Northwest Native: The state of my life.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

The state of my life.

I know confessions are usually done on Wednesdays...but I had that post about babies done and just sitting there for at least two weeks. I don't even know if this post will end up being confession-y or just straight up ramble-y and full of random phone pictures. I'm guessing the latter.

I'm starting off this post sitting on the couch in my comfy clothes, sequined leopard print slippers, and drinking orange juice out of my (super cute!) stemless polka dot Kate Spade wine glass.

To my left is our mantle, which is decorated totally randomly. I was looking at it and asked Michael his opinion. I think the left side with the blues and browns looks put together and like something that a normal person might actually do. And then the right side is a gold pumpkin, a bright Mexican looking owl pitcher, a candle, and a Green Bay Packers gnome. Michael said, "I like it. It's a bunch of random stuff. It's very us." Aside from looking like I just grabbed a bunch of random stuff and put it on our mantle, it looks like we're nice and unpacked and settled in.

But then I look to my right...
This looked at least five times worse when I went to work yesterday morning. Michael did a ton of unpacking and putting away while I was at work, so that was good.

Back in the bedroom, everything is super neat and tidy. I mean just look at my closet with everything hanging up!

Lol jk you didn't actually fall for that did you?! Surprise!!!

Other fun things that are happening include Michael and I sharing a toothbrush because we left our toothbrushes at my parents' house and only had one spare. And yes I realize toothbrushes are like $2 (right? I don't even know) but I never remember to buy things.

I also left my moisturizer at my parents' house. So one day I used Aveeno body lotion on my face. Let me tell you, it didn't feel very great. The next day I used this Banana Boat moisturizing sunscreen I have that is tropical scented...and smelling that stuff all day drove me bananas (get it, Banana Boat?!). I don't want to buy another moisturizer because mine is spendy and I only replace it when I need to. I could buy a cheaper one in the meantime, but again...the remembering is not my strong suit.

Guess what else this genius did. I got to work at my first day in the Portland office. There were two IT guys there (our IT department is all in Seattle so that was a shock to see Seattle people there). They were updating everyone's computers to Windows 10. Anyway, I went into my office, looked around, and there was no computer! Like, what? There were two monitors and a docking station for my laptop. I asked one of the IT guys where the computer was...and he told me my laptop is the computer. I just need to plug it into the docking station. So anyway, I had to call Michael, who had just left a few minutes before from dropping me off, and have him bring me my laptop.

But the good news is I made a delicious sweet potato sausage hash for dinner last night. I am obsessed with sweet potatoes but never buy them because potatoes take approximately six hours to cook. Dinner did take a long time but it was sooo worth it.

I've also finally started burning my pumpkin cheesecake candle from Bath and Body Works and it's wonderful. And I love the Blazers, which you can kind of see in the background. But I loved them pre-move too.
I also love this personalized cookie jar that we got as a wedding gift! We didn't have a cookie jar before, so it's good, but Michael can't eat gluten, and even if we bought gluten free cookies he isn't that into sweets...so guess who is going to eat ninety percent of any cookies that go in there? (More like 100% because I'll probably buy cookies with gluten anyway.)

Lastly, I am dying for some over-the-knee boots. The Dolce Vita pair that every single fashion blogger in the world has posted about lately because they're on sale don't come in my size...so that feels like a slap in the face. BUT I found the Sole Society ones below and now I'm struggling with which color I would want! I'm pretty drawn to the cognac (because I pretty much always am) but I'm not sure.
OTK boots

I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday! Also, I hope to be caught up with blog reading soon! I've had to skip some posts, skim some, and read some without commenting. But I'm trying to catch up!

