Northwest Native: Thursday Randomness

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Thursday Randomness

Just a reminder, if you participated in the Blogger Christmas Cheer Exchange, the link-up is tomorrow! You will be able to add your link here or over on Olya's blog! If you're unsure what to post, I plan on posting what I got from my secret elf, who she was, and I'm also including who I gave my gift to (but not what I gave)!

I brought these delicious little things to our work Christmas party on Tuesday. They are super easy to make and ridiculously addictive.
My mom made them around Valentine's Day with V-Day M&Ms in the past. She found them on Pinterest, the original recipe post is here. Oh, right, you're supposed to make them with the grid pretzels...but one grocery store didn't have them, and the other two I tried only had the butter flavored ones, which my mom told me didn't work as well for these, flavor-wise. My first batch I melted a little too much, and the second I melted not enough...but oh well. They don't look like much, but yesterday a coworker came to my office after eating a leftover one and asked if I made them and he raved about them. The salty and sweet combo is so good.

I believe I mentioned that I won a giveaway on Blake's blog for a pair of BP. stone stud earrings! I finally wore them on Tuesday and took a picture... But can I just say I don't know how every single blogger in the world can take a picture of their face and get their earrings in it and look cute! It baffles me. I had to do a half-face thing purposely focusing on the earrings. And I'm not loving showing a picture of my face so close up and focused on my dark circles (oh, and I wish I could lie and say this is a #nomakeupselfie, but it is not). #thethingswedoforblogging
The plastic circle that stabilizes the earring came off on one of them. I considered going and exchanging them, but I think I'll just try super-gluing. If that doesn't work, it isn't a huge deal. It's just that one of the earrings kind of hangs down and one stays perky. Or I could be smart and remember I have like five pairs of these so I could just swap out backs and that would be easier... #duh

Last night we went to dinner in the city. We were saying it was weird to be downtown because when we moved to Portland we became 'country mice' (10 points if you know what that's from!). We went to Departure and it was the hippest place we'd ever gone. It was pretty delicious though! And we saw this beauty on our walk from the parking garage to the restaurant.

Before we headed home we parked and walked to see the Portland sign, which is my favorite (especially with the red nose for the holidays!).

I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

15 comments:

  1. I have so much to say!! First those pretzel treats (as I call them) are amazing! I bake mine at 350 degrees for 5 minutes and that is usually perfect. And those earrings are so cute on you!! You look beautiful in that selfie...and it is hard to get your face and earrings in a pic :). That tree is gorgeous! Happy Thursday Mattie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know how they get them to look good. Love the earrings. I used to only like hoops or dangly ones but now I really like the studs as long as they are bigger like yours. How fun to explore your new city especially around Christmas. Make it a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually make puppy chow for my husband and I's coworkers for Christmas but I've already been considering make those kiss/pretzel things because they are even easier than puppy chow and sooo yummy!! And I know EXACTLY what you are talking about with the droopy-ness of those earrings! I only have one pair and lost the back of one of them - it drives me nuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ughhh. I've won three blog giveaways and haven't posted about one... Good for you! I think the half-face-earring picture is good! How gorgeous Portland looks... I really, really want to take a trip there and Seattle someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for a easy yummy christmas treat to make - you just gave me the perfect one to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those pretzel things! I used to always make them for grad school gatherings! Salty and sweet is the besttt, and they are so easy to whip up. If you like peanut butter, making them with PB M&Ms is also delish! I love your earrings! I had a earring debacle this week that led to an emergency purchase at Nordstrom Rack yesterday, and I think I saw those, or similar ones! And that Portland sign is so awesome and festive! PS: re: country mice... I definitely remember reading some story like "The Country Mouse and the City Mouse" in kindergarten but that can't be what you're referring to, haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally got the days wrong!!! For some reason I thought you said today so I posted today...womp womp.

    The pretzel snack looks yummy although I'd probably just eat the candy off the pretzel haha.

    We're so not fashion bloggers haha, I always look like a nutcase when I try to showcase something fashion wise....

    I have a friend from Portland, and the sign of the deer jumping is his cover photo. He loves everything about Portland.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tree is so pretty! Oh and you have no circles! You look adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg I have no ingredients to make those pretzel thingies but I want to make them NOW! Love your new earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I swear that the simplest treats are always the most amazing, and chocolate + pretzels + candy = to.die.FOR. Sweet and salty has my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never had those pretzel things before but I've seen them all over Pinterest. They look delicious, even if they aren't on the right kind of pretzel! I'm kind of surprised about those earrings! I just ordered a pair of the charcoal ones the other night so I hope they don't break. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. i made something like that but with Rolos. i love that idea of the kisses and M&Ms--so festive! and yay for winning such cute earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have no idea how people take pics like that- I've tried with little to no success! I think you did a great job capturing the earrings! Love the Portland sign too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those little snacks are adorable!! Did you end up fixing those earrings? They're adorable! I look great for many occasions. And the size of that tree!!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete