavender latte sounds wonderful. I love a good burger place. We have Five Guys and their fries are the best. And it's always good to end with a puppy picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Literally my only motivation to watch The Family was because Matt Saracen is in it. lol.
    I am also a big fan of local coffee. Where me and my fiancé live in florida has no local coffee. it's either starbucks or dunkin'. I'll still get it from time to time, but a little part of me dies inside each time :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, your pup! Such a bummer about yet another vet visit. :( That local coffee sounds amazing! I have never heard of honey lavender. Those lace-up flats look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Puppy pictures are the. best. I can never get enough. My son is doomed because I bet he will be even cuter than my dog ;) I have the same thoughts about lace-up flats so please let me know what you discover! I tried some on from a local boutique last night and they were super affordable but I kept thinking about if they would stay up and it was after work so my pregnant feet were a little swollen - not cute. Anyhoo, love those target ones, too! Hope you have a great weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man... I have my own office and they will have to pry my cold dead hands from the door frame if they ever plan to kick me out :) I have space and privacy and a windows that looks out on the town square.
    If I need to eavesdrop I go to the break room and peel and orange :) Haha! I love that picture of your puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That milkshake looks amazing! I want one right now! And I have a pair of lace up flats and I love them. Occasionally they come untied but not on a regular basis or to the point where it'd be annoying. Just don't tie them too tight or you'll have marks on your feet for the rest of the day lol! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those suckers are so good! In HS we used to sell them for charity and I saw them in a store last weekend and bought a few :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm drooling over the thought of those coffees!

    I didn't know they still even made those suckers! They used to sell them at the checkout at Canadian Tire and I would always make my mom buy me one. I'll have to look the next time I'm there and see if they still have them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh man. I feel ya - vet bills have been piling on us with Bruno lately. These little fur babies. What we do for love.
    I love local coffee too... & would love local food but my hubs is so weird about little local shops. He wants the 'known' places. I hate that sometimes.
    I used to love suckers, but with all my dental woes lately, I stay away from anything hard. Drats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your list!!! I want that milkshake!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gotta love coffee! I plan on taking a walk to get some local coffee after work today. I think I need a milkshake this weekend and I should probably make it an adult milkshake, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list. I love coffee, and local coffee is even better. That milkshake looks so good! I think the lace up flats look great on you. Not sure what I would like them for myself, but I said that with skinny jeans and now I rock them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, so I have never liked coffee and just stopped trying it because ew. BUT THEN my friend that was just in town had me try a caramel latte and YUM! And now I didn't even know you could get an iced latte!!! WHAT?!

    Lace up flats for the win. Forever and always. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those flats are super cute! I love the idea of Crockpot Tuesdays too, I may need to borrow that one! I was drooling over that recipe too. Sounds delish, and easy! Blogger love is the best :) Happy weekend, hope Tully is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i want those dang lace up flats. too cute. i love local coffee too. wish there was somewhere closer to where i live to get it. it ends up being an occasional treat that way. have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry about the doggie! Vet bills are expensive! Also, loooove Burgerville (more than in n out, shh, don't tell my local Californians!) Rosemary fries? Yum, I miss their food!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Local food is my fav! And crock pot Tuesdays is an awesome idea!

    So glad you've been getting so much blogger love lately. You deserve it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You sound funny, link up at my parties on Tuesday and Thursday and let's get to know one another. Still live and going strong. Love to get to know you. The office/cubicle thing, I get that. No better way to get the scoop then being out there in the open. Visiting from Girls Are Weird linkup today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those lace ups are so cute! I remember getting those suckers all the time as a kid and they were too big for my mouth. Haha! Watermelon and Root Beer (float, I think?) were my favorites. I haven't used my crock pot in months. I think I need a designated day like you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love local food and coffee! It makes me heart happy to know that you're eating something that's locally sourced! And sometimes you just need a weeknight date to get yourself out of a funk! That burger chain sounds fantastic, along with that shake! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're giving me flashbacks to the lavender latte I had in Vancouver last summer. So good...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your sleeping dog picture is adorable. :-)
    I lurve those shoes. I need to purchase some shoes in the near future. That and bathing suits for July.
    Have a fabulous weekend girlfriend ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. We have a farmer's market like that starting up sometime this spring & it's just down the street from our apartment. Have we ever been to it? Nope. But now I'm really wanting to go just to try some more local foods! I think it would be so hard to leave an office & go to a cubicle! But I can see how it would be isolating. I've been in cubeville for a few years now & it kind of drives me crazy. But my office can be loud & distracting at times so it's really annoying! I hope Tully is feeling better after all those vet trips! You guys totally deserved a night out with some comfort food. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Honey Lavender Latte?? I am intrigued!!! Sounds interesting and delightful. I love the shoes!!! SO cute!! I grabbed a pair of tassel sandals yesterday and now I am thinking I need to go back. So glad you guys liked the butter chicken! It was a good recipe! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your lace up flats are to die for. Seriously adorable. Loving them big time.

    I seriously need to go to Portland. I've been in Bremerton for 4 years now and have never made it to Oregon even once. Yeah, that needs to happen this year.

    I heard Room was amazing. I still need to read the book. I own it and haven't even read it. Oy.

    That picture. Awwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are SO AWESOME! Thank you for that amazing shout out! I love your posts because you're funny (yes, yes I would love to be best friends with you) and real. I feel so honored to be mentioned in the blog love. And as for Twitter, I felt like it was rocket science for a long time. While I'm still learning, I gotta say Helene's Triple Your Twitter (http://bit.ly/1RWBbPZ) has seriously helped me (and with my marketing career too).

    Also, I really want to see Room but am afraid to watch it because I just know it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster. Maybe time to suck it up and go through with it? Glad to hear you loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay for awesome blogger friends that give your posts shoutouts!! and you ARE funny haha so there's another vote for that! :) I LOVE the crockpot so much!!! Literally the best invention ever and easiest way to make a fancy dinner in like 5 minutes of prep time. Oh and seriously farmers markets are my jam, I LOVE them and they really DO taste better!!
    xo C

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have those shoes! They stay tied, for me!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That iced Rolo mocha sounds wonderful! Love the flats!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I dont' have an office, I would love for a cubicle! Something that's mine I just have a desk in the open.

    Blog love is great!! It's so nice when someone else recognizes us!

    I love your flats. Even though I'm not a big fan of the pointed foot.

    Burgers and fries always pick me up! Looks like a great way to end a night.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my goodness! I walked by those flats this week and thought, hmm I have to try them on! I can't wait to go back! Also, a honey lavender latte, sounds so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awww that puppy picture!! I work in cubicle land, too. So hard not to eavesdrop all day! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. ooooh pretty flats! i don't own any so i don't know, but do share once you know. mmm burgers. yay for blogging love! and duh of course you are funny. now i want a sucker. or a lollipop as i call them haha.

    ReplyDelete
  36. You have a great attitude about moving to a cubicle -- I'd be a little miffed! I'll soon have my own office (because I have to be the boss...of the whole company), my very first -- but I know it's temporary so I'm going to try hard not to get too spoiled.

    Snoozing pups are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete