Northwest Native: Confessions: The one with the gross eating GIFs (you're welcome).

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Confessions: The one with the gross eating GIFs (you're welcome).

I keep taking random days off from blogging. I think it's mostly because I get super behind on replying to comments and I try to get caught up over the weekend. If I'm not caught up, I don't want to post on Monday. Plus, I don't know what to post on Mondays beside weekend recaps, and I feel like most of our weekends don't make for entertaining posts. As for the other days off...I just don't know what to post, I'm too lazy to write a post, or again, I'm behind on replying comments and don't want to add any more. #lazyblogger #fullinbox

Remember how I mentioned we had chocolate chip pancakes last Sunday? Well, I went to buy said bag of chocolate chips that very morning just for pancakes. It was gone by Tuesday. And yet I have Thin Mints in my freezer that have been there for over two weeks now... #chocoholic #cleaneating #whole30 #paleo #lol

I put lotion on my arms every day, because I have that gross thing that I always forget the name of (Keratosis Pilaris, thanks Google!) and I am delusional and think it helps (it doesn't). Anyway, I used the last of my Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte from Bath & Body Works but I needed more...so I pulled out my pomegranate lotion. I smelled like a Marshmallow Pumpkin Pomegranate Latte all day. #yum?

This is the saddest confession of them all. You know my beloved Starbucks mug with the gold leopard print (featured here)? Welp, there was some Starbucks coffee in one of those cardboard jugs in the kitchen at work and when you usually drink watery Folger's you JUMP on that... I absentmindedly stuck it in the microwave...and remembered two seconds in (while popping noises were happening) that it's not microwave safe. Luckily I didn't hurt myself or blow up the microwave or burn the building down...but a few (not all) of the gold leopard spots have weird crack/line things in them now and it makes me sad. #sorrymug #Istillloveyouandthinkyou'rebeautiful

In that last confession, I typed 'remembered' as 'remembereded' and it made me think of how they would talk in Rugrats or something. #remembereded #Rugrats #toddlerspeak

I ordered four things from Old Navy recently and for the life of me could only remember three of them. I had to look it up to figure it out. Luckily the thing I forgot (a super cute dress!) is something I really like, but it makes me feel like my shopping is out of hand if I can't even remember what I buy... #shopaholic #twoholichashtagsinonepost

I'm a pretty big fan of apples. I bring them to work and eat them as a snack, unsliced. Let me tell you, I am sooo ladylike when I eat apples...not. I feel like I always take huge bites and then it's really hard to keep it all in, and then there's juice dripping everywhere...basically, it isn't a pretty picture. And I just had to move out of my office into a cubicle, so my apple-eating is now even more on display for the office. #they'rewelcome #buyanappleslicerfortheofficeifitbothersyou

I text 'holla' a lot. Thinking about it, it's honestly kind of embarrassing how often I use it. The reason I know I use it a lot is because at some point I wrote it in all caps, so now every single time I text 'holla,' it autocorrects to 'HOLLA.' 99.9% of the time I'm way too lazy to fix it. (Yes, even clicking the little 'x' to stop the autocorrect from happening at all is too much effort.) So basically I send overenthusiastic texts alllll the time. #autocorrectfail #hollaismyfavoriteword

I feel like every time I start working out again (yeah...I tend to take long hiatuses in between) I start to sweat more. Like, lately sweat has been dripping into my eyes and blinding me. I tell myself it's because my metabolism is faster so I sweat more. Is this even a thing? #sweatingprofusely #mypooreyes

Is it really that hard to comprehend 'windows' in a workout class where you face towards a mirror and follow an instructor? Maybe people who didn't do dance don't know, but you're supposed to stagger yourselves so everyone can see themselves in the mirror. Tell that to the lady who walked in and promptly stood directly in front of me, when she could've stood three feet over and been out of my way. #seriously? #rageblackouts #OCreference

Lastly, my Fitbit decided to freak out and give me zero steps for last Friday, so when I see my weekly step total I get really bitter and have to remind myself that I missed out on a whole day. #takingittooseriously #Fitbit4lyfe

