Northwest Native: Weekend Recap: The one that's not in order at all.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Weekend Recap: The one that's not in order at all.

I'd like to print a retraction. (Is that something people do in blogs?) Remember in Thursday's post when I made a horrible joke about going bananas because I had to smell Banana Boat suntan lotion on my face all day? Well, turns out it's actually Hawaiian Tropic so my horrible joke was unwarranted. Just thought you guys should all know. #truthinmedia #lamejokefail

Michael and I went to Salt & Straw (aka the best ice cream in the world) on Saturday and it basically made my weekend. You guys...they have Thanksgiving ice creams like spiced goat cheese with pumpkin pie, sweet potato with maple pecans, apple cranberry stuffing (and this is where it gets weird), buttered mashed potatoes and gravy, and salted caramel Thanksgiving turkey. I personally opted for a split scoop of sea salt with caramel ribbons and chocolate gooey brownie. I should've gone full sea salt with caramel but it was still delicious.
Michael got the salted caramel Thanksgiving turkey (which has turkey skin candy brittle in it...) and I tried a bite...SO not for me. I got a piece of the brittle and I'm not a huge turkey fan anyway, but in ice cream...ugh. I did sample the spiced goat cheese with pumpkin pie (even though I don't like goat cheese) and it was good, but it wasn't sweet enough for me.

You guys, I know I posted a ton of ugly Christmas sweaters in my Christmas gift guide post, but I found my ultimate ugly Christmas sweater this weekend. And I decided I absolutely need it. Penguins are my favorite animal, by the way.
Target has a ton of ugly Christmas sweaters, including a  Darth Vader one, a really offensive one that mocks OCD, and some similar to other ones I posted in my gift guide: Fleece Navidad, Christmas tree, elf... And I just realized they're all on sale which means I probably need to buy mine right away, right?!

I also found a Christmas t-shirt I seriously want. I'm kind of scared of graphic tees though. I wore them in middle school and looking back they were super embarrassing. I know they have more stylish ones now, but maybe these Christmas ones are made for like seventeen year olds.
Not sure why I didn't take a picture of this next one but it's probably the best Christmas t-shirt ever created. I mean who doesn't love a good Mean Girls reference?!

On Friday night, we watched the Blazers game and ate homemade happy hour food. We had totchos with pulled pork, burgers, and a bean salad thing. And I drank Mike's Hard black cherry lemonade because I'm super classy. Seriously, I just love the taste of the black cherry lemonade.
I feel like they taste like Squeezits! Anyone remember those?! I loved them!

Michael and I watched Thursday's Scandal on Friday night and I got way too excited because Quinn was wearing my duster cardigan (that I had just worn that day for the first time, actually!). I could try to find a screenshot of her wearing it but that sounds like a whole lot of work.

On Sunday I went to Nordstrom to return the sweater from my October budget post (didn't like how low-cut it was on me) and I wanted to try on this turtleneck and this buffalo check cardigan/poncho hybrid (and it did not disappoint!). The purpose of this was mostly to see if I wanted either one or both to put on my Christmas list...but the sales lady asked if I wanted her to bring me a few other sweaters to try. I should've said no since I had no intention of buying any and it'd be less awkward upon leaving, but I'm dumb. She seriously brought me at least twelve other sweaters. So I tried to sneak out and make my return without her seeing me...but she was the one at the register...and she tried to talk me into one of the sweaters and went on about how they come in different colors and sizes. It was very uncomfortable.

I met my parents for lunch on Sunday before that and they brought me my moisturizer and our toothbrushes and a bunch of stuff we left. So happy I don't have to smell like the beach anymore. Also, my mom and I ordered the same sandwich (turkey bacon avocado) which was both enormous and delicious. Half of mine is in the fridge for lunch today!

After running errands I decided to stop at Starbucks. I texted Michael to see if he wanted anything like the good wife I am. I walked in the door and I had the drinks stacked on top of each other...Tully jumped on me and I dropped Michael's totally full drink all over the floor. I was way more upset about it than he was, thankfully.

Lastly, this finally happened. Living in Portland is going to make me gain about a billion pounds.

Did you do anything fun this weekend? What do you think about graphic tees for adults?


Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

22 comments:

  1. I saw a Happy Holla Days tee shirt and was going to buy it but didn't. Yet :). I like a graphic tee shirt. Ice cream for me needs to be sweet. Cool flavors but chocolate and caramel sound best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Holiday tops!! And your long cardi is awesome!! Here's to a great start to the Thanksgiving week!! I did not know Mike's had that flavor...yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graphic tees were cool back in the day too ;) I think they are cute but haven't actually worn one yet either! Those ice cream flavors are so crazy. Fun, but I don't think I would want to try many of them!! Glad you had a great weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, is that a chocolate shake? That is one of my weaknesses! Sounds like a really nice weekend...and those sweaters/tops are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun!!! And I hate that about Nordies - such good customer service equals bad for my budget too. They always bring the best things into the dressing rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no... that ice cream? I'm slightly gagging at some of the flavors- just give me basics.
    Its so funny how many 'ugly sweaters' are quite expensive & in stores now. Goodwill will be FULL in a few years of all of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. (I think my every comment on your blog starts with "Omg" but it's always my reaction to something in your posts, haha!) Omg love the Happy Holla Days shirt. I may need that since the only Christmas tee I have is like 6 years old and is a Christmasy version of the '80s MTV logo. (Seriously, it's awesome.) You could get one of these graphic tees and pair it with a skirt!!! (I know that's a trend you want to try!) Clearly I have no problem with adults in graphic tees, haha. And Squeezits were da bomb!! I loved any and all varieties of squeezy juice drinks as a kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, get that graphic tee! It's awesome!!! :)

    Melissa | So About What I Said

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on the fence about graphic tees these days. I like some of them yet I feel super old if I try to wear one! They were all I wore in middle school & high school too, hah. I think the Christmas one would be fun for a party! Or the sweater of course. And that Thanksgiving ice cream sounds kinda awful, haha. Especially a mashed potato one?!? Nope! Sounds like a good weekend & it sounds like Portland has a lot of really good restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have one graphic tee and it's a night shirt. Kyle has several (thank yours truly for all of his Star Wars related ones) and he thinks they're fine, just no weird things, no cursing, no rude name calling, you know the normal stuff you don't want on a shirt. I don't wear them because i usually wear dresses. He also doesn't really where colorful graphic t shirts. I love your ugly sweater too, the penguins are adorable!! I wouldn't consider that an ugly sweater at all.

    the food looks delicious. Makes me want to visit seattle for the food :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Squeezits!!!! That ice cream sounds amazing mmmmm. And I love that kissing penguin sweater!!! I am obsessed with penguins too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scrolling through this made me super happy (and also, hungry...) YES to Salt & Straw, Ry brags about that place every time he makes it to Portland but whenever we both go something always comes up and we can't stop by. Also, that sandwich looked delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. sea salt + caramel is my fave!!! i recently read their holiday menu and am thinking about going and trying all of them just so i can say i have, haha. and burgerville! i'm so proud of you <3 now we just gotta get you out of the starbucks habit and finding local coffee joints ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. that sandwich looks really good. :]

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried on the penguin sweater…was so close to buying it, but it was a little pricey. I totally grabbed one of the holiday graphic tees to wear to bed though. It's so soft.
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Turkey in ice cream?!?! or turkey flavor? Whatever...it just sounds gross! I'm pretty sure I would have snagged that "Happy Holla Days" shirt. And that cardigan - toooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Burgerville!!!!! I'm sooooo jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I HATE when sales people are so pushy like that! Ah! Sorry you got stuck in that awkward situation! Those ice cream flavors sound like a whole bunch of reasons to keep going back until you try them all;) But honesty, when you know they have sea salt caramel, you don't really even need to read or taste test the rest of the menu... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love salt and straw!!! SO GOOD. Those flavors are pretty interesting, I don't know if I could do those thanksgiving ones. And how fun is that penguin sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like Salt and Straw, but sometimes I wish in addition to their different (and odd) flavor combos that they would also have just a few more "regular" flavors. Their ice cream base is so creamy and smooth. My favorite flavor was some Marionberry one limited Summer edition, so good! Sea salt and caramel is also pretty dang tasty! Also, totally jealous about Burgerville. I like it better than in n out (shh don't tell the Californians)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Mikes Hard Black Cherry BUT they colour your mouth SO dark. I drank one in Vegas before we took a bunch of pictures in our hotel room in our shirts for my sisters Dirty Thirty and it looks like I was wearing dark lipstick! haha

    I NEED that Mean Girls shirt. I also NEED a trip to Target desperately!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am NOT brave enough to try those crazy ice cream flavors--no thank you! That Christmas sweater is pretty perfect since you love penguins so much! I LOVED Squeeze-its as a kid! My parents didn't let me have them too much because they were basically sugar water but --so good! Oh, and it makes me happy that you and Michael are Scandal fans. That is my favorite show on TV right now. So addicting!

    ReplyDelete