Northwest Native: Weekend(ish) Recap: Movies & More Movies

Monday, December 21, 2015

Weekend(ish) Recap: Movies & More Movies

Don't forget to vote for your favorite finalists in Karen's Blog Awards! If your vote for the 'Favorite New Blog' category is me that'd be cool I guess... ;) I think voting closes today!

So on Thursday I finally did something that I've been looking forward to for a few months... I met up with Stephanie for coffee! We talked about bloggy things and non-bloggy things and it was super great. The delicious and pretty peppermint mocha was also fabulous.

On Friday night we saw Star Wars...at 10:30. AKA the time we normally go to bed. Yikes. I may have fallen asleep like twice for about two minutes. Not because the movie wasn't good, but because it was so late. Also because I may have worn glorified pajamas in the form of yoga leggings, a sweatshirt, and Uggs.

Saturday I got up and went to get my hair cut at long last. It feels so light and soft and swingy. All of the dead and nasty ends got chopped off.
I hated every selfie I took but just went with one. Also my hair can look super cute in the mirror and just meh in every single picture so at least you can see the length. And my Glen Coco t-shirt.

Michael left for California on Saturday afternoon, so on Saturday night I watched The Family Stone and laughed and cried, as usual.
That frame above the fireplace is new...and full of wedding pictures! I love it. I get happy every time I look at it.

I love that I got a shot of Rachel McAdams eating pizza because...
That's exactly what I did while I watched.

On Saturday morning, in preparation for Michael being gone, I set recordings for a million Christmas movies and specials on ABC Family and the Hallmark channel. After The Family Stone (which I borrowed from my parents), I watched Just in Time for Christmas which was randomly set in the Pacific Northwest and was pretty cute.

Want to know what else my weekend consisted of? I also watched:
Season 4 of Hart of Dixie (in my defense, it was only ten episodes...even though I didn't realize that until episode nine)
The Holiday (favorite part--when Jack Black says, "Well hello big dollop!" and then starts singing movie theme songs in the video store)
Matchmaker Santa (My friend said this was one of her favorite Hallmark movies so I recorded it to watch)
A Very Merry Mix Up This movie was adorable. And I loved the main character.
Love, Actually Fun fact, when this first came out I didn't like it. I think my attention span was too short for all of the stories. Last year I watched it and loved it, so I had to watch again to make sure...and I still love it!

Yes, I really watched this much stuff. Don't worry, I took a few walks (with and without the dogs) and went to the grocery store too (where I found a super cute fox decoration on clearance, so, score!).

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

25 comments:

  1. I read what you wore to Star Wars and thought it said yoDa leggings(instead of yoga), I opened the link and thought "hmmm...those don't have yoda on them." I'm an idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you like Star Wars?? I am going to go vote. That is really cool and I like finding new blogs. So, I have not seen any of those movies!! I know, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was Star Wars? Sounds like a great weekend with lots of good movie/tv watching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen Love, Actually yet this year and I'm so sad about it. Ugh. I always feel SO guilty when I take a walk without the dogs, hahaha.... And YAY for discount fox merchandise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably would have fallen asleep if I saw Star Wars that late too! It was so good though! I love your Glen Coco tshirt! There's nothing better than a Mean Girls reference! My weekend probably would have been the exact same if I hadn't been at my parent's house. Normally when my husband is out of town, I do a lot of TV watching and catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wear glorified pajamas as often as I can get away with it :) Sounds like you had a productive Christmas filled weekend! No judgement here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome weekend!! That peppermint mocha looks so festive and delicious - now I need to go check out Stephanie's blog. I love finding new blogs to follow :) We saw Star Wars at 10:30 (am) this weekend, too ;) It was soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HART OF DIXIE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!! Also, your hair looks fabulous and so healthy and cute on you! Tis the season for nothing but Christmas movies with pizza on the side ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Very Merry Mix-up is one of my favorites, I love it, I've seen it like 4 times! Hart of Dixie is so cute, I wish it hadn't ended :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks so cute!! And I love your Glen Coco tee, haha. I love Love, Actually and just saw most of it at a friend's house last week! So many quotable lines, although I love when Emma Thompson says "a papier-mâché lobster head" with her great British accent! Oh and I just downloaded "Jump for My Love," which I couldn't believe I didn't have already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for fox decorations and cute shirts and hair cuts and movie marathons! I had a movie marathon with pizza (and Love Actually) as well! Love the decor on your fireplace/mantle as well! I hope he comes back in time for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a perfect weekendish time to me!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved those Hallmark movies too. Rory was at a basketball game Friday night and the girls were in bed, so I watched two movies that night. And I may have watched another Saturday night. Love those movies. And your hair looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa! Girl that's a lot of hair you chopped off. Looks great! What was the reason? Just a new look?

    I think you fell asleep because you wore pajamas to the movies ;) No those leggings look so comfortable, definitely something I'd wear on the weekends.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your hair-so pretty! I have never heard of A Very Merry Mix Up before-definitely want to watch it now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your weekend sounds awesome! I'm not sure what looks tastier that peppermint mocha or the pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a pretty perfect weekend. Also, I NEED that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhhhhhhhhh Hart of Dixie!!!!!! I have all the sads that show is no more. I loved it so SO much!!!! I watched Family Stone when Chris slept on the couch one night because he doesn't really like movies like that. He woke up when I was crying at the end and laughed at me. Sigh. Love your fireplace and wedding pictures collage!

    ReplyDelete
  19. when you said 10:30 i was like, yeah we saw it at 10. but then you said night time. no way jose! lol we saw it in the am. i would have fallen asleep for sure!
    i didn't really like love actually the first time i saw it either, but now it's one of my favourites :) and the holiday of course!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally would have fallen asleep if I went to see a movie at 1030 pm! I love your haircut and that Tshirt. Dont feel bad about watching that much tv/movies. I started a series about a two months ago and have already watched 100+ episodes, I have a binging problem.

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha - there's your Glen Coco shirt!!! I LOVE IT! ... & your hair!
    I am trying to figure out a time to see Star Wars... I gotta get it in before spoilers start leaking out.
    I now am craving pizza

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! I tend to take over the TV & binge watch shows when I have the place to myself, haha. And how fun that you got to meet a fellow blogger! Pretty sure I would have fallen asleep at a movie that late too. Like, when did I get SO old?! I also love your new hair cut! It feels good to just kind of start fresh sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a great weekend! It is a great feeling when you get your hair cut and the ends are soft and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sounds like a great weekend to be honest lol. I like that picture of you! It's actually very lovely and that shirt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was told I would love Love Actually but didn't like it the first time I saw it. When it came on TV a few weeks ago, I watched it and was pleasantly surprised. Must be one of those movies!

    ReplyDelete