Northwest Native: Wedding Wednesday: Reception - Part 1

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wedding Wednesday: Reception - Part 1

Unfortunately, I think these are going to be my least favorite pictures. I'll tell you why. I was having a blast the entire day/night of our wedding, so I didn't think about 'freshening up' and no one said, "Hey you should powder your face." I have combination skin, but my face getting oily throughout the day is my biggest problem. I just feel like my face is sooo shiny in the reception photos and it makes me sad.

We had a Mexican food buffet catered by Seasoned in Seattle and it was amazing. We went to a tasting of theirs and loved everything, plus their prices are great, so we knew we'd use them...and we went to a second tasting just to be able to eat their food again. ;) After we finished our pictures, we had fifteen minutes of alone time and those delicious tequila lime shrimp and corn shooters were waiting for us, along with a glass of prosecco for me and cider for Michael. It was fabulous.

I posted some picture of our cupcakes in my details post, but I don't think I posted a full shot. We had mini cupcakes from Yellow Leaf Cupcake Co and a gluten free vanilla cutting cake from them. (I've never had a better vanilla cake.) The top tier are gluten free chocolate strawberry, next is french toast, then Mexican chocolate, and the bottom tier is pancakes 'n bacon (best ever) and pumpkin spice. Their frosting is super light and whipped, which is how I like it.

Grand entrance! (Seriously, my hair is absolutely nuts after that wind.)

Can you tell I was starving from hardly eating anything all day? My smile in these pictures is almost as big as the ones from our first look and ceremony! Ha!

You know, just making the rounds. (Side note: I had multiple people compliment me on my shoulder blades that day. I mean it's always nice to be complimented, but it was definitely a unique compliment to receive. Ha!)

Toasts! The best men went up at the same time, but they each gave a speech one after the other. My maids of honor (they're sisters) went up at the same time and they had rehearsed banter. It was seriously all laid out and so embarrassing. Let's just say my mom gave them free reign to my bedroom which contains journals from when I was younger...and yikes. Apparently I wrote a poem called, "Boys" and it went something like, "Some are mean, some are dumb, some are babies who suck their thumbs..." and so on. And then I went on to list who was in what category in my school. My choice for the 'cute' category? Aaron Carter. That's good taste, right there. Anyway, I was crying from laughter, and I think I turned to Michael multiple times and said, "It's a good thing you married me before you heard all this so you can't call it off!" Our moms gave toasts next, and they were both so heartwarming. Oh, and how disgusted/snobby do I look in that first picture?! Hahaha. I have no idea why I made that face, but I had to include it because it makes me laugh.

^^Best picture of the entire wedding, hands down. But really, we have this framed (along with five other wedding pictures) in a big frame above our fireplace.
After we cut the cake and had plates we seriously started walking away and the photographer was like, "Wait, aren't you going to feed each other?" Hahaha, oops!

All right, I thought I was going to do the whole reception in one post, but I think splitting it up is for the best. See you next week for part two!

I'm linking up with Macy for Wedding Wednesday.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

32 comments:

  1. I don't think your face looks shiny at all! That is so hilarious about what your maids of honor did with the "Boys" poem! Also, that food looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! And I happen to think you look stunning and you know what I like even better is that you were having so much fun that you didn't think to freshen up and that was a good thing! What a beautiful venue, I'm loving all that brick! I love how you're sharing all these wonderful moments with us on Wednesdays, so fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this because, while i love official styled wedding photos, these are so natural and you. you can see how happy y'all are! lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was definitely thinking "nice shoulder blades" in that photo of you greeting your guests. I'm not kidding.
    I think you look GREAT in these photos! And those appetizers look amazzzzing! The picture from our cake cutting is one of my favorites, too. It shows our personalities and it has a reflection of our guests in the window, which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we are all our harshest critics. I don't think you have a shiny face at all. You have a very nice collarbone hahaha. Just trying to make an awkwardly nice compliment for you.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that y'all had Mexican food for your reception! That's my favorite. We just did a dessert bar, but your reception looks amazing.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mexican food buffet?!?! Your wedding wins everything! Your venue was absolutely gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummmm, everything looked so good!!! Love the cake pic, so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures!! You look GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're crazy you look BEAUTIFUL! And YES your shoulder blades are amazing! I always wished I had better back muscles lol. I love that you did all Mexican food, that would make for the best wedding ever in my book. You guys really are the cutest couple ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of these pictures! You look so beautiful!! We are our own worst critics :) And for the record, that dress does highlight your toned shoulder blades quite nicely ;) The cupcake flavors you named sound AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing all of this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel the same way about our reception pictures. Like why didn't one person tell me I needed to refresh my face?! Haha, but whateva--you look beautiful in all of the pictures!

    And I found myself looking at your shoulder blades for the rest of the post, and I must say--they do look very nice, haha! That is a weird compliment, but a compliment is a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you look great-not shiny! I love all the unique food...we did cupcakes too! I also love your purple belt--really fun pictures, I can feel the fun looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you look amazing!! I love that y'all forgot about the feeding each other part, goes to show how crazy the day can get ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kudos to the photographer to help remind :)
    I still am so in love with your cake topper & that you did the little cupcakes!!!
    I love your reception still has sunlight happening. I hate when a room is so dark or its so late.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your reception photos are lovely. I wouldn't have noticed a shiny face at all. Everyone looks like they're having a great time at your reception.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't be so hard on yourself - you look beautiful!! I love the Mexican food idea for the reception, and the cupcakes - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was actually thinking the same thing about your shoulder blades, haha. Your pictures are great & I wouldn't have noticed anything about your makeup or hair if it wasn't pointed out! You look great! I love all the candid photos! And this cupcakes look amazing.. Pancakes and bacon?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The one thing that I'm so happy about was that I really didn't keep journals growing up because I'm sure that my sister would have found some great things to blackmail me about later! And your cupcake cake was so cute! I love it! And I don't think that you really look that shiny in your pictures, and I'm sure other people didn't notice either!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so pretty, I don't think you look shiny at all! I know how you feel though, the make up started coming off my nose later in the reception and it looked so red and then my aunt decided to put powder on it except her powder was much darker than my skin and it looked ridiculous and then I ended up having to wipe it all off and then I just gave up! Your cupcake flavors sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whatever, you look pretty in all of these pictures. And you do have nice shoulder blades....haha! Sounds like your toasts were memorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahaha that cake photo is the best! we have a similar photo, totally candid, that we both love.
    and um, wtf. i was actively looking for shiny skin and i think it's all in your head girl ;) you look flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The pictures are beautiful... I don't know what YOU'RE talking about! And - I have to say - the back of your dress with the bustle is to die for. Just gorgeous. The food in all the pics is making me hungry, too! :-)
    The Busy Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your cupcake tower. I was initially all for doing that but hubby was like no, I want a real cake. He said cupcakes and cake don't taste the same. True story. As much his reasoning made no sense, we ended up going with a traditional 3 tired cake, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everything looks so amazing-- your dress is stunning and you look gorgeous. I didn't care for a lot of my wedding pictures, not because there was anything wrong with them, I just don't really don't like photos of myself because I'm not photogenic at all... but the best part is seeing what a good time everyone was having and you can see how happy everyone is in all of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know you are entitled to how you feel about yourself but seriously, you look beautiful!!! Every bride looks a bit more unrefined at her reception since she's having fun!!! This looks so pretty and great, man, I love shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are crazy - you don't look shiny, you look beautiful! I love that you had a Mexican food buffet at your wedding. That's my kind of party!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That cupcake display and flavor choices are amazing. I am a huge cupcake fan and this made me hungry. Your food looked so good. Love these reception photos so far.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look amazing in these pictures! The food sounds so delicious! Especially those cupcake flavors. Pancakes and bacon?! Yum!! Ok now I'm hungry. haha

    ReplyDelete
  30. That picture of the fruit with the pineapple looks so incredibly good right now, I think I am craving those fruits! You totally look fantastic! Your cake and cupcakes are super cute and it's funny you didn't feed each other. We both tried to cut the cake together and it was not going well so I just handed him the knife. Cute pics thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hahahaha hey you two were just in a hurry to eat the delicious cake! I probably would have forgotten too. I love that your bridesmaids read parts of your diary. Mine are full of boys I had crushes on and complaining about my parents' rules. Nothing I need read at my wedding! Side note, I would never have noticed any shine had you not said something. I guess we're all harder on ourselves than others are though right?

    ReplyDelete
  32. People who works there are some of the sweetest people I've met. Save yourself some time and just go there. Everyone at LA venues is sweet and ask how you've been, even though normally staff keep their heads down.

    ReplyDelete