Northwest Native: Stuff & Things [2.23.16]

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Stuff & Things [2.23.16]

Hello, friends. So, I was going to have this scheduled to post this morning...but yesterday afternoon/night was one of the worst I've had in a while. See for yourself!

I got off work at 2:30 and the sun was out, so that was nice...but the purpose was for a vet visit for both dogs. Taking just one of them is enough of a challenge, but one person taking both dogs is so hard. Then the appointment lasted an hour and a half and cost me $500. So that was fun.

I then had to go to the grocery store. It took me forever because I was trying to make sure I didn't forget anything plus trying to hit $100 because I had a coupon for $20 off $100. Annnd I didn't hit it so I ran to grab gluten free beer for Michael and then realized...alcohol doesn't qualify. So the transaction had to be voided and I had to go find more stuff.

I get home at 6:30 (Michael gets off at 7 and home around 7:15; I usually have dinner ready when he gets home) and start making spaghetti squash for the first time. I'm frantically trying to chop this thing in half (I poked holes and microwaved it and all that) and once I succeed, it's super lopsided, but whatever. Anyway, it gets done and it tastes good, but it takes a long time.

And then Flora pukes on our duvet while we're in bed because the vet gave her too many treats. So I strip the duvet, feel like crying because this day is so awful, and I pile it up to wash the next day. Then she pukes on our comforter, which we still have to sleep with because it's our only one. Yay. Then, she pees on the carpet at 11 p.m. She can usually go eight hours without peeing. I clean it up with another one of our ratty towels that we have for these dog accidents. Two hours later, I wake up at 1 a.m. to her peeing on the floor again!

And then I wake up at 2 a.m. to Tully peeing (she also always makes it through the night).

And then I wake up at 3 a.m. to Flora puking again.

And at this point we're out of towels for dog messes, and Flora didn't poop when I took her out this morning, so if I go home at lunch and there's a mess waiting for me, I will probably start sobbing and have to text my boss and say I need the rest of the day as a personal day.

I seriously wish I could just wipe that day from my memory. It was so exhausting both emotionally/mentally and physically.

So, now that you know that, here's the happy parts of the post.

------

Our weekend was so full that I didn't have time to write a weekend recap, and I think that's okay because I would've dragged on and on. So I decided I'll just do a more brief post about things lately. I would call it life lately, but it's more like life in the past couple days.

I mentioned that we had friends coming into town on Saturday. Michael lived with the two guys, Spencer and Blake his senior year (and I think a couple of years before). I came up to stay in Seattle with Michael pretty often, so I hung out with them and Spencer's girlfriend, Adrian, often. We found out on Friday that Blake's girlfriend would be able to come so we got to meet her for the first time. I won't bore you with details, but we did a lot of eating (and on Saturday night, drinking). On Saturday when we got out of the Uber, we saw this. Michael was super excited because his two favorite players were standing next to each other, so he could get one picture with both of them in it.
We walked around a lot on Sunday and I went to the gym Saturday morning so I can't feel too bad about it, right?! We ended up going to Voodoo Doughnut. I wouldn't have gotten a donut on Thursday if I thought we would do this, but no way am I going to complain about two donuts in the span of four days.
Yes, it's a donut with Captain Crunch on it. It was good, but my favorite is still the Old Dirty Bastard (chocolate frosting, Oreo chunks, and peanut butter on top!).

On Sunday night, Michael and I went to the Blazers game against the Utah Jazz. It was sooo close at the end, so it was really nerve-wracking, but the Blazers pulled out the win!

On Monday, my sister-in-law was on the Today Show!!!! I've mentioned how she works for Farmgirl Flowers (and how they're the best!). She's been featured in articles and she was interviewed and on the local news (in California), but the Today Show?! It's so weird to see someone you know on TV (she was wearing a sunflower dress and a black leather jacket, in case you're curious)! I met the owner when Katie was in Portland with coworkers doing flowers for a wedding. We went out one night and Christina met up with us briefly. She was great. I can honestly say she's just as cheerful and passionate about her work as she seems in the clip!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

21 comments:

  1. You deserve a drink (or twelve) after dealing with that! It seems like everything always happens at once! I always dread vet trips because the bill at the end is always frightening

    I NEED that donut. Actually need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, bummer about your day! That sounds like a lot of little stresses that would totally have me sniffling and complaining by the end too.It's hard when dogs puke too because they're just as confused as you and don't like paw at a door to do it, etc. I'm sorry! Sounds like your weekend was good though, we were really excited about the Blazers and watched them down here, hotting and hollering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its always so fun to see people we know on TV. Like shes a new Kardashian or something :) haha

    Oh man... those kinda days. They always come at us & they are never fun. Hopefully your fur babies are feeling better today.
    If it makes you feel any better, we had one dog have diarrhea in the middle of our bed Saturday ... nothing like stripping a bed down in the middle of the night.
    Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your bad day yesterday! I would have needed a personal day too or called in sick today. Did the vet trip make the dogs anxious or something to where they couldn't wait to go outside for the bathroom? Sounds like that is so unlike their usual behavior! Oh my gosh, that doughnut. We have been to Voodoo Donut in Denver a few times and that is the exact one I always get! I need to try that Oreo peanut butter one next time we are out there!

    Have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you didn't start crying yesterday because I know that I definitely would have! It sucks when pets are just having those days when they do everything bad, but then they act all cute and cuddly and it makes it better, right? It sounds like you had such a great weekend though! Seeing friends when they come into town is the best! I've always heard great things about VooDoo donuts, but if Old Dirty Bastard is better, I definitely want to try that when I make it to Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh bad days like that are the worse! LOVE that donut though...Captain Crunch is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oof, that does sound bad, but good news: it's over! Yay! I've heard so many great things about VooDoo Donuts that it's actually on my foodie list for whenever I get a chance to go to Portland lol. So cool that your SIL was on the Today Show! Hope your week gets better!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, that sucks about the sick dogs :( Our dog was sick last summer and we had to put him on antibiotics. Day 1 on the antibiotics was actually my birthday, and I came home to a house covered in pee puddles. Lino, carpet, upstairs, downstairs, you name it. He can normally do 8-12 hours no problem. Hopefully whatever is making your dogs sick sorts itself out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg I would have definitely taken a sick day after that. You just reminded me why I don't want another dog haha. You poor thing!! The vet always gives Ted too many treats but I don't say anything, I just usually think in my head like, "wow that's another meal" lol. That sucks so bad. Did Michael wake up at all lol??? And whatever this dirty bastard donut is, I WANT ONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You pretty much just described why I'm wary of having pets--unforeseen expenses and messes! I stress myself out enough—outside forces need not contribute!! I'm sorry you had such a bad day! I hope today was better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about your bad day! Dog bodily fluids are the worst, we've been dealing with some of that lately and it's definitely not fun! How cool about your sister-in-law on the Today show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about your bad day. Sounds like your dogs were protesting about their vet visit! How dare you look after their health ;) So exciting for your sister in law!!! It is weird seeing people you know on TV!! That donut looks delicious! Hope your week gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, what a rough day! I know how hard it is to have one sick dog, but two... yikes! I'm glad it's passed at least!

    How cool that your sister-in-law was on the Today Show! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry about the rough day. :( It's the worst when dogs are sick. Are they doing better now?

    How neat that your sister-in-law was on the Today Show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! What a rough day. :( Dealing with sick pups is just awful. Those donuts look/sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a rough day/night! Bless your heart! :( But that donut is speaking to my heart. I am constantly torn between trying new flavors and going with my favorite. Hope your week has turned around for the better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm definitely not laughing at you, but I'm smiling because I TOTAL KNOW the frustrations you were feeling with the dogs! I just want to SOB when I get one thing clean and they destroy something else. Ugh, and then on top of all that I can't really scold them for puking, but I'm mad about the accidents, but I'm also a little worried.
    Anyway, I get it and I'm SO sorry you had to deal with that. We take two dogs to the vet at the same time, too (because on has separation anxiety from the other), but I make the husband go with me most days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. poor thing!! what a dang awful day!! i woke up to dog poop in my house. the weather is really, really bad here so i wouldn't have been able to walk him anyway. but still!! i'm glad you had some good things happen over the weekend though!! hope the pups are ok now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You poor thing. I am so sorry that your day was beyond rough. It sounds pretty awful. At least you had a good weekend. And that donut looked heavenly. Here is to your dogs feeling better, less mess to clean up and a huge glass of wine. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like days from hell, or some other not so nice place, the type of day one just wants to cry over, hope the dogs are doing better now and it was just all the stress of seeing the vet that caused them to pee and throw up all over the place

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is dog health insurance a thing? Cause it should be!! $500!!! I have a hard time spending $500 on my own health, I would cry! And I'm so sorry for your crazy day :( luckily it is OVER now!! Hopefully it is one of those days that never happens again! K and basketball games are my favorite!! Especially when my team wins :) Close games are even a sweeter victory haha

    So cool your SIL was on the TODAY SHOW!! I remember you blogged about the flowers and they really are sooo gorgeous! I hope they go far (sounds like they already are :) )

    xo C

    ReplyDelete