Linking up with Laura and Lauren for #HashtagHumpday...
...and Nadine and Kathy for Confessions!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

35 comments:

  1. First, sweating more the more in shape you are is totally a real thing! Second, I did the same thing to one of those initial mugs from Anthro this morning! I have to reheat my coffee 10x in a morning so these types of cups are cute, but just sooo not practical for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are absolutely hysterical and do not ever apologize for blogging breaks when they are punctuated by confession posts (altho "boring" weekend recaps would be cool too). There's so much relatable stuff here but my favorite is the texting holla. I might start doing that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I totally LOL'd at your Marshmallow Pumpkin Pomegranate Latte comment. AND the visual of the apple-eating. I will be posting my confessions tomorrow.. I better start listing them! :)
    www.thepetersonsonamsdenway.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah I love the Rugrats reference. I totally get what you're saying there!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!!! Those gifs, so hilarious yet also so gross haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate sweating... It's why I dislike working out and summer. Haha. But I hate cold-sweat even more and it seems like my feet are always clammy and cold. Ugh. Body probs, right? Haha.
    I like to think that my lotion makes a difference with my eczema but I don't think it does... ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay, when someone stands directly in front of me during a workout class i want to smack them. i get it if it's super busy and there is nowhere else to stand, but i have had people do it when i was the first one in and they were the second. wtf?!
    RUGRATS! <3 loved that show.
    poor starbucks mug :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I type haha a lot and I hate when autocorrect makes it HAHA. I'm like, the sentence wasn't that funny, c'mon. Also I always sweat so bad when I workout that if I'm at home I'll wear a sweatband even though it looks stupid so that I don't get sweat in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FYI - I think sweat has to do with hormones - so I bet all that baby name figuring out is getting those hormones pumping :) haha
    HOLLA! I had to... I'll say it a few times for you today.
    I love when I order stuff & forget what I got - its like a Christmas present for myself when it comes in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so with you on blogging. I was doing so bad and my reader was piling up, I finally just marked everything as read and I'm starting fresh. I also having an online shopping problem. Sometimes when Amazon packages arrive I can't remember what's inside!

    I have KP too! My dermatologist prescribed 12% ammonium lactate lotion that's free of everything. You can buy it in stores too, it's just double the cost for me that way. I also use Dermadoctor KP Scrub once a week. The bumps are gone, but the redness is still there. Grrr... Sorry for the unsolicited advice! Haha! I just thought I'd share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ive done a few posts on what helps KP, if you want products that actually work. i give a lot of suggestions. i never do recaps because i always share that stuff on Insta or snapchat, so it feels redundant. i know a lot of ppl love doing them, so that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just came across your blog (from Donna @ Grace and Galoshes) and this entire list is me right down to the eating gifs (because who can't get down with Bruce & Nick? Let's get real). Let's be best friends.

    I also have some weird skin conditions, mostly eczema, that I don't take care of like I should and I end up putting on weirdo lotion combos since nothing works anyway. & that happens to me the most when I shop at Old Navy which incidentally is the only store I shop at since I have an obsession so this happens a lot. And the item I always forget is the one I'm most excited about too! Why does this happen? I send overly enthusiastic texts for the.same.reason. And when I do remember to wear my fitbit I am the exact same way. I get real serious about it which is obnoxious since I'm not nearly as serious about anything else fitness related. I probably should be though. Eh.

    Also, your whole30 and paleo hashtags are the best hashtags and make me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It never occurred to me. But I eat apples just like you described & so I'm pretty sure now that my co-workers must hate me.

    Also "Marshmallow Pumpkin Pomegranate Latte" is what I feel like everytime I come out of Bath & Bodyworks because I try on pretty much every lotion there. And run out of room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's the worst when you FitBit doesn't register your steps for the day or when you forget to wear it and you lose your steps! At least your coffee mug wasn't ruined! I'm always so worried that I'm going to end up putting something in the microwave one day and blow something up because it's not microwave safe! I totally know what you mean about having a full inbox! I love getting comments, but it always takes me so long to respond to comments because I want to write something meaningful back, so I'll generally spend all evening responding!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I look like a redneck house wife, but I wear a bandanna over my hair anytime I work out. Not only does it hold the wispies off my face, it also absorbs the sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no! Your poor mug! I hate when I do stuff like that!

