Northwest Native: Weekend Recap: Basketball & Virgins

Monday, January 25, 2016

Weekend Recap: Basketball & Virgins

I figured I should address the title right away, because you're probably all thinking to yourself, "Virgins? What in the world?" It's a simple explanation, really. I finished Gossip Girl on Friday night (finale was so underwhelming--I mean, I already knew who Gossip Girl was from Facebook spoilers when the finale aired, but still) so I decided to start Jane the Virgin because I've heard great things. It is SO good! I especially love the narration.

Did you see my post on Sherry's blog? I hinted in my Friday Favorites that maybe I'd get to be featured in her series, Style Bloggers Love Budgeting, and I was...yesterday! It's seriously my new favorite blog series because I am obsessed with budget posts. My post is here!

On Friday night, Michael made lasagna with leftover gluten free lasagna noodles that my brother gave us. We have our Christmas celebration with my father at my my brother Kyle's house, and this year he decided to make gluten free (so Michael could eat it) lasagna. (If you're gluten free, I recommend Tinkyada! They tasted just like regular lasagna noodles. My brother got them at a local health food store, but I Google'd and you can find their stuff on Amazon, Wal Mart's website, and a few online health food stores.)

On Saturday, we had tickets to the Blazers game. Funny story, when we were back in Seattle, Michael bought the tickets for $60 each from a coworker who has season tickets, but is a Spurs fan, so she goes to all Spurs games and a select few others. Well, Kobe announced pretty recently that he's retiring after this season, and this was his last game in Portland. So our tickets ended up being worth like $150 each after his announcement! It was insane how many Lakers fans were there. It was a mix of people booing every time Kobe got the ball, and people cheering every time he made a basket. There were even some chants from Lakers fans at the end trying to get Kobe out to play again. I don't really care about Kobe, but Michael was a huge fan when he was little. But we were both happy that the Blazers won.

Blazers games are my favorite sporting events, but most sporting events I really only go to so I can get good unhealthy (overpriced) food. They have some really great stadium food there, but I had to go with pizza because I hardly get to have it anymore with Michael being gluten free. I had to take a picture of this because it's the best food pyramid I've ever seen.

On Sunday I got my library card, purged a few more items from my closet and elsewhere in our apartment, and exhausted myself and this cutie on a walk.
You may have seen this on Instagram, but I had to post it here because this is probably my favorite picture of Tully ever.

And that's really all that's worth noting. Except I made Moscow Mules using this Moscow Mule syrup and these giant cocktail ice cubes my sister and her boyfriend got us for Christmas and they were delicious and I felt super fancy.

How was your weekend?

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

31 comments:

  1. LOVE that picture of Tully!! Yay for purging items, I have been loading up boxes for a garage sale in May and it feel so good!! Too cute, I feel fancy drinking Moscow Mules too, something about those mugs and the name!! Hope your week gets off to a great start gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that picture is adorable.
    We went to a Cavs game last year and I think I just really, really don't care about basketball... hahaha! I love NASCAR races :) And the chicken tenders and fries they serve at the track are A.MA.ZING. (Plus you can bring your own coolers/alcohol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally need to start purging! I have so much stuff all over my house, it's giving my anxiety. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tully!!!!! So cute. I want to look that comfortable when I'm lounging on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Jane the Virgin!! That's been my "show" when Grant isn't home ;) I just finished the first season. And how cool you got to see Kobe!??! I haven't been to a bball game since the Sonics left, boo hoo!!! I wish we had a team again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl... you are GONNA LOVE Jane the Virgin - it is just the cutest!!! I'm so glad it starts back tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you mentioned Jane the Virgin! I started watching it last week thinking it was going to be ridiculous (which it kind of is in the best way possible) but I love it and can't get enough! Glad you had a good weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I cried my eyes out during the last episode of Gossip Girl because I didn't know it was the last episode! Talk about heartbreak, ha! I'm proud of you for making Moscow Mules...I've ordered them at restaurants a few times and they are sooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay you finally got your library card!!! And gossip girl was the best but now I look back and i'm like it was super cheesy! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've tried watching Jane the Virgin but just couldn't really get into it! Tell me that it gets better after the first few episodes? I've never been to an NBA game before but I think almost any professional event is fun! I think the closest NBA team to us is Minnesota, haha, so I don't think I'll make it to one anytime soon! Tully is so cute! Looks like an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kobe is from Philly and went to high school with someone I knew, so it feels like I know him, in an 8 billion degrees of separation kind of way ;) Sounds like you had a fun weekend! We were just snowed in then digging out here on the east coast ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tully is adorable! That is pretty cool that you got to go to that specific game! I didn't even know what Gossip Girl was about, I have never seen an episode. But gosh I hate when finales fall flat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh that sucks about gossip girl! i used to watch it but stopped a few seasons in, and i always thought i should rewatch but like you, i know who gossip girl is, so it might be a letdown. i watched a few episodes of jane the virgin, but didn't get very far, i keep meaning to catch up on it. and thank you for sharing the gf noodles, i will definitely try them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I watched Gossip Girl last year on Netflix and I was shocked at who it was! Lol I stink at figuring out endings to tv shows. And I love sporting events for the food too, Brian always convinces me to go by promising me good food!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun to go to the game. And that picture of Tully is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I peeked over to your post on Sherry's blog! Congratulations! That's great to be in her budget shopping. I try to budget shop as much as I can especially with a child at home. It's not fair to her for me to be blowing her diaper money or food money on clothes.

