Northwest Native: Final Weekend in Seattle

Monday, November 9, 2015

Final Weekend in Seattle

I already miss Seattle and we haven't even left yet. :( We tried to make the most of our last weekend in this city which is where our relationship really began and where it grew!

On Friday, we went to The Pink Door, a restaurant that has a special place in our hearts. It was pretty important to our relationship. A couple years ago we got this fig toddy and thought it was delicious. I got it on Friday and while it was pretty, it just tasted too strong for me. Michael said it's probably because we're like an old married couple now and can't hang. Haha.

Saturday was spent doing some moving preparations. We met my mom in Olympia to pick up my dad's truck so we could use it for moving purposes. We took a bunch of stuff to Goodwill, like our kitchen table and chairs and my dresser.

For my birthday, Michael bought us tickets to go up to the observation deck in Columbia Tower, Seattle's tallest building. We decided to go on Sunday afternoon and it was beautiful. We were there for daylight and sunset. When we decided to leave, it felt really sad, like we were officially saying goodbye to Seattle. I can't imagine the feelings when we drive out of Seattle with our stuff on Friday.

We were supposed to meet up with Michael's two closest friends and one of their girlfriends but it fell through, so we decided we would go out to eat. We kept weighing the options and none of our 'favorite' restaurants seemed right. We went somewhere I had never been and Michael only went to during his bachelor party night. It felt right going somewhere new-ish, because that's what we've done here. We don't repeat too many restaurants because there's always somewhere new to go. I ate chips and guac and churros with dulce de leche sauce for dinner and I'm not sorry about it.

I also may have had a strong margarita with dinner and that may be why I'm trying to wrap this post up quickly.

A few more things of note--yesterday (November 8th) marked two years of having Flora in our lives. We are so happy we adopted her. It was definitely one of the best decisions we have ever made.

The other thing is that I found my old FitBit! I had a Flex and already mentioned that after losing it I replaced it with a Charge. I remember I was cleaning the day I lost it. Well...it was in our hamper! I am usually pretty bad with laundry and have a perpetual pile going. A few weeks ago I did a few loads and got it down to hardly any laundry left...and somehow I didn't find it then. On Saturday I did the same thing...tried to get the hamper as emptied as possible...and as I grabbed something to throw in the washer, my Fitbit fell out! I figured it had to be somewhere in the apartment or thrown down the trash chute, since I lost it on a cleaning day. I can't believe I actually ended up finding it. Michael might start using it...otherwise I guess it will be backup in case my Charge breaks or something.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

29 comments:

  1. It was nice ou got to go to The Pink Door for dinner to celebrate. One adventure is ending but another is beginning!! It will be cool to explore your new neiborhood with your puppy and find new eating spots. It must be sad to leave such a beautiful place and where your relationship started. Home is wherever you both are together :). Have a good Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You!! I need to spell check better. And I spelled neighborhood wrong. Yikes. It's from my iPad so that's my excuse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds so bittersweet--i'm glad seattlehas such great memories for you. that last restaurant y'all chose sounded just right. i totally can't hang anymore either! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful view of Seattle! Good luck with the move on Friday! Love what Julie wrote, "home is where you both are together" So very true:)
    -Krissy
    www.allthedetailsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww don't be sad! You'll go back to visit right?! That part about being an old married couple made me laugh lol...yeah, like two week old married couple hahaha. That drink looks really pretty though! And churros sound good...thank you for putting that thought in my head. Random but when we lived outside of Chicago last year we lived near a Mexican grocery store and they sold them out front and I would purposely shop there so I could get a churro on my way out, haha. One of the best things ever. And that is sooo funny about the fitbit being in the laundy basket. I like to think I keep track of my things pretty well, but a few years ago I had a kindle and I could not find it for the life of me one day, so for Christmas John got me a new one. Fast forward like a year later, when I was cleaning out my car...it was under the seat. It was crazy! I was like I LOOKED HERE!!!!! So now I have two. And you have two! At least Michaels going to use yours, John would never, ever read on a kindle. I ought to sell it, but it's old now. Anyways wow, enough about me. Have a good week and good luck moving!!!!! It's exciting!!!

