Northwest Native: Blogger Christmas Cheer Exchange Link-Up!

Friday, December 18, 2015

Blogger Christmas Cheer Exchange Link-Up!

I hope everyone enjoyed the Blogger Christmas Cheer Exchange! I have to give props to Olya, because this was all her idea! She contacted me and asked if I would like to cohost with her and I jumped at the chance. So thank you, Olya, for coming up with this and letting me be a part of it!

**We have some participants who have not received their gifts yet. The linkup will be open through December 31st in case anyone is still waiting on their gift. If you are waiting on your gift without a tracking number or have any doubts that you will be receiving a gift at all, please don't hesitate to email one of us! Or if you're someone who sent your gift late make sure you let your person know via Elfster!**

Today we're linking up and sharing what we got! I'm going to share my overall experience too.

I drew Jessica's name, and I had never read her blog before so I headed over to check it out immediately. We had so much in common, it was crazy! I wanted to immediately start commenting on her posts and following her on Bloglovin'...but I didn't want to blow my cover so I held off.

Jessica and her husband are newlyweds like Michael and I...and their wedding date? One week after ours! Her bridesmaids wore plum like mine and they incorporated pumpkins into their big day like we did. Basically we have super similar taste so it made me less worried that I'd pick out something to give to her and she would hate it.

I asked her a few questions, including if she collects anything. She collects foxes...and I absolutely love foxes! She also has dogs, loves Gilmore Girls and New Girl and fall and Christmas and basically just all these things that I love.

I am so glad that through this exchange I found her blog and got to know her!

I opened up my package and there was a note in it from Danielle! I hadn't come across Danielle's blog before the exchange either, so I was excited to take a look! My first impression was that she has excellent taste in Christmas movies. ;)

Then I saw pictures of her twin girls and they are absolutely adorable! And their names are Avery and Sutton, two names that I love! Seriously, look at Danielle's Christmas card...they're wearing Osh Kosh B'Gosh overalls!

Danielle also mentioned being excited about a Packers win (and celebrating with a margarita...a girl after my own heart) which was exciting because I've only seen one other Packers fan blogger.

So what did I get from Danielle?
She sent me these fabulous fuzzy socks called 'butter socks' because they are so buttery soft (and let me tell you, they definitely live up to the name--allll the heart eyes emojis!). She also got me this scarf which is super soft and it's perfect because it's navy blue and somehow I didn't already own a navy blue scarf! I wish you could see more of the details of it, but couldn't get a picture of it in natural light. Those suckers are organic...we'll see if I share with Michael or not. ;)
I attempted to get more of the detail of the scarf. It doesn't look navy blue in the picture and there's a weird glare, but you can see the pattern of the knit!

I actually wore it two days in a row this week! (Three if I ended up wearing it today...when I was writing this I hadn't picked out my outfit yet!)

For similar socks and scarves, scroll through the below items, starting at under $3! Just click on anything you're interested in!



All right, link up your Christmas Cheer Exchange posts below! Can't wait to read what everyone has to say!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

24 comments:

  1. Such a Fun idea, I want in next year, lol!!! Great socks and scarf. I hope your weekend is Merry and oh so joyous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got such cute stuff, love the scarf!! And thanks again for my gifts, this was such a fun exchange!! P.S. t=The dogs fought over the fox toy, it's definitely a favorite and coveted toy in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh that scarf - I love it!

    I was wondering when the link up was - I still haven't gotten mine :( I have terrible luck when it comes to swaps though - two times I never got anything in return. Hopefully its just because the mail is slow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so much fun. I love making new blogger friends. My apologizes I didn't realize we were suppose to do a post about it. I was so excited to get my package, I didn't take any pictures. I'm such a jerk. Love your scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just came across your blog for the first time :). What a fun idea and great way to meet new bloggers! Love the scarf you got!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This exchange was so fun! Thanks yo you and Oyla!

    Those socks...I just might have to grab a pair for me...and every person I know with cold feet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute! Yay for fox lovers!! If you do another blogger exchange count me in! I'm loving that navy scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen some of the goodies going around - so much fun!
    I LOVE that scarf!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That scarf looks sooooo cozy! I love that you and your Secret Santa had so much in common! The exchange was so fun, thanks for hosting Mattie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great that you got to "meet" two other bloggers through this exchange! I love finding new-to-me blogs. Looks like you got some super cozy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for cohosting with me! It was so much fun. People keep asking about a Valentine's Day exchange...should we do it? ;) Haha!

    LOVE your gifts. Those socks look amazing, and I love that navy scarf! So pretty and goes with so many outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That scarf you received is soooo pretty!! I love the color. I found your blog thanks to Emily's recap of the swap - so fun! If you ever do another, I'd love to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jessica, I know her!!! Hahaha like Santa in Elf. Anyways....you got some super cute stuff!!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. UM LOVE!!!!!!! You got a great gift, I can't wait to see everyone else's!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun that you ended up with so many similarities to the person you gifted! The socks you got sound amazing and that scarf is so pretty & looks so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those buttery socks sound perfect and why shouldn't you wear you scarf 2 or even 3 days in a row. Its gorgeous
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was a lot of fun! You got some pretty nice stuff! I really like the scarf too. I have so many patterned scarves so it's nice to just have a solid color sometimes! Thanks for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have sent my gift off but at this stage haven't received mine but I am sure it will arrive during the week

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the gifts she got you!!! Thank you to you and Olya for hosting such a great exchange, I got so many new blogs to read and new friends!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those socks sound so incredibly comfortable, and like they would keep you extra warm during the holidays. That's so funny that you picked Jessica, and that y'all have such similar tastes! You definitely set her and her pups up with some amazing goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had Danielle as my gift receiver! I had fun getting to know her too. She did a great job. I'm so behind in posting! I need to remember to get linked up! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my, i need those socks in my life. super cute scarf! i will have to participate next year :)

    ReplyDelete