Northwest Native: Confessions: Insert Witty Title Here

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Confessions: Insert Witty Title Here

My favorite zumba moves are the more...'sensual' (?) ones. Honestly I'm not sure if they're sensual or just hilarious/awkward, but give my shimmies and booty shakin' and hip thrusting moves all class long and I'll be a happy camper. I just think they're fun and sometimes funny. Runner-up are bouncy/jumpy moves. Shakin' it or bouncing off the walls is my jam. #workit

To go along with that, I bought Carmen Electra's Strip Tease dance workout DVD senior year of high school. Pretty sure I hid it from my mom. #sorrymom

When I use the treadmill at the gym, I usually alternate running and walking. I usually run at an incline of two, and walk at an incline of five. Fitbit includes hills (yes, treadmill incline too) in calculating flights of stairs. I had been confused since I started wearing my Fitbit again why I wasn't getting credit for that...and then I realized the Flex doesn't even do that, my Charge (RIP) did. #notthebrightestcrayoninthebox #can'tstoptalkingaboutFitbit

Another day, another late post. Last night when I sat down to finish this post, the Internet just would not work. #itwaslikelivingintheseventeenthcentury

Also, apparently my days aren't going to get better. Yesterday when I came home from lunch, there was pee for me to clean up. Best part? Michael stayed home sick... And I still came home to a mess that I had to clean up in my forty minutes at home. #awesome #apparentlyI'mthemaid

Last night, I was doing laundry since the dogs decided to dirty all of our dog towels and our bedding. I was one quarter short...so I had to drive to the store and buy something and get cash back... #IboughtMichaelicecream #prettysureI'mtheonewhodeservesit #orwine

I walked Flora for half an hour this morning trying to get her to poop (they both go every morning, usually). She didn't go yesterday either, but I figured that's because she puked everything up. Last night she ate a lot, so I thought she'd go. She doesn't, and I have to give up and go in because I'm already running way late at this point...and she pukes all over the carpet. #fantastic #thingsarelookingup #that'ssarcasm

Is it weird I'm kind of convincing myself the vet did something to make Flora sick? After someone tried to trick me into going to a dentist that tells everyone they need work done when they don't, I feel like everyone is out to get me. Plus, I found them from a flyer in the mail that said first exam free... I read Yelp reviews though and they have a very good rating. But this doctor kept trying to add more things that needed to be done...our old vet never did that. She even told us she doesn't believe the shelter where we got our dogs about Flora's teeth. (They filed them down because she was showing aggression to other dogs.) First of all, why would it benefit them to lie about that? Wouldn't they want us to not know she had shown aggression in the past? Anyway, she just seemed like she was trying to get money out of me. I also didn't really like her personally. Our last vet's office was a recommendation by my sister-in-law who knows dogs, and I liked them. And somehow, I've found the only thing that costs more here than it does in Seattle. #andit'svetcare #atleastatthisvet #conspiracytheories

I've kind of given up on the week getting better. I'm just preparing myself for the week from hell. I see tears in my future (and past and kind of present...it's been rough). #justwanttogetinbedandnotgetoutuntilFriday

Linking up with Laura and Lauren for #HashtagHumpday...
...and Nadine and Kathy for Confessions!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

24 comments:

