Northwest Native: Wedding Wednesday: Bridesmaids Gifts

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Bridesmaids Gifts

I love giving gifts. One of the things I was most excited about when planning the wedding was picking out bridesmaids gifts. I know, I'm weird. My mom always said that the best gifts to give are things you really want for yourself. I loved the things I ended up giving my bridesmaids, and they ended up loving them too, so I was really happy with my choices.

First, I knew I wanted to give everyone those hangers from Etsy with your name twisted in wire. I found mine at HangerDesignCenter. I got the first names of all of my bridesmaids. My two maids of honor got champagne ribbons and the other bridesmaids got plum ribbon. My hanger said Mrs. Dulka with an ivory ribbon. I stole this picture from my bridesmaid Abby's mom's Facebook. We had all of our dresses lined up in a row on our hangers, but not until the photographer got there, so I'll post that when we get our pictures from her!

I also bought everyone robes to wear while getting ready (Etsy: BridalBlissCouture). I just love that trend. I presented them to everyone on their personalized hanger, then once they put their robe on, they hung their dress up on the hanger. I don't have many pictures of the robes either, but here's a candid of me getting my hair done and not paying attention at all while wearing the robe (and you can see them on some bridesmaids in the background). All of the robes had a rhinestone initial on the front, which was cool.

I didn't really consider those first two things as part of their 'gift,' but they did so they were surprised when I handed out these bags. I love the gift bags at Cost Plus, so I bought eight different designs. I found the gold tissue paper at Target.

Inside was...

When I saw those Kate Spade mugs at Macy's, I fell in love. All of her kitchen stuff is so cute (I got this teapot as a wedding gift, and my mom bought me these wine glasses!). There are nine different sayings, but four of them seemed to fit for my purposes (the bees knees, partner in crime, best friend ever, one in a million), so I bought two of each of those.

Hanky Panky makes the best underwear. Seriously. I know they're expensive for underwear, and I always thought it was crazy, but Shaeffer sang their praises so my mom put some in my stocking a couple years ago and I was hooked. Seriously, they are just too comfy. Two of my bridesmaids told me they are their favorite underwear ever. (The low rise thong is my favorite--I am not a fan of the regular rise, and I've never tried any of their other cuts.)

I thought the Kate Spade necklace was really pretty, and also simple enough that it'd be more likely that everyone liked it. It's also a sailor's knot and I'm really into nautical stuff, so that was perfect. I told my bridesmaids they could wear gold jewelry. I didn't actually imagine that they would wear this necklace on the big day (I didn't know if it would work with their dresses) but all of them got really excited about wearing them, so that made me happy! I felt like it was a very successful gift.

Lastly, everyone got this body cream from Bath & Body Works. It seriously smells like a dream. This is the only thing of the bridesmaids gifts that I (okay, my mom) got for myself as well. (There was a buy two get one free promotion going on when we got these.)

Are you a fan of giving gifts? Normally I like finding Christmas gifts for people (well, at least for females) but this year I was occupied with the wedding and now the move, plus money is tight so I'm kind of stressing about those gifts!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

23 comments:

  1. Cannot go wrong with hanky-panky and Kate Spade! Wow did you give the most awesome gifts girl! I'll bet your ladies were tickled pink! They will remember what sweet Mattie gave them forever! I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Hanky Panky but heard good things from Pinterest Told Me Too :). Those are really sweet gifts. I love the necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those hangers, such a cute touch! And the Kate Spade mugs are awesome! Love them! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate Spade mugs---so cute!! Um, can we rewind time and I'll be in your wedding ;)

    I'm definitely with you---giving gifts makes me SO excited. I'm also definitely with you on Hanky Panky---so incredibly soft and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy wow! Those are some amazing bridesmaid gifts - above and beyond!!!! And love that you gave those undies in orange! So fun for your fall themed wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a wonderful bride! I am loving all of these gifts for them, especially the personalized hanger. I would get that for myself.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also use the rule of giving gifts that I would like to receive! And I always say "if you don't like it, I'll use it and get you something else!" haha! I used to buy the same Hanky Panky underwear but I noticed they got frayed pretty easy in the wash whereas Victorias Secret stayed looking newer through multiple washes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the exact opposite! I wore VS pretty much exclusively and thought they were great until I was introduced to HP. Since the HP ones are so elastic they stay in place and don't move around, even through washes. The VS ones get stretched and then they're moving around all day and it drives me insane!

      Delete
  8. Um can I go back in time and be in your wedding?! I'm so jealous of all these gifts! I seriously want one of those floral robes to wear around. And yes hanky pankys are the BEST. $20 a pair is a lot but I only need to buy a few new paid a year (tmi lol?) and they last forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hangers and the gift bags, such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some awesome gifts! I've never even heard of Hanky Panky?! I'm a VS fan but might have to look into those. I'm indifferent about giving gifts because I never know what I should get people! And then I get worried that they won't like it so I usually keep it simple, like a gift card so they can get whatever they want. Obviously this wouldn't work for bridesmaids but even then, I wouldn't have a clue what to get!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I HATE the process of getting gifts for people, but i LOVE actually giving the gift to them and seeing it make them happy. the process of getting gifts makes me so anxious. i'm always worried they won't like it, or won't use it or need it. usually it's just me being paranoid. Also, i try to live by a general rule of thumb that anything Kate Spade is a good idea. her stuff if so cute and girly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love figuring out what to get people-it's so much fun! You did such a great job-the robe you picked out is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg those gifts are awesome!! So cute and thoughtful! Can I retroactively be in your wedding?? ;D I seriously want all of Kate Spade's kitchen stuff when I see it in store, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you really spoiled your girls! I love giving gifts too and I think I will be really excited about giving gifts to my maids if I ever get married. The last wedding I was in the bride MADE us jewelry boxes out of vintage books and then put our goodies inside. It was so sweet! I loved all your gifts though because they can use every single thing again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great gifts! I loved spoiling my girls, too! LOVE those robes!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So thoughtful of you :) Its so sweet to thank your girls for being such a big part of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so thoughtful! I love the hanger idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooookay you gave the best bridesmaids gifts ever!! I got mine all an initial gold necklace that we all wore on my wedding day :) I LOVE Kate spade kitchen stuff!! It's all so dang cute! We have some crystal glasses by Kate and our salt and pepper shakers are Kate Spade, not gonna like, I was REALLY glad we got those for our wedding. But anyways I'm with you, I loveeee giving gifts and watching their face when they open it. Jason is so hard to surprise haha but I've gotten better with surprising him!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some nice bridesmaids gifts! As for Christmas presents, I recommend giving a framed wedding picture of you and your husband as your relatives will totally love it forever and it's not terribly expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What great bridesmaids gifts! I only had one - my sister. So when I asked her, I got her a mug, flowers and a maid of honor book. For the day of, I gave her a fall candle from Kristen Schmucker, a stuffed sea otter (her favorite!) and earrings. We all got ready in flannels my dad picked up from Costco - my mama, sister, cousin & I!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! & for Christmas gifts, most people are getting framed pictures from the wedding, since that is what everyone wants anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I gave my girls robes too! And I got them something from Kate Spade too, I got them the bridesmaid bangle!

    ReplyDelete