    x. Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant believe its time for the move already!
    I love my Fitbit Flex... its my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with the move!! I'm sure once you get settled in, everything will be great. You and your hubby make a house a home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember how sad I was when I left Atlanta. But, I made so many new memories in Birmingham that I just get nostalgic when I think of my time in Atlanta and I dont really feel sad about it anymore. You two will make so many new memories, it it is just a visit away if you want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently moved from the Seattle area, where I had lived my entire life, across the state to the inland northwest. Although I love it here, I am still adjusting and miss Seattle. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww...moving to a new city is a new adventure though and you'll be close enough too. sweet thing of Michael to do, glad you got a gorgeous view of the city.

    You know the same thing happened with us for our magnetic key for the locks to keep Sophie out of the cabinets. Couldn't find it anywhere, then we dug in the clean laundry hamper we have by the fridge, (obviously we never pull clothes out of there), Sophie had dropped it in there for fun and of course we never though to look for it in there.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh, that is hilarious that you found your fitbit.

    good luck with the move.. it's always hard leaving somewhere, i think. that view from the tower is amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally get all those feelings of moving away! Love the views from the observation deck! So funny you found your FitBit in the laundry hamper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I miss Seattle and cried when I moved to the Midwest.luckily, Portland and Seattle are pretty similar... Seattle is definitely much bigger, but Portland is pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I lived in MKE for 4 years for college and I remember during my last couple of weeks there everything i normally found annoying about the city was suddenly completely endearing to me. it was such a bitter sweet feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought I had lost my FitBit flex this weekend and I was panicked. I usually wear my bracelet non-stop so I wear it to bed. I must have shoved my hand under my pillow or something because the band had twisted up on itself and resulted in it popping out the actual sensor and having a big crack in the band. So there I was messed up band and no sensor and all a panic. Since I had had more than a few drinks the night before I assumed it could be anywhere. Of course it was just in my sheets. Ooops! Anyways that was a long boring story... glad you were able to celebrate a little in your last weekend in Seattle! I still can't wait to hear about all your new adventures in Portland! Plus that's closer to me so basically we would be almost neighbors. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, it'll be sad to leave I'm sure, but soon you'll be posting about how FAB Portland is and all the new places you're finding that you love. Yay for your last week! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. moving is always bittersweet but you can always come back and visit! portland is so close too. so happy we met up and that you had a nice last weekend. the columbia tower view looks amazing. I gotta get up there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't believe it's already moving week! The view of Seattle from the Columbia Tower is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like an awesome weekend before you move! At least you're not too far from Seattle so you could always go visit for a weeked :). I bawled the day I moved to Omaha & I was only moving 50 miles, haha. I couldn't imagine moving any farther away. Love those pictures from the tower! That is such a beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Seattle has been at the top of my list of cities to visit forever! It sounds so incredible

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good gosh I'm so behind on blog-reading. How did I miss the fact that you were moving from Seattle?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Olympia! One of my best friends in college is from there, which is why I've always wanted to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahaha, at least you found it! I once found my watch in a tissue box- so random lol. You got some gorgeous pics! Happy you got to do some of your favorite things before leaving!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Leaving somewhere that you've called home, no matter how long you were actually there, is always hard. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures at your new home though!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Moving is so bittersweet! Sounds like you guys made the most of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ok that fig toddy doesn't look like something I would like although to be honest not sure what a toddy is just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww I bet you'll miss Seattle but I hope this new adventure will bring new excitement to your life! Trying a new things before leaving. I hope the move went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm intrigued by the fig toddy! What does it have in it? Maybe they've adjusted the recipe since you had it the first time, and that's why it was too strong this time?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh no- I just found your blog (I'm a fellow Seattlite) and now you're leaving?! :(

    ReplyDelete