And now we've reached the end of my rambling, and I've switched to wine. ;)

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

22 comments:

  1. you sound like me with all of the things you're forgetting. i wish i lived closer--i have a beauty closet full of stuff I get, including lots of moisturizer for ya. ;) you're getting there with the unpacking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're getting all settled! As long as you have the wine open and the TV/cable set up you're good to go ;) Hanging clothes can wait haha!!! Love those wine glasses too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to wine. Yes to unpacking being the worst (did you say it was the worst? No, but I know that it is...;)). And sweet potato sausage hash say whaaaat?! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh when you said you looked to your right and you see all the stuff that still needs put away. But hey, at least something looks put together! And ummm sweet potato sausage hash looks and sounds amazing!! Never made that before. You guys will get settled in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're sharing a toothbrush... welcome to married life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love your cookie jar - you don't *have* to use it for cookies either! You could try putting carrots in there just to see if they come out tasting like cookies?! Just a thought :) Happy TOLT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving is absolutely crazy isn't it? I love that you have some stuff done and others not. It's just the way it works right? I hope so far you are enjoying Portland and that life comes together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need those Kate Spade glasses in my life. Also, that sweet potato/sausage hash looks delicious. Congrats on the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is pretty much how my life looks 100% of the time. I'm all over the place. So cool that you're getting there slowly but surely! It will in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. UGH I hate that messy, chaotic state of living out of boxes and suitcases with stuff everywhere. I guess that's when my anxiety is a good thing because it gets me to unpack as quickly as humanly possible, hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would seriously drink everything out of that Kate Spade polka dot glass! So cute! And I HATE when I want a pair of shoes and they don't come in my size. So not fair! Love all three of those options though! Love the cognac color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything and anything Kate Spade! We (.... or I) registered for a bunch of Kate Spade stuff and I love it all!! haha I fell for the closet thing, I was like "wow that's nice to have that done already!!" but I would literally be the same way. Just stuff everywhere waiting to find its new home. Those boots are so cuteeee!!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those boots!! I would probably go for the black because I always do. Everything will get done in your new home in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Mattie!
    Long time - no comment... I know. First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding!! How is married life? And... wow... your big move! I know it's overwhelming to look at all that has to be done, but - just remember - it won't be like that forever. It will all get done. I understand your stress, though, because I'd feel like that, too.
    Anyway, hope you and your husband are doing well. I'm still reading!
    The Busy Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  15. The dark brown boots are a cool color! Cognac is everywhere! Be different :) I am totally with you on the "forgetting to buy stuff" thing...I haven't had makeup wipes for about a week and I have been so frustrated that washing my face doesn't seem to get all the eye makeup off my face! My friend recommended coconut oil and I am AMAZED!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the dark brown boots also! And your cookie jar is just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahahaha thank you for sharing the messy unpacking pictures. I so appreciate that since it's about to be my life. And our decorating style is very much like your mantle. We have random knick knacks and like weird little figurines that we've picked up places, and it just makes no sense. But who cares? Probably no one lol. And um sweet potatoes are so good. Like they can be breakfast, lunch, dinner, DESSERT. They're a super food.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Moving is so much fun... not. Unpacking everything is way worse than packing! I laughed about your closet picture & then the rest of the bedroom. I really want some over-the-knee boots too. I love the ones you posted & Charlotte Russe has a ton on their website right now too that I'm thinking about ordering. That wine looks pretty good right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many things to comment on!
    1. This makes me miss the mantle I had in my old apt so much. I love the random objects because that's what I had too, and owls!
    2. I'm with Michael on not really being into sweets, but I love the cookie jar- it has an old school vibe to it that's just so classic.
    3. My ex was once used my toothbrush by accident and after he told me, I threw it out. I just can't. I now invest in value-packs of toothbrushes lol.
    4. That hash looks delicious. Recipe?
    5. I hear ya on the moisturizer. I really like the Aveeno Positively Radiant daily moisturizer if you're looking for something to hold you over for half the price!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What is it with potatoes taking so dang long to cook?? That hash sure does look good though! Moving sucks. Just doing what you can when you can is the way to do it. Don't feel bad it's not done yet! The part about forgetting your moisturizer is funny. I actually use the Aveeno body lotion on my face everyday! When I wash it, I'll use CereVe moisturizer cream but then at night or morning, I'll put on the Aveeno. Plain lotion has always been the best for my skin! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete