Northwest Native: Stuff Michael Says [12.28.15]

Monday, December 28, 2015

Stuff Michael Says [12.28.15]

I hope you all had a merry Christmas! Or if you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you had a great four days since I was last around these here parts! I thought I'd keep things light and jolly with another edition of Stuff Michael Says, because there have been some gems lately (at least since the last edition, which was way back at the beginning of September!).

Remember how I mentioned Michael's insane case of baby fever? See exhibits A and B.
I showed Michael a picture of a cute kid (probably from a blog or a blogger's Instagram, I'm guessing).
Michael: "See, don't you want one?! It'd be so good for your blog. Just imagine, 'Stuff ______ says!'" (He used the boy baby name we've had picked out for like two years...I almost posted it but I'm nervous about advertising it and jinxing it. Obviously I wouldn't care if someone who reads this blog named their kid that...it wouldn't stop me from using the name...and no one that I know reads this aside from my mom who is done having children...but I guess I'm just superstitious and feel like if I don't say it at all, then no one we know will steal it. Even if I don't say it to them. Does that make any sense? No? Well, I can be irrational sometimes.)
Hitting me below the belt--with free blog content! Just kidding. ;)
He also texted me this gem last week.
Marlowe = Michael's cousin's baby that I got matched up with for Secret Santa (score!). I bought her super cute leggings and shirts and a BABY-SIZED PUFFER VEST from Old Navy. *Also sorry for the language that I just noticed.

"What if my nipples were on my butt?" Don't ask. I remember we were driving to my parents' house...but I don't remember the context. Honestly, I don't think there was any. Who needs context, right? These kind of thoughts are normal to come up with out of nowhere...

Sometimes you just have to put chocolate milk on your cereal, am I right? (Okay, I've never done that.) For some reason this cracked me up when he sent it to me. Oh, I remember now...because the cereal he was eating was chocolate Chex. With chocolate milk. This from the guy who claims he's allergic to chocolate. Confused? Me too.

You know that movie The Revenant with Leo DiCaprio and the bear? (Side note: Did anyone else see the trailer for Into The Grizzly Maze--which looks horrible in my opinion, and has a 36% rating on Rotten Tomatoes--and then hear Oscar buzz for Leo about a bear movie and think they were the same thing and get really confused? No? Just me?) Anyway, a preview for the Oscar buzz bear movie, not the horrible one, came on.
Me: "Is this movie set in Alaska?"
Michael: "No, the U.S."
I started to tease him so hard about that one. He gave me two excuses: 1. It's the continental U.S.! 2. Alaska wasn't a state back in the time this was set.
Mhmm, suuuure. ;)

Michael waited until the very last minute to buy gifts for his groomsmen. He kept looking on Etsy, but everything was really expensive or would take like four weeks. There were a bunch of personalized pocket knives on there, and in one case, hatchets. So he found some hatchets from a hardware store online, and bought an embossing kit from Amazon and personalized the leather sheaths himself.
Michael: "It's a sportsman's hatchet, that's f***in' cool!"
He is so not burly or outdoorsy or someone who would ever own a hatchet, but he was soo excited about these hatchets. It cracked me up.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

20 comments:

  1. Love that your husband has baby fever too! Mine is always talking about wanting babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, these conversations are awesome! He sounds like such a fun guy! (I need to keep track of K's sentences and conversations.) I'm right there with you on the baby name thing... Actually former friends of ours stole my favorite name. (They're not "former" because they took it... there were other reasons.) I liked Evelyn (Evie for short) and at the last minute, knowing my love for it, they used it. Grrr. So now we don't have any first names picked out but we know our future kids' middle names. A girl will have "Louise", like me, but the boy one is super secret because it's so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh Michael. I love these posts, he sounds hilarious!!! I am dying to know your baby name now!!!! Babies would be good blog fodder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband wants a baby so bad too! He's always throwing out little hints like your husband! I love that he said that the Leo movie was set in the US! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I kind of think it's great that your husband has baby fever and I'm going to send my husband over to hang out with him for a day or two and see if it's contagious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! I'm totally with ya on keeping the baby name a secret. We had Dane's name picked out for years before we were even married and I was always afraid to tell anyone for fear that someone would use it! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband went on a machete kick last year - got all the guys he knows one for christmas too - men & their knives.

    Only a man would think of nipples being in weird places

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahah husbands say the best stuff :) and what are the chances his baby fever would rub off on you?!! That's so cute he has baby fever. And hatchet goomsmen gifts is pretty awesome! I bet the boys LOVED it. Is it the kind you chop down trees with or ones that just look cool?
    xo C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael sounds so hilarious & I love these posts! I laughed out loud about the movie being set in the U.S. and not in Alaska, haha. I can see my fiance doing a gift like that too just because they look cool rather than actually use them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait that's so cute that he has baby fever. And he's begging you and you're like "NO." Haha I love that you do this, it'll be fun whenever y'all already have kids and you go through looking at this again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so curious about the baby name now! Haha. His baby fever is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have baby fever for you, haha. So many of my friends and bloggers are having their second and I want a second baby now, but we're saving so another baby just isn't practical for us at the moment.

    I think Michael and Kyle are very similar, they have a similar sense of humor.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome to remember the funny things. I should do this!! Oh that baby fever. When the time is right it will be the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's too cute how much Michael wants a baby. :) Such a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why are there hatchets on Etsy?!? I have so many questions about this! haha I love that Michael MacGyver'd his own personalized hatchets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I love these. So great and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahaha lets have a baby for christmas! hilarious. now i'm curious about your baby names.. i'll tell you mine if you tell me yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It has to make YOU so excited that he is so excited about babies, though!! Nipples on your butt...well then...hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Um I love the name Marlowe and totally just added that to my "baby names" note in my phone hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These posts crack me up! I love all your little annotations. So funny!

    ReplyDelete