Northwest Native: Confessions, Oh How I've Missed You

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Confessions, Oh How I've Missed You

YOU GUYS. I seriously thought I would be done with Wedding Wednesday posts by now. I absolutely loved my wedding and I adore the wedding pictures and it was my favorite day ever, but I am so sick of Wedding Wednesday posts (my own, not anyone else's). I'm doing one more wedding post tomorrow, but I seriously couldn't wait a week. I have been dying to do a confessions post for weeks now so I'm posting it on a Tuesday and I'll just link up tomorrow.

These confessions all inadvertently ended up being about work or the gym...so, there you go. Here are my work/gym confessions. Enjoy!

Recently, I've been eating cereal for lunch pretty often. It's just so easy to pour cereal, pour milk and done. Making a sandwich is too much effort when I only have an hour for lunch and at least 25 minutes of that are spent driving home and back to work. #it'snotlazyit'sefficient

I don't make another pot of coffee when I use up the rest of it at work. I know I probably sound like everyone's least favorite person in the office, but seriously, the guys who work there are 30 going on 12. And every time I've made a pot of coffee (because I usually get to the office first) it ends up being gone after waiting like fifteen minutes for it to brew. So I have no regrets. #makeyourowncoffee #orsavemesomewhenImakeit

Speaking of coffee, every single day I wish I could just drink a giant iced coffee drink from Dutch Bros. I don't do it, I've actually been very good at holding off and having it maybe once every weekend. But the desire is strong. #needtosavemoney #andcalories

Apparently I was really tired one day last week because I swear every other email I sent at work had a typo in it. And I found a typo in my blog post the same day. #yikes #notenoughcaffeine

Last Friday, I realized two hours in to the work day that I had forgotten to put on mascara that morning. #apparentlyIshoulddrinkcoffeebeforework

I'm pretty sure I've purchased not one, but two (actually, one of the two times I bought a set of two, I think) padlocks on Amazon in the past. If only I could find any of them (I can find one of the locks...but I have no idea what the combination is). #singlehandedlykeepinglockcompaniesinbusiness

Also, because I don't have a lock, I've been changing into my gym clothes in the bathroom at work and putting my gym bag in the trunk of my car. It feels super awkward and like everyone is judging me for not changing at the gym. #nothingtoseehere

I refuse to leave my purse in the trunk of my car because I'm not stupid, so I have to bring it with me and just put it on the floor next to the treadmill/elliptical. I totally feel like that girl. Like the New Years resolution girl who has no idea how a gym works. #Icanexplain #Ijustneedapadlock #pleasedon'tjudgeme

Linking up with Laura and Lauren for #HashtagHumpday...
...and Nadine and Kathy for Confessions!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

28 comments:

  1. Great post!! Cereal for lunch just works sometimes!!! That gym meme is beyond great and I totally get the purse thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness your purse by thhe treadmill makes me lol because that would totally be me!! And cereal is amazing so of course that is a good lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget to put on mascara on the reg. For some reason I put it on in the car most days (because the two extra minutes will really put me over the edge, time wise?) and it's so shocking to see yourself in the mirror for the first time on those days!! I crave yummy indulgent iced coffee every single day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm giggling about your lock conundrum. You REALLY need a padlock, haha! This week I've decided to just drink water... and the coffee pot in the breakroom is taunting me. Ughhh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you not making another pot of coffee after you finish it, lol. your logical about it is spot on tho. you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom and brother would eat cereal for every meal if they could! And when we belonged to the gym I never changed there, I prefer privacy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate when people rely on you to make the coffee & then snag it up - so not cool!

    I have a coworker that is constantly forgetting her mascara. I tell her every time because her eyes look so weird with out it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cereal is delicious and I'm an advocate of having it at EVERY meal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have totally gone on kicks where I have cereal for lunch or dinner all the time so you aren't alone there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a coffee problem too. What drink do you usually order at Dutch Bros? I went there for the first time in a couple of years and ordered I think it was the Irish.... It was just so sweet! Too sweet for me! Is there a less sweet drink you like?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha I love that you did this early so you could still join in! I'm with you on the Dutch Bros - I wish I could have one every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I drank coffee at work, I would totally do the exact same thing as you, haha. Sometimes you just have to be passive aggressive! We don't have Dutch Bros here but i definitely feel that way about McDonald's iced coffee. You definitely need a lock for the gym too! I hate combination ones so I have one where you have to match up three numbers in a row to get it to open. You could get one of those instead?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I drink coffee at work and sometimes I can't wait, so I hit the drive thru on the way to work. More money, but so much easier. And I used to carry my keys and wallet around with me to workout. Then I got a padlock and I have replaced it several times. Ain't nobody got time to remember the code. haha. They need ones with thumbprint open technology. So much easier. I love Dutch Bros and I just got a gift card for there, so I need to go more often!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol okay, for breakfast the past two days I have had a bowl of DRY CEREAL because I am so lazy to make anything, or go to the store to get milk haha. I actually have to go to the store today, and I keep pushing it off. To be fair though, I'm kind of in the blogging zone so I hate to stop lol. Also, I'm not sick of your wedding you could talk about it forever! I find the little details so interesting. But I get that blogging about it so much might get boring to you. And about the gym all I have to say is GO YOU. Who cares about the stupid stuff, you go to the gym!! I wake up everyday and think, I should go do something (at the gym that I can literally see out my window) and every day I make an excuse. I just overall hate working out. So, seriously padlock or not you've got it together more than you think girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm cereal. I haven't had cereal and milk for....a year? Maybe longer. Probably longer. Gosh that sounds good! I used to leave my purse next to the elliptical when I worked out at the gym so no judging here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my word, that gif of that guy up and down made me laugh so hard. i leave my purse in my car, but i go to the gym early morning so... also, it doesn't fit in the locker. when i first got my (3rd because i lost / forgot the other 2's combinations) padlock, i put the code in my phone. no one will ever know what it is if they find it, i'm not worried.

    ReplyDelete
  17. But the real question I want answered is, why don't Starbucks just give out free drinks every morning??? I think then i'd be the happiest girl in da world :) And hey, at least you've been hitting the gym so let them judge while you're getting fit!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll send you a gift card for your favorite coffee place and then you won't feel bad about going;) I only go to Starbucks on gift cards because I can see it out my window and otherwise I'd go broke lol! I feel judged when I show up to my night class with other teachers from our county and I'm the only one in workout clothes...like oops, Wednesday at my school is workout Wednesday, so wear leggings I will! #imjudgingmetoo #itsokaynewfriends

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cereal is sooo good. I could see eating it for lunch, no problem. And I am definitely that girl at the gym with my coat. I refuse to buy a lock so I can just put my coat in it. Luckily I am not the only one, so I don't feel assl bad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Probably at least two days a week I will go to the washroom halfway through the morning and realize I forgot mascare. Thank goodness I keep some in my purse! haha

    I was always that girl with my purse right beside me on the treadmill or elliptical too but it was because the tiny gym in O-town doesn't even have lockers. Most of the time I was alone in the gym but I'm super paranoid haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can relate to the coffee soooo much....... I'm always the one who makes it and never drinks it because it runs out. Such a pain...and really rude.

    I wish I could drink good coffee every single day too the coffee is subpar (makes me sound like a coffee snob)

    We have cubbies at our gym, and about a billion cameras all over the place but I still keep my keys with me the entire time I don't care if it gets in the way or something I have to carry around the entire time. I'd rather have my keys next to me...no judgment over here!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  22. ha, I haven't even posted my wedding stuff yet because i'm soooo overwhelmed by the amount of pictures. so overwhelmed. eeks. And that's annoying about your coffee at work. I'd say leave a note on it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I feel like there's never enough caffeine! haha I'm a major coffee addict. :) I've been having cereal for lunch lately, too. So much quicker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The same thing totally happened to me the other day, I forgot to put on mascara, and didn't realize it until I was taking my makeup off that night. I shouldn't have been surprised that I looked so tired that day! And that would tick me off too if I was always the one making coffee and then everybody else would drink it and not make more!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Maybe those padlocks you've purchased are hanging out with the four pairs of tweezers I know I have. I never can find the tweezers when I need them, but I know they are there somewhere!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. there are times i put on mascara but i forget that i do and end up rubbing my eyes which = racoon eyes :(

    ReplyDelete
  27. Did you know that that you can make money by locking premium pages of your blog / website?
    To begin you need to open an account on Mgcash and use their content locking tool.

    ReplyDelete