    And a huge bummer that your Fitbit didn't record Friday's steps! My sister and I are always competing on Fitbit challenges so I would've been really upset about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...posted too soon...

      I definitely know what you mean about taking the Fitbit numbers too seriously. I usually have great numbers Monday-Friday because I make a point to go to the gym, but weekends... not so much. So my whole weekly number is always skewed to what feels "low" because I don't go to the gym on the weekend. Anyway, all that said - I totally would've been upset about losing a day of steps too!

      Delete
  17. I can not keep a bag of chocolate chips in the house. But I do not like to buy them in bulk because I am crazy about cleanliness. My fitbit does not work any more but I was obsessed with the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel your pain with your starbucks mug! But at least it wasn't ruined. I once dropped mine on the kitchen floor and it shattered all over the place. I have the Alice & Olivia one and now I won't use it because I'm scared I will break it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That first gif made me burst out laughing - and feel gross at the same time haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. soooo i used to have KP as well (ew, hated it) and when i cut out grains, IT WENT AWAY. i was seriously floored by that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, I would be sad about the Starbucks mug too. I feel your FitBit pain. I spent a Saturday walking around Chicago with Chris recently (definitely over 10 miles), but for some reason it didn't record any steps, and I was super upset! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm always putting cream on too! I have eczema and can't seem to avoid the constant dry skin. Hollaaaaaa!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  23. Same here with the chocolate chips! I buy them for my protein bars but I'm pretty sure I eat a handful of them every day... woops. That sucks about your mug! I had no idea that you couldn't put them in the microwave. :( It's so frustrating when someone stands right in front of you during a class! Especially if it isn't very busy & there are plenty of other places to go. I started just picking a spot in the front of the class instead!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol this cracked me up. When I was home for Christmas break I put one of my favorite mugs with gold metal detailing in the microwave too... It made for a lot of sparks and weird lines haha. Glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My whole life revolves around my FitBit - seriously. Obsessed!

    I have those bumps too and the ONLY thing that has ever helped is doing the Whole30. And that's not something I'm going to stick with all the time so I've learned to just live with it. Ughhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have mixed lotions before and I am probably the only one that smells it but man I feel off all day lol!!! So sad about your Starbucks mug. I put a mug in the microwave at work that has foil lettering on it and someone was like YOU SHOULDN'T DO THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BURN THE BUILDING DOWN!!! To be honest, I didn't even think about it...but I had been doing for the the last two and a half years and nothing has happened so meh. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have an adorable gold mug too that I didn't even think about the fact that it wasn't microwave safe until I heard the popping. So annoying and sad! lol to your apple eating!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are awesome confessions. I love them. I have mixed lotions before and smelt bad. So bad that I had to use soap and wash my arms in the sink. Been there, done that. I would be so mad if my Garmin quit working right and didn't record my steps. So mad!

    ReplyDelete
  29. "She suffers from rage blackouts!!" hahaha yesssss. I'm so sad about your mug! It was so indescribably beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lol, your confessions are the best. Holla lol. My favorite autocorrect is whenever I text Johns Mom, Patty, my phone always changes it to "Party" no matter how many times I correct it, so I finally just gave up lol. So if I text John and say "Party called" he just knows what I mean now lol. I think you need to eat the thin mints for the love of god, and I'd like to know what this cute old navy dress is.

    ReplyDelete
  31. SO MUCH, but yes yes yes to when you're working out and NOT to get in front of someone. I was never a dancer, but I feel like it is just common sense. Oh that irks me!

    ReplyDelete
  32. i hate how most starbucks mugs aren't microwavable or even dishwasher safe...like where is the technology for this?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my gosh you are hilarious! Your poor Starbucks mug! At least it's not ruined. Love the #OCreference. Definitely one of my favorites shows!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Did you consider trading with the #1 Bitcoin exchange service - YoBit.

    ReplyDelete