Northwest Native: Wedding Wednesday: Details

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Details

I'm finally getting around to writing wedding posts. We've had the pictures for probably at least three weeks and I have just failed at getting posts done.

I was going to start with getting ready, but I decided to do details first. These details span getting ready all the way through the reception. Basically, these photos are the photos I wanted to post that didn't include people in them. I think getting ready will be next week. And brace yourselves, there are a lot of photos. I'm going to try to keep text to a minimum, but that's not my strong suit. Feel free to just skim/look at the photos and ignore my explanations. ;)

Photos by Brooks Scribner Photography
Michael designed our invitations in Photoshop and we had them printed at Staples. He also designed our save the dates, our RSVP post card, and a little business card with the reception address.

I looked for gold or nude shoes that were flat or low-heeled forever to no avail. I stumbled upon these kitten wedges on Pinterest, and found them on the David's Bridal website.

I let my bridesmaids pick their own dresses in shades of plum. I think it turned out really well. Those four short dresses were all pretty much the exact same, even though they were all bought at different places.

The dress came with this sash in a pale pink color, and the seamstress transferred the embellishment to purple ribbons to match our colors.

Michael found the box for our rings on Amazon. One of Michael's best men brews beer, and he brewed a special gluten free batch for Michael and gave it to him in this awesome holder.

It poured in the morning on our big day. As my sister was doing my makeup, I was staring out at the torrential downpour and freaking out inside. Michael's phone actually got water damage while they unloaded reception decor and it was in his pocket, that's how bad it was. It eventually stopped and stayed away for all of the wedding festivities. I absolutely love this picture with the wet sidewalk though, so the rain did have one positive outcome.

Flowers by Flora d'Amore

Best man signing the marriage license

Our centerpieces were pumpkins and vintage books, and we also had pumpkin decor throughout the space.

Cupcakes and cutting cake from Yellow Leaf Cupcake Co. We picked up our cake topper when we were in Mexico in March. We bought all the fixings for the hot chocolate bar and had the caterer bring the hot water dispenser.

My mom picked up these lighted Mr. & Mrs. signs from a local shop. I love them and kind of want to display them in our apartment if I can find a place.

We had a table set up in memory for all of our family members who couldn't be there with us. This isn't all of the photos, but it's the only photo of that table.

I had seen photos of rings on pumpkins all over Pinterest, so I was excited that we used pumpkins in our decor so we could get a few!

Our reception was on the beach at Golden Gardens in Seattle. There were big doors with windows that lead out to the beach. And I just thought the Corona picture was cool and Corona kind of goes hand in hand with the beach.

I'm linking up with Macy for Wedding Wednesday and Astleigh for The Pick.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

32 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Mattie!! Everything is gorgeous and I can't wait to see more! I don't think I've ever shared details of our wedding...maybe I need to :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! Love the Mr and Mrs signs. And the cupcake table with hot cocoa!! It's fun to see pictures of your happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those earrings are gorgeous!!! I love all the different bridesmaid dresses and your sash. The pumpkins on the tables with the books is fall perfection! And the hot chocolate bar? Sign me up!!!! So cool that Michael got his own brew too. Such a thoughtful gift. Love all your details :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the little details are my favourite things about weddings - being a wedding planner is my dream job!

    Everything looked SO good and came together so well! I love Fall weddings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so so pretty! Those shoes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had noticed that your picture on the right of the blog was changed to a wedding picture, and was wondering when you would grace us with all the wedding posts ;)

    LOVE IT ALL! The attention to detail is so pretty! I'm still amazed at Michael designing everything---that is extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What a cool wedding...I love your centerpieces, your shoes, hot chocolate bar....SO many amazing details! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! These details are absolutely gorgeous! I love it all. Purple is my favorite color, so these photos make my heart SO happy. Thank you so much for linking-up, I can't wait to see the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything! Especially the pumpkins, the purple and orange accents, and your memory table! Obviously I'm kind of biased because mine had a lot of similar details but it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pictures are so stunning. A reception on the beach? That's too cool. I did book centerpieces, too!! I love the colors in your bouquet and the diversity (but sameness) among the bridesmaid dresses. Everything looks amazing! I can't wait for more pictures and stories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh!! how beautiful! i love how you incorporated the fall theme without it being "cheesy" or over done. seriously beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOUR CAKE TOPPER!!! I so adore it - & love you did mini cupcakes!!! So smart.
    I think purple/plum has been the wedding color this year - I love it - it photographs so well - very classic.
    I love the Mr & Mrs. sign - needs to be in your bedroom!
    I think the Memory Tables are the nicest idea at weddings - keeping the memory of loved ones going in fun times

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors! And I let my girls pick out their own dresses as well and i am so glad we did!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your decor! So pretty combining the old books & the pumpkins! I wish I would have brought one of our invitations with to get photographed, but I forgot it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also did something similar to a memory table, but instead had wedding photos from our parents & grandparents on the cake table - but our photographer didn't get a great picture of it.

      Delete
  15. You were a gorgeous bride :) I love how everything turned out. Definitely worth the wait for me to see your pictures :) The Mr and Mrs sign really are the best, and I do hope you can find a place to display them in your house :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love every single photo on this post. It's all so thoughtful and beautifully designed. The bride and groom baskets with pumpkins are so fun! And I love that you were able to get your Pinterest pumpkin photo - totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it. I love the purples with the oranges, the simple elegance of the centerpieces, and most of all how personalized it is to you two. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the sweet details and all the pumpkins everywhere, it looks like a great Fall wedding.
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to see the rest because I am just swooning over these.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay, I am so excited to see this post! Your earrings are GORGEOUS! And I love the use of pumpkins and books. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow! everything is absolutely fabulous, and that cake topper is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fall weddings can be so beautiful! My best friend got married in October. I love your cupcake tower! What were all the flavors? Also, the hot chocolate bar is so original.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the way your earrings picked up the colours in your invites. The way you carried the colours all throughout your wedding was absolutely beautiful. I love that everything looked nice and cohesive rather than the mishmash some people end up with.

    Also, the man bun on your wedding cupcake topper? Hilarious and awesome at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The details are perfection!! These pictures have to make you so happy :) I loved seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahh, your wedding looked so beautiful! I love the idea of the books & pumpkins for center pieces only because I've never seen books as a decoration before. I can't wait to see more of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wowowowoowow!!!!! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning details! I love all the shades of purple! That cake topper is fantastic! I love the beer carrier with your names on it too-what a cool gift!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I absolutely adore the colors you chose- and they fit so well with the fall theme! I think the beer holder is my favorite- I love personalized things, and it was so sweet that he made it for you guys! I'm intrigued by your wedding topper. Is there a story behind it? My friend had a Halloween themed wedding last year and their topper was similar, and they had skeletons everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so glad you're starting to share these pictures!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the plum details in your color scheme. That is my favorite color of all time. So so pretty! I love all the pumpkins and creative tablescapes! How lucky that the rain stopped just in time!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your photos are gorgeous! I love the pops of orange with the plum, such a pretty color scheme for fall!

    ReplyDelete