Northwest Native: Wedding Wednesday: Getting Ready

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Getting Ready

Today I'm going to share some pictures from the process of getting ready for the big day! The girls got ready at the townhouse my parents rented for the weekend, and Michael and his best men got ready at the reception location before Michael and I headed to the church for our first look.

Photos by Brooks Scribner Photography
Kendra from KLS Makeup Artistry did a great job on everyone's hair. Her main focus is makeup of course, but she's great at hair too! My sister did my makeup and the bridesmaids all opted to do their own.

I loved getting to see my fabulous bridesmaids open their gifts. A couple of them even teared up reading the cards and I thought I wrote pretty lame messages! I got everyone a gold Kate Spade necklace and I didn't even plan in my head for them to wear them for the wedding but all eight of them immediately jumped at the chance to do so, which made me happy.

A few of Michael, to be fair. :) We framed the second one in our windowpane frame above our fireplace.

I love all of these ladies soo much and they made our wedding day so special. So thankful for all of them!

Getting in the dress was such a major moment. I was getting jittery for the first look at that point!

That third picture was so awkward. My shoes were on and she had me pretend to be putting them on...I had no idea if it looked believable or not.

These photos were taken while we waited outside for the Lyft to arrive and take us to the church for the first look! I have to say that the side ones kind of weird me out because the dress had some pretty big and padded cups so my chest area looks super unnatural from the side.

I'm linking up with Macy for Wedding Wednesday.

I'll be taking Christmas Eve and Christmas off, so I hope you all have a great holiday! I'll see you back here on Monday!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

20 comments:

  1. Mattie, you look beautiful!! Love the pictures to remember all the fun stuff. Your dress is beautiful and Michael's suit is cool!! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mattie everything seems like it was perfect on your day....and the picture of you "putting" your shoe on is totally believable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are so great and you look gorgeous! Your dress is stunning! I had the same problem with my dress from the side so don't worry! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning photos. You are so gorgeous! I LOVE Michael's suit!! These pictures are so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you see things weird but others dont (like the side view & the shoes)... just trust the photographer & dont worry about it :) ... I try to capture real moments but sometimes these photos (like the shoe ones) look better not rushed & a little posed... they just FEEL funny to you. I love all the girls robes. & glad you framed that one of your husband - that's a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look beautiful Mattie!! And don't worry about your side views, we all know you look gorgeous :) all brides do on their wedding day. And I know what you mean about getting into your dress. I know I just had a courthouse wedding, but getting into my dress for the day (one that I already owned) got me so jittery and nervous.
    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look gorgeous in all of these. i had no idea you already had your shoes on until you told us!! i love these pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning! That purple sash is perfection and so are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mattie, you looked gorgeous. I love your dress. Great presents too. And I love Michael's jacket. So unusual and awesome. Your wedding looked beautiful. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are stunning!!!! I love those pretty purple robes :) I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so gorgeous! Love the dress! Michael's jacket is so fun! I love the purple and the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your colors! I've never seen those together before but they look sooooo good. And I think the shoe pic looks totally real ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! I saw the shoe picture and thought it was so cute and then I saw your comment! It is believable unless you tell someone it's awkward and then when I went back I GUESS I could see that you were posing ;) Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so beautiful! I didn't even notice the shoes or the side view until you mentioned it either. Michael's jacket is so neat! I've never seen anything like that before! Love these pictures & can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww! You look so gorgeous! Although I can see how it would awkward to be like, "ok let me pretend to put on my shoes..." haha. Those purple robes are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember very little of my wedding, it was a long time ago though, back then giving a gift to the bridesmaids and groomsmen was unheard of

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all so pretty!! You looked gorgeous (not that you don't every day!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, I just love everything!!! SWOON! You had such a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that a Lyft driver took you to the church! These pictures are so beautiful. I'm loving these posts!

    ReplyDelete