Northwest Native: November Goals [2015]

Thursday, November 5, 2015

November Goals [2015]

I totally forgot about goals. I guess that'll happen to you when you only had one goal the month before and it was pretty easy to accomplish without even thinking about it... Speaking of, let's see how I did on that goal, shall we?

Get Married!
Yes, friends, I did in fact get married! On October 10th, 2015, to be exact. Is it funny that when I put that as a goal I was like, "Watch us cancel or postpone the wedding and me have to come back and eat my words about how my goal was sooo easy and totally going to get done"? [No, I had no doubts about Michael and he doesn't about me...but seriously, I'm always paranoid about having to eat my words! Ha!]

So after that quick recap, I considered just putting, "Move to Portland" as my goal for November but I thought that was boring. Plus, there are multiple things we need to do involving the move, so I figured I can split those into several goals and not be quite as boring.

Meet up with Katie & Julie before the move!
Check. :) We met up on Tuesday, and yes, this was planned before I wrote this post. But I've seen things going around that say, "I write things I've already done on my to-do list just so I can get the satisfaction of crossing them off" and that's exactly what I'm doing here. I figured I'd have a picture to put here, but we failed as bloggers and didn't get one!

Purge, Purge, Purge!
I am trying to be diligent about what we keep and take with us in the move. Getting rid of stuff feels great no matter when you do it, but it makes a lot more sense to get rid of it before packing it up and moving it 180 miles. We have a table and chairs that are the standard light wood with white legs (do you know what I'm talking about?). It was a hand-me-down from my parents--they had it at our float house (a little one-room house that floated on the river, but has since been sold). It's just kind of bulky and Tully has done a number on it by chewing on the bottom of the chairs when we're eating anyway. I'm getting rid of my dresser because it's just a plain IKEA dresser and it's done the job for three years, but I've got my eye on a slightly fancier IKEA dresser. (I'm adult enough to get a fancier dresser, just not one not from IKEA apparently.) And basically I'm going to try to get rid of anything else that I can! Including hand cream that I found that was dated 2003. And various medications of Michael's that expired in 2012.

MOVE
I mean this kind of has to happen, right? Our current lease ends on November 13th so we have to move somewhere! But again, it's something I can add just to cross off later. #dedicated

Go ice skating!
Remember when I mentioned Michael's family's shower gift to us? Well we finally got to open our first date envelope and the date for November is to go ice skating and get hot cocoa (complete with the money for ice skating and a Starbucks gift card). I think I'm going to cheat and get a peppermint white mocha instead of cocoa though...it's my go-to winter-y drink. :)

Start figuring out Christmas gifts
I'm not going to put pressure on myself to have all of them complete this month...but I want to make some progress.

Daily dog walks
Walking our dogs around our current neighborhood is a no-go. We're literally in the middle of the city and one of our dogs is very anxious and timid. She just slinks back and tries to hide at every noise or person walking by. She expends more energy being nervous than she does walking. Our new apartment is in a residential neighborhood, and though my anxious dog gets nervous walking in my parents' neighborhood in a tiny town, I'm going to try to walk the dogs daily for the rest of the November after we move.

I'm linking up with the ladies behind the monthly goals link-up, Angie and Karen!
Monthly Goals

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

20 comments:

  1. Yay on Your move!! No pressure girl, gifts will come to you, breathe and enjoy!!! Have a fabulous day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goals :) Especially the get married :) and I totally forgot about the date nights that your family did with the envelopes! So sweet.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice skating is so much fun! I'm not ready to jump into Christmas just yet but I know that if I want to order any gifts online it needs to be done this month so that they'll arrive in time for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those monthly date idea things!! So fun and cool to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to try & get a good jump on Christmas gifts too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the move and the purge! I totally have random stuff like hand lotions from 2003 that I've only gotten rid of in the past year, whoops! :) And I would totally be paranoid too about setting a goal and being like "Psh no problem" and then something weird happening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad we didn't get a pic but so glad we were able to meet up!! :) thanks so much for making time. I know how time consuming moving is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg Mattie you guys have a lot going on with the move, I hope you get a chance to squeeze in your ice skating date because you deserve it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for getting married and congrats on the move as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so exciting you are moving. Definitely the perfect time to purge! I think that date idea is just so fun - what a great present!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I honestly do not remember when I last set goals for myself... oops! And see? Even hand cream expires! Ridiculous lol. I love the shower gift, particularly because I love surprises! That's such a fun idea, and I hope you have a blast ice skating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many goals! You are going to rock this month! Make it yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. JUST KIDDING hahaha just had to do that. How cool is it that you got to meet up with other bloggers?! I wish more bloggers lived near me!! (Ones that I read their blogs) and IKEA thoooo!! I love their furniture so much! It's always such a good deal, too. And their Swedish food. YUM. I'm glad you went through with getting married!! ;) But seriously you've almost been married for a month! OMG!!! Did it fly? You should make a Christmas idea gift post so I can get ideas, too haha I am one of those people who is STILL Christmas shopping on Christmas eve... Help!

      Delete
  14. Loving those date cards! Ice skating and Starbucks sounds like my kind of night :) I cannot wait to hear about you, Julie, and Katie meeting up. How fun! I bet it was a blast! I'm so excited for November and your goals are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to link up with this :) I think that is an awesome wedding gift. Makes you take the time to go out on dates and experience fun stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Completely agree on getting rid of things before you move! I'm pretty sure we have the same type of kitchen table (which was also a hand down from my mom, haha). I want a new one so bad! I love the date ideas too. That is a perfect idea for a wedding gift!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on getting married! Such a wonderful milestone. :) That gift is so awesome! Never thought of anything like that. It's so creative. Glad you had fun and are making wonderful memories together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well you did better then some at achieving your goals for the month, me I don't set goals or make many plans I am a day by day type of person, I hope you have many wonderful years of marriage

    ReplyDelete
  19. That shower gift is such a good idea! I might have to steal it for my brother and sister in laws christmas gift since we're wanting to do more 'homemade' gifts this year. Also, happy one month anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete