Northwest Native: Pre-Wedding Thoughts

Friday, October 9, 2015

Pre-Wedding Thoughts

If you haven't seen The Princess Bride, drop everything you're doing and watch it right now. (Okay, maybe that's a little extreme, but it's a great movie and you need to see it.) [source]

Tomorrow is the day! Don't worry, I wrote this post back on Sunday since my life was basically consumed with wedding preparations the rest of this week. For a few weeks now, I keep having these thoughts. A popular one is, "This is the last time I'll ____ as an unmarried woman." I don't have these thought in a nervous or regretful way, it's more of a reminder that the wedding is really here after an engagement of over two and a half years. Plus it totally weirds me out to think that. Here are some actual thoughts I've had recently.

Whoa, this is the last time I'll walk to work as an unmarried woman.

This is the last Packers game as an engaged couple.

When I come back to work I'll be married!

I'm going to have to start referring to Michael as my husband. And he'll call me his wife. Whoa. [I think this is the weirdest thing for me. We only called each other boyfriend/girlfriend for just over six months...and then it was fiance/fiancée for over two and a half years, so making that switch wasn't too hard to process.]

I'm going to have two rings on my left ring finger now.

Michael is going to be wearing a wedding ring.

Is this the last book I'll read before we're married?

Okay I need to work out every single day...yikes! [Ha! This didn't happen and never will.]

What else do we have to do/buy/plan?! [This is a big one...this has been in my head for months and months.]

I have to walk/stand/sit in front of 110 people...some of which I've never met. Please don't trip or fall or do something embarrassing. PLEASE.

I'll be back to posting (and commenting!) again eventually, but who knows when? Remember, if you want to see some wedding pictures before I'm back and posting some, our hashtag is #DulkaWedding! Hopefully people will utilize it!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

27 comments:

  1. Yay I can't wait to see pictures! Happy wedding Mattie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited about! Most beautiful bride ever Miss Mattie!! Enjoy every second!! Sending lots of love and positive vibes beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH!!! It's finally here!! Enjoy every last second, we will be waiting to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really just can't wait to actually call you MRS. DULKA! Nothing feels better than being called MRS.

    please upload a picture of your gorgeous self in that wedding dress on instagram please :) since we'll all have to wait for the wedding pics

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY WEDDING EVE!!!! Savor every little, freaking second of the weekend. Because every little second will be amazing.

    Can't wait to stalk your wedding pictures, Mrs. Dulka ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy wedding friend!! So excited for you guys and def going to check out your hashtag all weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes for a WONDERFUL DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally stalking you tomorrow!!!!
    Cant wait to hear all about it
    Hope you take many moments in the day to breath & soak in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm gonna stalk you for sure!! I am so so so excited for you and your future hubby!! Y'all are a precious couple! Here are a few things I can remember from my wedding day, and I hope they help you! (not that you even asked for my advice haha)

    1. Take a moment for yourself in the morning. I had all my bridesmaids stay with me so I got up extra early to enjoy a cup of coffee by myself.
    2. Eat something. It will be hard, but make sure you do.
    3. It is totally normal to freak out 30 minutes before the ceremony. Yes, you love him to death, but it's normal to feel like you need to run away as fast as you can haha
    4. Stare in the mirror as long as you want to. You're the bride, embrace it and soak it all in!
    5. Dance like no one's watching, drink all the champagne, love your groom, and hug your parents.

    Girl, I am so excited for you. You're in my thoughts, prayers, and I'm sending good vibes your way! Welcome to married life! It's the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the day finally being here! How exciting!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhhhh I am so excited for you!!!!! You wedding is going to go by in a flash so try to soak in every little moment that you can :) Can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy almost wedding day!!!! I feel like I would be having a lot of the same thoughts as you, especially the one about having to be in front of so many people! I hope you have an amazing time at your wedding, and I can't wait to hear all about it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. One more day! I'm planning on stalking your hashtag this weekend too because I can't wait until your recap to see everything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i just read an amazing book about the making of The Princess Bride, called "As You Wish". it will forever be one of my favorite movies! congrats on your big day! HAVE FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm SO excited for you! I won't lie, I'll be stalking instagram! Yay!!!
    The weirdest thing for me was seeing my husband wearing a wedding ring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! May the day be everything you hope it will, and more :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Y'all are such a cute couple! Hope your day is all you wished for (and more!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So stalking you!! Have the best day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man. I'll definitely be spying on that hashtag. I'm so excited for you and I don't even know you. That's the best thing about these blogs, the glimpses we get into people's lives. Hope you're doing well and enjoying your last night as an unmarried woman!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhh I can't wait to check out your hashtag!! Have the best day ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you had your dream wedding day! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Was just thinking about you today - going to check out that hashtag now.
    Hope everything was as perfect as you planned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope your day was perfect, I know it was. Congrats, cant wait to see the pics!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice information!! Thanks dear for this great share. Well, I am already married and our first anniversary is coming. We would like to celebrate this day at some outdoor party venues NYC. So please suggest some affordable venues dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm totally going back and stalking your wedding related posts now since you told me in my Christmas card that you got married the week before me! I had so many of these thoughts right before my wedding! I love calling my husband 'my husband,' it's so cool!

    ReplyDelete