Northwest Native: October Budget [2015]

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October Budget [2015]

Yes, I am posting a budget post this month. No, I did not break my October shopping ban! I can hardly believe it. And it wasn't even that hard! I attribute a lot of that to being busy with the wedding and also the fact that Michael still needs to find a job in Portland, which means I will be paying rent by myself until then, so I can't afford to make many unnecessary purchases.

The reason I have purchases to share is due to a Nordstrom Note I had on my account and the booties I mentioned in last month's post. I did order them in September, but I didn't receive them until October and wasn't sure that they would fit. I haven't received the sweater I ordered yet either, so it's possible that it may be returned. I've had my eye on it for a while though (I love the stripes, the length, and that green color!) so when it went 40% off I knew I had to use part of my Nordstrom Note on it. (The Note is from paying for Michael's alterations on his wedding outfit with my Nordstrom card. So I did spend the money initially, but it was a necessary expense so I'm treating the Note like a gift card.)
BP Trolley Ankle Boots - $99.95
These are a more expensive purchase than I usually make, but I desperately wanted these for Christmas last year. I asked too many people so I ended up getting two pairs--one from my mother-in-law and one from my dad. But I asked for my regular size, so they were too small. The sizes were picked over at that point, so I searched for different brownish booties to fill the void. I found some and they're cute and they served their purpose for about a year...but when these came back in stock recently I knew I had to have them. I didn't know if they would fit (I had to size up a whole size, instead of the recommended half size) but they ended up fitting perfectly! I am going to send the brown booties I got last year to ThredUp. Even if I don't make money on them, it will help declutter my closet.

BP Textured Knit Stripe Tunic - $38, on sale for $22.80 - Nordstrom Note = $0
I had seen this sweater in store before and loved it. I have a pretty big wish list from Nordstrom (three items I currently want, but all are $48-$58). I wanted to get the most out of my Nordstrom Note, so I was refraining from buying things, hoping they'd go on sale. When I saw this was 40% off I immediately ordered it! Hopefully it will be cute on.

I'm linking up with Franish's Budgeting Bloggers--the link-up goes live tomorrow, but I have a Wedding Wednesday post lined up!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

16 comments:

  1. Those Trolly booties are so cute! That sucks the ones you got last year didn't fit but I'm glad you were able to get the ones you wanted this year! And loving that sweater, it looks so comfy! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those booties! They are so cute and a great neutral color. If only the heel were lower (to make them practical for my walking-in-between-modes-of transport), I would be all over them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on not breaking your ban! I was so pumped when I first did one, and I agree that it didn't even seem that hard! And great job being picky with your Note- love the tunic and the booties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome you were able to make it the whole month without shopping! Impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you getting cute goodies & staying on track

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those booties! I need to implement a shopping ban for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, up until a couple months ago I had never even heard of BP, and now I see people writing about their stuff on blogs everywhere. How do you find the quality is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the boots are great quality! They look and feel like it so far, at least.

      Delete
  8. That's great you did so well this month! You should plan for a wedding every month ;)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both items!! Go you for staying on track this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your booties! & I admire your willpower on the shopping ban :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those boots! Pictures?! I definitely need to do a shopping ban too.. maybe next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love it when y'all share what worked and what didn't or just the budget in general! plus it gives me some great shopping ideas! i've still got some bday money to burn! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job sticking to your shopping ban. I often end up shopping even when I'm supposed to be on a "low-buy" or no-buy type month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did awesome! And it totally does count as a no shopping month. I don't count any rewards because they're money I already spent and accounted for in another month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Get daily ideas and instructions for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.
    CLICK HERE TO START IMMEDIATELY

    ReplyDelete