Northwest Native: Friday Favorites: It's Finally Christmas!

Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Favorites: It's Finally Christmas!

It's Friday! And it's also my favorite husband's birthday! Happy 25th birthday to this weirdo.
He loves Kylo Ren and made me take this.

Speaking of Kylo Ren...have you seen the movie? Well, his cloak or coat or dress or whatever you want to call it actually is my coat, I swear. Remember when I compared myself to a Star Wars character? Well, now it's for real.
The texture of his outfit thing is the exact same as my coat. And my coat did come in black. So basically what I'm saying is Steve Madden was totally Kylo Ren's costume designer. (Also--did anyone else notice that he would randomly be wearing a scarf thing in some scenes and not in others? Maybe it's because Michael made me go twice and the second time once I noticed it I watched him like a hawk. And the weird thing is--he wasn't wearing it outside in the snow. Seriously, bro? That's how you catch a cold.)

We're celebrating Christmas with my family this weekend, so our apartment is still decorated for Christmas. Not really an important detail, but I've seen every blogger talking about how great it felt to take Christmas down (like two weeks ago) so I thought it was kind of funny.

Last night I took Michael to dinner since we're going down to my parents' tonight. I've had the place picked out for weeks. It's a Packers bar...with an all gluten free menu. I couldn't believe it when I stumbled upon it. I was just Googling 'Packers bar Portland' and when I saw that about the menu I was shocked. If ever there was a bar/restaurant made for Michael, it's this one. Earlier this week he asked, "You made sure they have stuff I can eat on the menu, right?" and it took so much effort not to spill the beans.

I don't really have much else to blog about...so I hope everyone has a great weekend!

I'm linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci for Friday Favorites.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

16 comments:

  1. I had to look at the date of your post after I read the title!! I was like, why is this post coming up!! That is so cool that you found a bar that's gluten free. And Packers. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I have a picture of us in superhero masks :) My Christmas decorations are still up (UGH) so I guess I'll work on stripping them down this weekend! Happy Birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Michael ... haha! You two look like you have the most fun. I think there needs to be a weekly Michael segment, lol! Would be too entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Michael and have a fun Christmas this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Christmas stuff is still up & we still have one more get together to do ourselves so dont feel along :)

    Happy Birthday to your main man :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alone... not along... blah - its friday

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to Michael!!! We haven't seen the new star wars so I don't really catch all of your references, HOWEVER, do you wanna hear a fun fact?

    The man who play Palpatine/Darth Sidious was the same man in all of the movies...the original IV, V, VI and then I, II, III, they just used a ton of make up both times to make him look either really old or really young and I'm sure a bit of CGI in the newer ones.

    How come y'all celebrate christmas a few weeks after? Did I miss that in a previous post? I've been in and out of blogging world for a bit.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw, have a fun family Christmas!!! We always have to do second Christmas too since my sister married a Brit. They live in Portland so they spend every Xmas in London now. So we always have a second one when they're back, I think it makes it extra fun :) And hilarious about your coat, I don't know that character but the cloth is uncanny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys must have so much fun together! I actually was kind of sad about taking my Christmas stuff down. Have a wonderful time sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your comparison between yourself and the Star Wars character is too funny, and happy birthday to Michael! I'm so jealous that you still have all of your Christmas decorations up because my house looks so sad without it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have fun celebrating Christmas with your family this weekend! Happy Birthday to Michael-so amazing you found the perfect bar for him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The comparison pic is my favorite! My students love Star Wars and I know nothing about it so I am super uncool ha! Have so much fun tonight...happy birthday to your guy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to your husband!! We are taking our Christmas stuff down this weekend and I'm so sad!! Have a fun Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that you guys have a good "belated" Christmas celebration this weekend! I haven't seen Star Wars but that is crazy how similar the coats are, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a lot of fun. I'm sorry that the game didn't go so well for the Packers...

    ReplyDelete
  15. So how did the dinner go? Did he like the restaurant? I hope the Christmas celebration was amazing.

    ReplyDelete