Northwest Native: Wedding Wednesday: Reception - Part 2

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wedding Wednesday: Reception - Part 2

Today I'm finishing up talking about our reception! You can read Part 1 here!

We had our first dance to Only Love by Ben Howard. I may be biased, but it's a really great song. :)

We did a combined father/daughter and mother/son dance. We danced to I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack. I also split the song and danced with my father first and dad (stepdad) second. My dad just had his foot amputated over the summer, so I didn't really know how the dance would go. He stood up and put his walker around me and everyone in the room laughed. I was not expecting that! It worked though! That picture of Michael hugging his mom made me tear up writing this. She was diagnosed with breast cancer just before Christmas in 2014 so their dance was a very emotional moment.
 
The bouquet toss pictures aren't the greatest but must be included. My best friend and maid of honor caught it!

And what's a reception post without a few action shots? Pretty sure in the picture of Michael where he has one hand up he was dancing to Watch Me by Silento. In the first picture my sister-in-law was breaking it down and it was the best. And I can only hope that that bottom picture is from Party in the USA.

I'm linking up with Macy for Wedding Wednesday.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

19 comments:

  1. Mother/son dances make me cry EVERY SINGLE TIME. I made it through my entire wedding without a tear... until my husband danced with his mom. Ugh. Every time.
    I love the venue- those brick walls are so trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg tearing up during this post!! how sweet and precious!! and such happiness, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh - the walker around you - so precious. Glad it worked out!
    Father/ daughter & mother/son dances always choke me up... like BIG TIME choke up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I love your combined dances, what a great idea! And I love action shots, they were some of my fav from our wedding, we had so many funny ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful pictures!! I love how your dad put his walker around you, so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Action shots are great!!! What a beautiful wedding! You look so incredibly happy. That lighting is just spectacularly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much emotion captured in these pictures-- and your reception looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The walker around you is the sweetest thing! Love all the first dance/mother-son/daddy-daughter dance photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful photos and even more amazing memories behind each image. I love that your dad put his walker behind you, and that photo of Michael and his mom is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely have to include the bouquet toss in your reception photos! And all of the dance songs (first dance, mother/son, father/daughter) are always so emotional! That's awesome that y'all both danced to the same song and that you got to dance with both your father and your stepdad. It shows how important both of them are to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. During my wedding, my sister and Cameron's cousin danced to Watch Me during the reception. It was absolutely hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the ones with you dancing with your stepdad, and Michael dancing with his mother are the best, they show so much emotion from both of you and the love you share with them. Those pictures are definitely worth 1000 words.

    I love the rest of the dancing pictures y'all look like y'all are having so much fun!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these photos and the sweet memories they hold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you dad was all to have the father/daughter dance with you despite his foot situation. The walker around you is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your song :) I'm listening to it now! The pictures with your parents are the sweetest. Michael and his mom...so special. And I'm so glad you got to dance with your dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am also listening to your wedding song as I'm typing this... I've never heard it before but I love it! I think we have a song picked out but it has been SO hard to choose, haha. I love the pictures of you dancing with your dad! Your reception looks like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Reception action shots are the best! The picture of Michael with his hand up cracked me up, and the fact that he's possibly whipping and nae nae-ing makes it 1000 times better. And the way you and your stepfather danced incorporating his walker was genius!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the lace overlay on your dress! It has rustic vintage feel but a modern shape.. swoon! And you were glowing! Congrats on your special day, welcome to the wives club Lol :)

    www.LoveNiki.com

    ReplyDelete