Northwest Native: TWOsday [11.24.15]

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

TWOsday [11.24.15]

Today I'm linking up with Stephanie for TWOsday! All you do is post two random things on a Tuesday, simple as that!

One // On Monday I got a call from my (super quirky) coworker up in Seattle. She told me my other coworker nominated me for something. I was really confused and hesitantly asked what. She said, "I need you to have a baby." Hahaha! I found that funny because of my post about babies the other day. She apparently stumbled upon some cute Christmas stuff for babies and mentioned she needed someone to have a baby so she could buy it for them. (She has twins in college.) She told my coworker he should (because he's engaged) and he was like, "Mattie just got married, I nominate her." See?! It's so hard to not have baby fever when there's so much cute baby stuff out there! I had to let her down easy and tell her we were waiting a while. Not like I could pop one out by Christmas for the cute stuff, anyway! Ha!

Two // I am reeeeeeally excited for Thanksgiving. I'm not sure what it is, since as I mentioned previously, Thanksgiving is not my favorite. Maybe it's the four days off? Or the fact that after work on Wednesday I only have to be in the car for like an hour (as long as traffic isn't horrendous) instead of four-ish to get to my parents' house? Or that maybe I'll finally find the Christmas spirit once Thanksgiving is here?

And I know every single, "sixteen blog tips you MUST FOLLOW," says that every post must contain a picture...but I don't have any relevant ones. So you get no picture!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

18 comments:

  1. no pic is ok! i am dreading the drive of 5 hours to my mom's house. i was just there over the weekend. and driving back is the worst, too. i plan on leaving at 6am sunday morning to get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't follow all the blog rules either and I don't want to :). I have been posting Monday and Thursday but didn't this week yet. I think I will tonight or tomorrow. It is nice that you don't have to drive so far. And I do think the baby stuff is cute but you couldn't pay me to have another now!! One was awesome but Cocoa is my baby now, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated my newlywed brother for that too - he told me since I'm older I'm up next (not happening!) haha

    I'm trying to convince my family that we need to celebrate American Thanksgiving too so I have an excuse to eat Turkey again before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at a Christmas craft fair this weekend with my mom and her friend and on multiple occasions they looked at a quilt or knitted outfit and said "if only we had grandchildren we could buy these things". I humoured them and assured them they'd be waiting a few more years to buy the baby things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! Didn't know there was a rule about pictures in posts! Yay for shorter car rides!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha!!!! I'm so excited for Thanksgiving because I can officially decorate for Christmas this weekend, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you'll be getting the "when are the kids coming?" question a lot now that you're married!! Haha! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No picture is OK! I just love reading your sweet words! I know that the Christmas spirit will soon be in your heart and I'm thankful that you have a short week and a short drive too lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I do no pictures quite often...oops! Only an hour drive would be so nice...jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is perfectly acceptable to not have pictures. Silly bloggers. Short week, amazing food and shopping are the reasons that keep me happy around Thanksgiving! Also it is sort of the official kick off to the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha so funny you were nominated to have a child! Also, I can't believe Thanksgiving is not a favorite for you! Well I know you'll still enjoy it and having the day off of work so that's #winning haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not having a picture is fine. Rules are mean to be broken! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mattie, I also nominate you to have a baby :) there it's done, no buts about it, final decision. No seriously, it is sooo hard to not want to have a baby when you don't have one (but want one) because of the cute things they have. Also, one of the things I love watching is Sophie sleeping (it's quiet...and peaceful) and she has the cutest little cherub cheeks ever.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  14. bahahaha i guess even though you don't have a picture i'll comment on this.
    don't have a baby until you're ready. and just know that in the past month i've spent an abnormal amount of money on baby clothes and small child clothes because they're so cute and they were on sale and i just had to. luckily i know pregnant people and preschoolers so that's great or else i'd have to just keep it and that would be SO WEIRD/awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think there will be plenty of cute baby stuff when you guys decide to have kids :). It's hard to not buy everything for all of my friends that are now having babies! Four days off is a great reason to be excited about Thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I nominate myself to be a dog mom :) Yay for days off! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay for thanksgiving 4 day weekend!!! can't wait :) have a great long weekend in your new city girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you were looking forward to Thanksgiving this year! Did you end up having a good day? I bet the shorter drive sure helped!

    ReplyDelete