Northwest Native: Favorite Christmas Movies!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Favorite Christmas Movies!

Long time, no see! I hadn't planned on taking two days off of blogging, but we went to Seattle over the weekend and I didn't bring my laptop. We got back pretty late Sunday. I also haven't read a single blog post this week because I usually use downtime at work, but I'm training someone alllll week soooo...there is no downtime. One of my absolute favorite things about Christmas is the movies. I am ashamed to say I have yet to watch a Christmas movie, even though it's all I've wanted to do since probably November 30th. So today I thought I'd share some of my favorites!






I think this might be my all-time favorite holiday movie. The cast is incredible, it's funny, it's heartwarming, it's sad...it has everything. I know the whole 'dysfunctional family' thing is very played up in movies, but this is for sure my favorite dysfunctional family movie.












Again, love the cast, love the characters. I would say this family is far from dysfunctional, even though there's obviously some drama going on. Also, baby Chris Brown (aka before he beat Rihanna and all that) is in it and he's adorable. And they even call him 'Baby.' I saw this movie in theaters with some friends and I've loved it ever since.










I mean...does this need any explanation? What's not to love about Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn? This movie is hilarious. Even the cover is adorable. And FYI, I picked this up for $5 at Target in the checkout line last year. So worth it!













Elf
I'm pretty sure this movie is on every single blogger's favorite Christmas movie list, and for good reason. If you haven't seen this, drop everything you're doing it and watch it NOW!














Dr. Suess's How the Grinch Stole Christmas
This is a classic, and Jim Carrey was obviously a perfect casting. It's funny and heartwarming.















Jack Black is my favorite ever in this. I'm not always a fan of his, but his character in this is the best. This is another one that everyone loves, so what are you waiting for? Go watch it now!













Miracle on 34th Street
I've actually never seen the original version of this. I don't think I could tear myself away from this version. I just love Richard Attenborough as Santa Clause and Mara Wilson is adorable and actually an awesome actress, which I feel like is hard to do as a child.













Holiday Engagement
This is my vote for best cheesy holiday movie of all time. Michael and I first watched it a few years ago and we have a little inside joke from it, so I always have to watch it every year! I think it's on Netflix so go watch it! (Remember, I warned you that it's cheesy.)






I bet you're thinking that a few classics are missing. Actually, I could go on a lot longer. And two of the most beloved Christmas movies, Home Alone & Christmas Vacation, I've only seen once! (Okay, so Home Alone was watched a lot by my brothers so maybe I saw snippets growing up, but the first time I watched it all the way through that I recall was last year or two years ago.) I do love both of them though! And another favorite that Michael introduced me to and I had only seen once is Jingle All the Way I'll Be Home For Christmas. You gotta love a young Jonathan Taylor Thomas. YOU GUYS, I TOTALLY HAD THE WRONG MOVIE NAME HERE AND I'M SO EMBARRASSED. But I've also only seen Jingle All The Way once and I think it's hilarious.

I also love any old Christmas specials on TV. You know, those claymation ones? Those are the best. Oh and any and all Christmakkuh episodes of The OC.

I'm linking up with Holly for Waiting on Wednesday!

What are your favorite Christmas movies?

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

22 comments:

  1. You gave me some good movie ideas. Elf is our favorite. I have never been a huge movie person so I have not seen any of the others!! We watched some Christmas episodes of The Office last night. Does that count :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been pretty embarrassed by how much my husband and I love This Christmas so I'm glad to hear someone else does!! I've actually never seen The Family Stone but every year I think I need to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Young Jonathan Taylor Thomas is every 90s girls' crush. Ohmygosh, he's so cute! I totally agree with you about The Family Stone and any/all claymation, but you have GOT to watch the original Miracle on 34th Street. Please, please watch it this year!! (And I'm one of those weirdos that HATES Elf. Oops! Haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen hardly any of these!!! Besides Elf :( I've seen the original Miracle on 34th street but that's it.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is getting me into the Christmas spirit!! I love The Holiday. I want to move into that cozy little cottage that Cameron Diaz's character stays at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom is addicted to The Family Stone - it breaks my heart the end, every time.
    I LIVE for Elf... I swear, I laugh just as hard every year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Christmas movies!! I'll watch them year round! I've never seen Holiday Engagement but now I need to check it out! And OMG Four Christmases is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elf is my top favorite movie...love love LOVE!!!!! I haven't seen Holiday Engagement or This Christmas. Isn't Holiday Engagement on Netflix? I feel like I saw it when I was looking for something else. I love all the others you mentioned too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally forgot about This Christmas! Adding that to my list of movies to watch in the next few weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love The Holiday so much-such a good movie! Of course, Elf is fantastic as well. I've never seen Miracle on 34th Street, but I really want to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Four Christmases is one of the best! I think that is actually one of my favorite movies of all time! I've seen it so many times & always crack up at the same things, haha. I'm pretty sure I own The Holiday but can't even recall the last time I watched it so that is one that I need to see again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Family Stone! I need to add Holiday Engagement and This Christmas to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg I love Jingle All The Way!!! Claymation movies are classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! I need to watch The Family Stone and Four Christmases. I'm kind of embarrassed to say I haven't seen them haha! But I do love the grinch, elf, the holiday and home alone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your list and I actually haven't seen some of these. Plenty of time to watch these all between now and Christmas right?
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have you not seen Love Actually?? That is my favorite movie of all-time. A friend and I watched Elf in the theater. We laughed louder than all the kids that were there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the clay-mation movies. Those are such classics! And I totally forgot about This Christmas - I LOVE that version of the song from that movie. The cast is really great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chrismukkah yessss. <3 Seth Cohen <3. I'm not a huge Christmas movie person, aside from Elf which is obviously amazing. We usually watch Charlie Brown Christmas when it's on and then It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve. Oh and of course A Christmas Story when it's on for 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Elf is my favorite - I saw it when it came out and for a few years I felt like I had this secret little holiday movie gem....I guess the secret is out ;)

    And I would really suggest watching the original Miracle in 34th Street! It's different than the remake (which veered a bit romcom for me), but the original is just so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All the ones on here that I've seen, I love. The other ones I'm going to watch next week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, Actually always makes my favorite Christmas movies list. I love ELF and the Grinch too though, plus all the classic clay-mation ones like Rudolf! Man I wish I had some more time to get through some of these movies!

    ReplyDelete