    That's really sweet of your brother to make sure Michael can eat. I bet some of your friends forget that too. I'm not gluten intolerant, but Sophie and I are lactose intolerent and while it doesn't affect me as badly as it once did, it gives Sophie really bad gas pains so she's in a lot of pain whenever she eats too much dairy, she can have some. we usually have to have food on hand that only she can eat so that in case there's only lactose filled food she can still eat. But I would still eat a pizza regardless of the dairy, I'll suffer the pain. the pizza pyramid would have been perfect for an ex of mine, all he ever did was eat pizza, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tully is seriously the cutest! Love the pizza food pyramid-I'm all about that! Haha. :) Your title cracked me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sounds like a pretty eventful weekend. I haven't been to an NBA game in YEARS, but I did just go to my first NHL game the other night. That was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't watch Gossip Girl when it was on tv, but I've been meaning to binge watch it at some point in time. I've just heard that it's so good! And Tully is seriously so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am sorry you didn't like the finale of GG. I think it was very rushed and thrown together. Who ends up with who, who is GG, but I still like the whole season (maybe not the last one...i agree). Did you like that it was Lonely Boy?

    Sounds like a good weekend. Gluten free stuff can be really good. WE had gluten free cupcakes a few weeks back at a kids birthday party and they were really good. Like I couldn't tell they were gluten free.

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol i love your reasoning for going to sporting events! i'm very into sports, but i agree that i totally look forward to eating something ridiculous while i'm there just "because". also that picture of Tully, omg. heart eyes emoji!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tinkyada noodles are so good! They're the only pasta we eat here. I usually make my husband lasagna a couple times a year. Our grocery store carries at least half a dozen different noodle varieties, so we're pretty set in that regard. Maybe they'll start carrying them in your regular grocery stores soon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a great weekend! I want to learn to make moscow mules this year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you guys had a great weekend. I watch ZERO sports, but even I think that going to sporting events is fun. Also, Jane the Virgin is the best. I'm so desperate for the 3rd season to come out even though the second one just finished.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love going to Spurs games, but I agree, they are so much better because of the unhealthy food :p

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now THAT'S a food pyramid! Haha :) Oh my goodness, the picture of Tully is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. YES to Jane The Virgin!! My. Favorite. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fun weekend! I'm trying REALLY hard (to no avail so far haha) to convince my brother and sister in law that we need to make a trip to Seattle when the Jays play the Mariners - I think it would be so fun! I had never even heard of the Blazers until your post - obviously I'm not a basketball fan haha

    ReplyDelete
  29. Um, so that might be MY favorite picture of Tully. alkjfdlakjdflakdj. SO CUTE! Why are dogs just the best! Glad you had fun at the Rose Garden. I lived within walking distance the last two years before moving to SF (pearl district) and we never even went to a game like idiots. I got my library card on Saturday too! Super excited.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that picture of Tully! I was cracking up when I saw it on Instagram. Great job with the closet clean out! Have you taken any pictures or kept track of what you've gotten rid of? It would make a fun blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is the cutest picture of Tully ever. There is a dog in my complex that looks exactly like Tully and every time I see it I tell Justin "that looks exactly like Mattie's dog" hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete