Northwest Native: Friday Favorites: Christmas Cheer & Turtlenecks

Friday, November 20, 2015

Friday Favorites: Christmas Cheer & Turtlenecks

Happy Friday! This post is going to be short and sweet, because I'm having a little bit of writer's block! I'm linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci for Friday Favorites!

Blogger Christmas Cheer Exchange! Today is the last day to sign up for the Blogger Christmas Cheer Exchange that Olya and I are hosting! It's open to Canada as well as the U.S., and for the rest of the details, check out my original post!

Rules of Engagement Michael and I just started watching this on Netflix. It's a nice, light (and pretty cheesy) sitcom to watch before bed, which we needed. I love Megyn Price from Grounded For Life, Oliver Hudson is on Scream Queens, which is a new favorite of mine, and Patrick Warburton is like a cartoon character. [Note: Uhh, he's the voice of Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove so he literally is a cartoon character...I didn't realize this at the time I wrote it.] His voice does not seem real. Listen to him speak and you will understand!

Natural light! This may seem like a weird favorite, but it really is a favorite for me! Our old apartment had a glass door in the living room and a big window in the bedroom. They were next to each other but separated by a wall. So all of our natural light came in from one side. Our new apartment has a one large window, three small, and a glass door, and they're spread throughout the apartment which means natural light comes in to every room except for the bathroom. At the office in Seattle, the back where everyone works has absolutely NO windows to the outside. The offices have windows...but they're windows to the inside, so they can see out of their office if their door is closed. The new office has windows, and I even have my own office, with my own window!

Outfits lately I love a good poncho. This one is from Old Navy last year, but this year's version is here. I also got this patterned one and wore it for the first time yesterday with a burgundy long-sleeved turtleneck (similar one here!) under it.
For some reason I really liked the below outfit too. I think because I love the top and I love the skirt, and I hardly every wear so much black, so it was different for me!

Fall/winter staples I stumbled upon this turtleneck and I love it! The cable knit details down the sides, the split hem, the color... And I kind of started leaning towards the dark brown OTK boots I posted yesterday, and then when two ladies behind two of the blogs I read daily commented and voted dark brown that just kind of pushed it over the edge for me (thanks Kylie and Caitlin!). Wouldn't these look so good in an outfit?!
turtleneck sweater & otk boots

Boy bandz Sooo...a couple weeks ago I was listening to music on YouTube, and Sorry by Justin Bieber himself came on. I thought I was super cool and hearing it before it was a big thing, but then I heard it on the radio like the next day so as usual I am behind the times. But I absolutely love it! I also love Drag Me Down by One Direction, which I know is a little older, but I'm still a big fan!

Also, since my laptop is my only computer at work, and it's also what I'm using as my personal computer at home, I'm looking for a laptop bag (it doesn't have to be specifically for laptops, just has to fit one and be good for carrying it!). Do you have any recommendations?

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

14 comments:

  1. I use a Swiss gear backpack for my computer!! I love being able to put it on both shoulders and it also comes in handy when traveling. Not the most fashionable but I am so glad I got it! Loving those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i love natural light--i am staying put in my apt because the lighting is amazing--i know that's a crazy reason to not move apts, but that's the blogger in me, lol. love that turtleneck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sweater! I love the color & I'm always a fan of turtlenecks in the cold weather!
    I never take my computer anywhere so I'm not good with bags - I just tote my tablet around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love natural light! It makes everything happier ---- which sounds so weird, but it's true! Darkness and all lamp light is sad ;)

    I am loving the layered look of the poncho sweater with the stripes. Borrowing that look...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking for a laptop bag too so let me know if you find a cool one. I think the brown is a good choice :) Make it a great weekend exploring your new home!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a grown up at all and I have a Under Armour backtop with a laptop compartment and that's what I use for carting my laptop around. It is great when traveling though!

    I not so secretly love One Direction. It's probably my biggest shame haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love so many things you mentioned in this post. Love Megyn Price, love natural light (I used to have huge windows at my apartment, but now I can never get enough natural light at home, womp), love your outfits (especially the one with the red skirt!), love the OTK boots (I need a new pair), and love the boy band confession (I'm so far behind I'm still stuck on "What Do You Mean"!)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love natural light. I love how bright it is in my office thanks to the very large windows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving natural light is not weird at all! I actually sit by a window at work, and coworkers threaten to steal my work area! I hope they never move me! And I actually chose my apartment because other than proximity to the train station (I commute) it has natural light coming in from 3/4 sides- I love it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so with you on having natural light! Our apartment is set up the same way with all of the windows on one side. Lots of windows are a must for a house someday! I love the dark brown boots! Those were my favorite out of the ones you posted yesterday. And if you end up finding a good bag, please share! Haha. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your outfits-that red skirt is so cute! I'm with you on natural light-I love having natural light at our loft! Love the dark brown riding boots. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rules of Engagement was one of my favorite shows! I watched it when it used to air and I was so sad to see it go. Jeff and Adam crack me up!!! Love your outfits, so cute! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that top you paired with the red skirt, super cute little cutouts up top! Alsoooo super pumped you're buying new boots, boots are the best for this time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are such cute outfits! I have a similar sweater to your grey one that I paired with my striped long sleeve tee a few weeks ago. I love that red skirt too! What a fun holiday outfit!

    ReplyDelete