  1. I have the FitBit One and it's pretty funny because sometimes I'll have some stairs included for the day even though I didn't walk up any, and it's because I was bouncing on the bus! It's pretty funny! I'm so sorry that it's been such a rough week, but at least it's Wednesday and we're almost more than half way to the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vet care is so super expensive! We're lucky that our vet doesn't usually push anything extra but between flea and tick medicine, heartworm preventatives, and vaccines, not to mention Hansel's 2 spine surgeries last year and Oatmeal's issues, plus toys and food, it has really added up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your week takes a complete turn and becomes AMAZING in these next few days. I also hope that your pour yourself the biggest pour of wine and drink. it. up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. K I am a skeptic, too!! Like I went to the dr last week and she just tried to load me up with all these meds to "fix" my flu. It was so weird to me! Like why not just tell me how to get better instead of making me fork out over $100 in pills?! It bugged me!! And I did natural stuff that got me better way fast! Rant over. And I think it's hilarious you bought a strip tease workout DVD hahah I would have hid that from my parents, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still so jealous that you can actually go home for lunch! I would love that perk. Maybe you can get a recommendation for a vet from someone at work or someone else you know in the area? Sorry this week has been rough for you- sending positive vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness! You totally deserve some ice cream and wine after all this!! Especially since you'll work it off doing all those shimmies and booty shakin! ;) Hope the rest of your week turns around for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That all sounds crazy about the vet! We had an awful vet (in another way) before we moved. One time we waited 55 minutes in the exam room for him... atrocious! I also had a dentist like that once. They told me I had 3 cavities, I moved/panicked about cavities all around the same time, so I didn't go for almost a year and when I finally went to a new one, they said my teeth were perfect - whaaat?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh no, I'm so sorry about your dogs. I was going to ask if they were sick before they went to the vet, or if they were given something new that's making them sick? I would probably be skeptical too, so I don't blame you! At least it's almost the weekend and hopefully the rest of your week looks up from here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay this is what you need to do, tell Michael that if he starts cleaning up more after the dogs you'll give him a baby. HAHAHAHA. Does he read this??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, I hope the pups and Michael are better soon! That's no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! All that puking is awful! I hope Flora gets better ASAP. Our old vet used to have huge bills too! I used to hate coin laundry in college because I always ran out of money!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The post is fantastic! I love it so much:)
    Have a nice day!

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The post is fantastic! I love it so much:)
    Have a nice day!

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry about the doggie situation. It is rough when they won't poop and then they throw up everywhere. And you had to do even more cleaning with them with a pee stain. You need a big glass of wine tonight and some relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vet stuff is always so hard. I just want a doctor that cares about animals more than just making a quick buck. I find that smaller cities tend to have better vets to be honest. I hope that your doggies get to feeling better and stop having accidents!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like Cocoa's vet but sometimes think they do things to make money for sure. Like I have to get her a kennel cough vaccine every six months because of her going to Christopher Robins but the vet will only give it to her if she has a physical every six months. Um, that is crazy for a healthy dog to have to get a physical every six months!! I hope you can stop cleaning up pee and puke soon!! So not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i would have brought my husband over to the mess, handed him a sponge and said get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your poor dog!! And poor you! Not fair that you got stuck with the clean up at lunch... you definitely deserved that ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry to hear about your crappy week... it's ALMOST over! :) You definitely need to get yourself a big bottle of wine & not do anything the entire weekend. I do think it's weird that they are so sick now after seeing that vet. Hopefully you can find one that is better! Okay, so I have never done Zumba before & now I definitely don't know if I could do those type of dance moves in front of a bunch of other people!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stinks your having trouble with finding a vet, especially bc its hard to know if they are lying or not. We had the opposite problem. Like I would ask our vet about things and he would say no you don't need that. Once I asked if I should be cleaning PJs ears and our vet said no. The next day, we took him to be groomed and they said his ears were filthy and that he might have an ear infection. I went to a new vet that day who confirmed he had an ear infection. The whole thing could have been avoided if the first vet would have said yes you should be cleaning his ears regularly which is the case. I hope that your puppies get better. And if you have even a hint of uncertainty about your new vet, it's probably just best to ditch them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also totally random but check your dog food for recalls. My friend's dog was getting really sick and she spend like $300 in vet visits only to find out that their food had been recalled. Unfortunately, dog food is recalled kind of a lot

      Delete
  21. wait, why didn't michael clean up? rude. haha. not gonna lie, i hate taking my cats to the vet because i don't trust them. i really need to take them in for check ups, but i know they will charge me a ridiculous amount to do things that don't need to be done. it makes me rage. i always wanted to try that striptease dvd haha, was it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love fitbit! Because of where I wear mine if Sophie decides to be crazy while I'm holding her it will give me flights of stairs that I didn't do. The other day I had 97, I know I didn't walk 97 flights of stairs!

    Remember the time when we didn't have fast internet and you had to yell at the family member to get off the phone so you could get online? Oh wait, that was my mom yelling at me haha.

    I hope your week gets better! We all have those weeks, I know I have. Packing and moving has gotten me down in the dumps and work has me stressed out. And I hope what's ever wrong with Flora and Tully goes away! It's not fun when our pets are sick. We were really lucky to find a good vet for Fluffy, one that I trust, but before that I never knew if someone was lying to me or not.

    (oh I definitely feel like the maid everyday). Kyle will leave Sophie messes all over the house :|

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have just installed iStripper, so I can watch the best virtual strippers on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete